What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

murraymob

Coach
Looks like a bit of rain could be around
They way we play not sure the rain affects us to much.The sharks may be affected more than us

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless an insider can set me straight I don't trust these injuries in the backs and so I suppose I don't trust Zane's too. I just would have thought they'd rest Tamou first, but then I suppose they might have wanted to match the Sharks starters and save Tamou's rest for another week against weaker opposition.

Tamou will probably 'rest' against Cowboys

franklin2323

Immortal
He is? I haven’t seen anything that suggests he’ll be a star. Pretty good prospect, but it’s the backrow. Those type of players are very common. We’d be able to replace most of Martin’s output quite easily. Where as high quality spine prospects are rare.

I can’t believe it’s even a discussion. Spine players are what make the difference between good and great teams.

Even if I thought Martin was going to be a star, I’d still take Burton. Because I think Burton is going to be a star. How often do you see hand skills like that on someone who is 6’3? Hardly ever. And a star in the spine trumps a star backrower any day.

Look at his tackle technique. His hard was a middle now found a home on the edge.

Our spine is and will be barring injury

Edwards
Luai
Cleary
Api

So leaves Burton either as depth or finding another position he is untried in

Always lock the starters up 1st is basic stuff or you get balance all out

Look at his tackle technique. His hard was a middle now found a home on the edge.

Our spine is and will be barring injury

Edwards
Luai
Cleary
Api

So leaves Burton either as depth or finding another position he is untried in

Always lock the starters up 1st is basic stuff or you get balance all out

Edwards isn’t good enough to hold out a better talent. He will lose the position before long. I don’t even think Luai has 6 locked down either.

And Martin isn’t even a starter if Capewell is fit. So by your logic we don’t need to lock him down.

Confidence is riding very high if people think our spine is set. Only takes a couple of losses for players to come under pressure, particularly Luai who doesn’t have a lot of experience. Edwards is also a big confidence player, if he losses it he’ll have to be dropped.

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards isn’t good enough to hold out a better talent. He will lose the position before long. I don’t even think Luai has 6 locked down either.

And Martin isn’t even a starter if Capewell is fit. So by your logic we don’t need to lock him down.

Hard to say with Edwards because he is always injured but he has been re-signed as the starting FB. So if Burton is your client why would you advise to re-sign for 2022 when as it stands now he is just depth.

He is part of the 17. Whether you start Capewell or not. I asked this question but if him or Burns goes down then who is next up?

Especially with Jed going leaves a wider gap in depth

Black Diamond

Juniors
Hard to say with Edwards because he is always injured but he has been re-signed as the starting FB. So if Burton is your client why would you advise to re-sign for 2022 when as it stands now he is just depth.

He is part of the 17. Whether you start Capewell or not. I asked this question but if him or Burns goes down then who is next up?

Wheres Jed going?

How was he re-signed as the starting fullback? You don’t get a guarantee of position when you sign. Edwards would rank somewhere around the 8th-10th best fullback in the comp, he’s good but he’s not that good. His early signing indicates we probably didn’t pay huge dollars for him either.

Letting Burton go because Edwards is our starting FB would rank as one of the most monumental stuff ups in retention history. I could understand if we had deadset stars at 1 & 6, but we don’t.

Re back rowers. We lose Martin and we go to the market. There’s heaps of second rowers and locks. We also have Hetherington & Leniu who can also play backrow & prop. It’s the easiest position in the comp to fill.

Last edited: