What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Wb1234

Referee
He still is lol. He got to play some international sport and make a good bit of cash doing so. I doubt he’s losing any sleep over that decision.
He played international sport before he went to union

and he has been kind of ostracised at kangaroo reunions

Matua

Bench
He played international sport before he went to union

and he has been kind of ostracised at kangaroo reunions
Have Mat Rogers, Lote Tuquiri, Timana Tahu, Karmichael Hunt, Brad Thorn, Andrew Walker, Craig Wing, Mark Gasnier and Craig Gower also been ostracised?

If he's being ostracised then then the ex Kangaroos at those reunions are dickheads.

Diesel

Referee
On a Thursday night, most people are home, with no other competition. They won’t release Stan numbers but I wouldn’t think they’re anymore than 1/2 FTA

taste2taste

Juniors
When exactly is this 'raid' on the nrl going to happen ? Apparently the ARU are selling themselves off to private equity ? Is that where the money is coming from ?

I read today that the Waratahs are over the moon because they beat the Roosters and Bulldogs in signing a school boy...but to compete with the NRL they had to get financial help from the ARU! Doesn't say much for the Tah's finances, to sign a school kid they need the ARU to chip in :D

Wb1234

Referee
When exactly is this 'raid' on the nrl going to happen ? Apparently the ARU are selling themselves off to private equity ? Is that where the money is coming from ?

I read today that the Waratahs are over the moon because they beat the Roosters and Bulldogs in signing a school boy...but to compete with the NRL they had to get financial help from the ARU! Doesn't say much for the Tah's finances, to sign a school kid they need the ARU to chip in :D
Plus he was already under contract to them this was to keep him lol

taste2taste

Juniors

Looks like Haas is the latest 'target'...ontop of Burton, Mitchell, Murray, Koala, Turbo, Cleary....anyone I missed ?

I love the self entitlement and ego of the ARU chairman, " spread your wings " " see the world" " do something truly special " ...all the normal rugby BS. He forgets to mention play Super Rugby in front 4 thousand people and a TV audience smaller than MASH reruns :D

docbrown

Coach
There’s f**k all talent in Union. Luke Brooks could sign and be their best half.
Union bosses: "Hey, rugby players. We know you suffered and sacrificed a lot during Covid but good news. You know those big payrises you wanted? They're going to a bunch of NRL players! So yay!"