What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Rugby has always wanted Crichton back, he is one of the few that Rugby can genuinely claim as a junior they produced. I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens.

Although he played for Australia in last year's World Cup, it doesn't look like he is on Mal's or Freddy's radar...heck, even Wong is keeping him out of the Roosters starting side.

He'd walk straight into the Wallabies centres. He's been a great player and can now enjoy an early retirement making 5 tackles a game and travelling the world.

ROFLMAO. "I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens." Wanna bet? His initial junior rugby league club was the Young Cherrypickers in Group 9. He only started playing union when he started attending Scotts College. 2014 he was in the lower grades at the Roosters. He signed with the Rabbitohs on 31 October 2014 on a 2 year deal.

Rugby has always wanted Crichton back, he is one of the few that Rugby can genuinely claim as a junior they produced. I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens.

Although he played for Australia in last year's World Cup, it doesn't look like he is on Mal's or Freddy's radar...heck, even Wong is keeping him out of the Roosters starting side.

He'd walk straight into the Wallabies centres. He's been a great player and can now enjoy an early retirement making 5 tackles a game and travelling the world.

Crichton was out for a fair while due to his mental health issues. Then he was back for about 4 weeks or so before he got inju5red again. It was that injury which saw Wong elevated into the squad. Crichton only returned from injury (iirc) in Round 26.

Wb1234

Immortal

Sounds like the roosters are happy to let him go

doubt he would’ve lasted until the next union World Cup in league

taste2taste

Juniors
ROFLMAO. "I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens." Wanna bet? His initial junior rugby league club was the Young Cherrypickers in Group 9. He only started playing union when he started attending Scotts College. 2014 he was in the lower grades at the Roosters. He signed with the Rabbitohs on 31 October 2014 on a 2 year deal.
ROFLMAO Angus Crichton himself says he played his junior footy for the Young Yabbies Rugby Union Club and then went to rugby high school Scots College. But yeah, Wiki would know better ROGLMAO

ROFLMAO Angus Crichton himself says he played his junior footy for the Young Yabbies Rugby Union Club and then went to rugby high school Scots College. But yeah, Wiki would know better ROGLMAO

Wasn’t there a story back in the day about Souths poaching him from the Roosters SG Ball team or something along those lines, another chapter in the book of feuds and all that? He’s quite the mystery man.

Wb1234

Immortal

Pneuma

First Grade

The claim by rah rahs is that he is a rugby man who turned to league at a later age. It’s pretty obvious he played both. That’s the bit they don’t like. I couldn’t care less either way,

bazza

Immortal
The claim by rah rahs is that he is a rugby man who turned to league at a later age. It’s pretty obvious he played both. That’s the bit they don’t like. I couldn’t care less either way,
Whether you are classified as a league or union man obviously only depends on which code you played at high school in year 12

I'll take this as more official than an article on Yahoo -

1694397052317.png

yobbo84

Coach
Wasn’t there a story back in the day about Souths poaching him from the Roosters SG Ball team or something along those lines, another chapter in the book of feuds and all that? He’s quite the mystery man.
I love the shithousery that goes on between our two clubs in that regard. You poach Nat Butcher, we poach Angus Crichton. You poach Angus Chricton back. You poach Suaalii, we poach Tallis Duncan.

I'm sure there's a dedicated staff member at each club whose role it is to stalk the other side lol

I love the shithousery that goes on between our two clubs in that regard. You poach Nat Butcher, we poach Angus Crichton. You poach Angus Chricton back. You poach Suaalii, we poach Tallis Duncan.

I'm sure there's a dedicated staff member at each club whose role it is to stalk the other side lol
You’ve kinda written the job description for the clubs when they’re looking to recruit for that role. In fact I’d leave the first para alone as the intro.

Wb1234

Immortal

Latrell

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must be a hard decision for NRL players: have to play a genuinely shthouse version of rugby but get paid more and get to go to the olympics and bed a Scandinavian pole vaulter. Tough one