What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Wb1234

Immortal

West is best​

The Panthers are the benchmark in the NRL. So, it’s little wonder rival codes want to learn from them. Wallabies coach Eddie Jones toured their facilities recently, and Super Rugby’s Chiefs sent attack coach Roger Randle to spend time with coach Ivan Cleary and his team. It’s a credit to everything the club stands for that teams are trying to be like them.

Saxon

Bench

West is best​

The Panthers are the benchmark in the NRL. So, it’s little wonder rival codes want to learn from them. Wallabies coach Eddie Jones toured their facilities recently...[/URL]
Lot of good it did him.

bazza

Immortal
The NRL should be targeting rugby by getting RL into universities and the GPS schools.
most universities have a rugby league team - either in competition against other unis or in the local a-grade competition

Private schools are another matter - I believe that there has been some success in Brisbane on running rugby league competitions and in Sydney some private schools around the third tier (ISA)

T-Boon

Coach
The NR
most universities have a rugby league team - either in competition against other unis or in the local a-grade competition

Private schools are another matter - I believe that there has been some success in Brisbane on running rugby league competitions and in Sydney some private schools around the third tier (ISA)
The NRL should aim to build the uni comp up big time.

Someguy

First Grade
Crichton was one hell of a player. Key word is ‘was’ move to Rugby or England is probably the best thing that could happen to him as he has faded into obscurity in the NRL

taste2taste

Juniors
Are they really that hard up for players that they need to poach forwards?

I mean, Crichton can play... but this is hardly worrying news to be reading, lol. Incredibly replaceable, no-one will notice he left. Is this what we're supposed to be afraid of?
Rugby has always wanted Crichton back, he is one of the few that Rugby can genuinely claim as a junior they produced. I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens.

Although he played for Australia in last year's World Cup, it doesn't look like he is on Mal's or Freddy's radar...heck, even Wong is keeping him out of the Roosters starting side.

He'd walk straight into the Wallabies centres. He's been a great player and can now enjoy an early retirement making 5 tackles a game and travelling the world.

Rugby has always wanted Crichton back, he is one of the few that Rugby can genuinely claim as a junior they produced. I don't believe Angus had played league until he was signed by the Rabbits in his late teens.

Although he played for Australia in last year's World Cup, it doesn't look like he is on Mal's or Freddy's radar...heck, even Wong is keeping him out of the Roosters starting side.

He'd walk straight into the Wallabies centres. He's been a great player and can now enjoy an early retirement making 5 tackles a game and travelling the world.
1694319216417.png

Latest posts