What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Brutus

Referee
Apparently if you played a few games of Rara as a junior or got a sport scholarship to a GPS school for years 11 and 12 you've been developed by Rugby :D :D just look at how they are trying to claim Suaalii is a product of Rugby and stolen by League:D
They love to claim Wally Lewis as a union junior as well. What a joke.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
If this is true why do we poach a lot of their young and upcoming talent? I literally could name 20 players off the top of my head that were rugby juniors.
Do it then 😂

There is no junior system in union. They scab ours because a bunch of old wanker toffs keep our game banned from the best schools.

Dark Corner

Juniors

Looks like Haas is the latest 'target'...ontop of Burton, Mitchell, Murray, Koala, Turbo, Cleary....anyone I missed ?

I love the self entitlement and ego of the ARU chairman, " spread your wings " " see the world" " do something truly special " ...all the normal rugby BS. He forgets to mention play Super Rugby in front 4 thousand people and a TV audience smaller than MASH reruns :D
I love the ARU Chairmans hair dye ...I wonder where he gets it from as just asking for a friend.

Wb1234

Referee
The aru should assemble a team full of nrl players to play for the wallabies

it might cost them 30 million pa but it would get people watching again

with little union experience they would walk the union World Cup

heck our dregs (aka the wallabies) manage to do well in union as it it

Nealo 12

First Grade
If this is true why do we poach a lot of their young and upcoming talent? I literally could name 20 players off the top of my head that were rugby juniors.
What to play reserve grade forever somewhere somehow

taste2taste

Juniors
Are you having trouble naming 20 Union jnrs that league poached ?
I'll help you out
1 Angus Crichton
2 Nelson Asofa Solomona
3.....that's.the lot. Apparently Haas played a few games in Newcastle as a kid, so i guess Union can claim him too :D

morton's beanie

Juniors
Young talent is nothing without good development, we do that better than Union. No sense in letting it go to waste.

Literally name 20 players then don't just brag about your talents and not deliver.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

Anyone got a summary how they are going to stop the oxygen thieves
If it`s the same as the article I read it is mostly V`landy`s saying that if the only way union can get a headline is by talking about stealing League players then he is not even going to be bothered responding.
V`landy`s on mclennan:
“His sport isn’t doing very well so he tries to use our sport to publicise them.
“If rugby union isn’t good enough to gain its own publicity, don’t use rugby league.
“He is using our product because rugby union can’t generate their own news.
“Maybe if their game was more interesting, they would have some publicity.”