What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Wb1234

Immortal
Well you shouldnt have started your guess with 'By then" should you?
What you meant to say was 'the following year I am guessing the salary cap will be.....'
When I said playing in the World Cup will put them in shop window of nrl clubs what do you think that meant

isn’t English supposed to be you’re native tongue

Perth Red

Post Whore
When I said playing in the World Cup will put them in shop window of nrl clubs what do you think that meant

isn’t English supposed to be you’re native tongue
'by then', literally means by then ie when the WC is on.

But either way yeh Im sure NRL clubs will be falling over themselves to sign some union nufty from Georgia in 2028 lol

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The only good thing about the RUWC coming to Australia is it'll bring lots of Poms into the country who will spend lots of money. If we can get them to frequent the Leagues Clubs and spend a fortune on the pokies and grog then it'll be a win for rugby league.
The last time the RUWC was here, the biggest beneficiary was hookers selling perverted fetishes.

I remember the SMH/Fairfax article where they interviewed hookers.

The leagues clubs didn't get a lot of business that's for sure.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
By then the salary cap will be 15 to 20 million

the post World Cup will be a feeding frenzy for cashed up nrl clubs

the World Cup on their door step will be a good audition for nrl clubs to see what’s available
I'm not sure that's what they want.

I've said this for 20 years, the worst thing than happened to RU is this country was the 2003 world cup.

Super league still ran sore, and people were giving everything a go.

People legitimately gave RU as fair go, and they billed themselves as "the best the Rugby World has to offer".

They did serve their best, but we all saw how pedestrian and unskilled they were.

It was the best they could field around the entire world was "Wolfman" Williams and Luke Burt

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Well you shouldnt have started your guess with 'By then" should you?
What you meant to say was 'the following year I am guessing the salary cap will be.....'
No it was pretty intuitive.

No NRL team is watching a world cup in october 2027, to sign earlier than 2028

Dark Corner

Juniors
The last time the RUWC was here, the biggest beneficiary was hookers selling perverted fetishes.

I remember the SMH/Fairfax article where they interviewed hookers.

The leagues clubs didn't get a lot of business that's for sure.
And they used the same article for the Lions tour in 2013.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'm not sure that's what they want.

I've said this for 20 years, the worst thing than happened to RU is this country was the 2003 world cup.

Super league still ran sore, and people were giving everything a go.

People legitimately gave RU as fair go, and they billed themselves as "the best the Rugby World has to offer".

They did serve their best, but we all saw how pedestrian and unskilled they were.

It was the best they could field around the entire world was "Wolfman" Williams and Luke Burt
Wolfman and Burt would have walked into the Wannabees side

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Nope, not me. The idea that the AFL could take over Canberra in five years is fanciful under any circumstances, but the brief history and numbers the author provided are still broadly reflective of the situation in Canberra despite being dated. Sorry that reality isn't what you wish it to be, but it is what it is.

If you wish to remain wilfully ignorant that's your business, but please refrain from lying about the reality of the situation to others. It makes it very difficult for those of us that are actually from Canberra and do actually care about the sport in the region to build support for investment into the sport and infrastructure here.
Oh yea this again. I forgot to comment on your "tourist" claim from your previous post. If you had actually read my post, it clearly says I spent most my life in Canberra. Born and bred actually mate. Lived there for the first 32 years of my life. Most of it on the southside but a big part of my 20s in the city. If you weren't such an aggressive sperg we could maybe have a conversation as to how our experiences have lead us to a different outlook on Canberras sporting scene.