What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
Looks like the Wallabies need more NRL players.

Nz smashed Argentina....but..but it's only the RLWC that has blow outs :D :D

The Wallabies have a dream draw for the WC, the hardest games they'll play before the Semis will be Wales and Japan. The first hard game will be the semi final...if the wallabies aren't one of the final 4 teams, it'll be a disaster.

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
Looks like the Wallabies need more NRL players.

Nz smashed Argentina....but..but it's only the RLWC that has blow outs :D :D

The Wallabies have a dream draw for the WC, the hardest games they'll play before the Semis will be Wales and Japan. The first hard game will be the semi final...if the wallabies aren't one of the final 4 teams, it'll be a disaster.
The Captain, Horwill, stated ‘A week is a long time in football. It’s not like it can’t be fixed. There are easy fixes. There are small things in terms of playing at the right end of the field,” said an upbeat Horwill on Stan Sport.’
So an easy fix is being in the other teams half? That’s the hard bit. They spent 47 seconds in the Boks 22.

Canard

Immortal
Eddie Jones made Ricky Stuart look reasonable in his press conference afterwards. What a whiny little prick.

And can someone who understands the game (@Te Kaha?) explain to me why Vuni got binned? He just stuck his leg out, didn't make contact with anyone? (Or did I miss something?)

taste2taste

Juniors
The games are so different these days, surely Vunis and RTS struggles will make the ARU hesitant to sign any more NRL player's?

I'm certain Suaalii will be a disaster, he's scored 1 brilliant try ( on the end of a perfect Keary kick ) in his career, I'm scratching my head to see what the hype is about .

Wb1234

Immortal
The games are so different these days, surely Vunis and RTS struggles will make the ARU hesitant to sign any more NRL player's?

I'm certain Suaalii will be a disaster, he's scored 1 brilliant try ( on the end of a perfect Keary kick ) in his career, I'm scratching my head to see what the hype is about .
Nrl stars used to walk into the wallabies

Folau was their player of the year for ages

it’s more for marketing anyway

it worked for their last World Cup and they are hoping it’ll work again bc if they had to rely on their own hype it will be a disaster

taste2taste

Juniors
Nrl stars used to walk into the wallabies

Folau was their player of the year for ages

it’s more for marketing anyway

it worked for their last World Cup and they are hoping it’ll work again bc if they had to rely on their own hype it will be a disaster
True about Izzy, and more recently korabete has won the John Eales player of the year nearly every year....and Radradra is still killing it in Europe

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The rah rahs are going to need very deep pockets
2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Shame about that warchest.

Vibing

Juniors
ed better get on the phone to nick

we need our 1.6 mill pa ..... winger ... now
he'll beat the all blacks

taste2taste

Juniors
I remember the good old days where John O’Neill predicted union would overtake the nrl and Peter fiztstupid said the rebels would overtake the storm
I remember during the 2015 RWC Fitzy wrote a nauseating article how rugby was BOOMING world wide !! especially in Germany and the USA. He predicted with thier population, investment from world rugby and thier new found love for 'the world game ' Germany and USA would be real powerhouses within a decade .

... well, it's nearly a decade later and neither Germany or USA are 'power houses ' ...the USA were beaten by rugby mad Chile to miss qualifying for this year's world cup :D

Wb1234

Immortal
I remember during the 2015 RWC Fitzy wrote a nauseating article how rugby was BOOMING world wide !! especially in Germany and the USA. He predicted with thier population, investment from world rugby and thier new found love for 'the world game ' Germany and USA would be real powerhouses within a decade .

... well, it's nearly a decade later and neither Germany or USA are 'power houses ' ...the USA were beaten by rugby mad Chile to miss qualifying for this year's world cup :D
Shame the poms killed off the Wolfpack their crowds dwarfed mlr crowds

taste2taste

Juniors
Shame the poms killed off the Wolfpack their crowds dwarfed mlr crowds
Don't get me started on this topic !!

This shows what happens when clubs run the competition, they kill off any threats.

2nd biggest missed opportunity in leagues history. ( #1 being the Southern Union not agreeing to the rule changes )

Wb1234

Immortal
Don't get me started on this topic !!

This shows what happens when clubs run the competition, they kill off any threats.

2nd biggest missed opportunity in leagues history. ( #1 being the Southern Union not agreeing to the rule changes )
Vichy France has to be up there too

or rfu allowing nz and wales to have broken time payments after the nu broke away

What’s the bit about southern unions not agreeing to rule changes ?

English rl is a joke. You’ve got an Aussie pouring in millions of pounds to prove rugby league works in Toronto and they do their best to kill it off