What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Valheru

Coach
Assuming Suaalli stays next season does Toupu go to NSW cup ?

I can't see him staying in the NRL, you'd have to be certified insane to turn your back on 1.6m.
By next season do you mean 2024? The 1.6m in rugby doesn't start to 2025. I previously was at the forefront of calling for sualli to be released early but that looks very unlikely now with momo, Paulo and Allen all leaving.

To answer your question no idea... sualli can't play centre, that was a proven disaster so yeah 3 does not go on to 2 with toops, young and sualli. The original plan before he signed for rugby was toops to be let go but they gave him a 1 year deal. If sualli was to reneg we might be looking at a toops retirement given the club has been very quiet on his injury but that is pure conjecture from me.

Valheru

Coach
Not with that guaranteed bag and no expectations. He can f**k around all he wants, nobody cares about RU in this country.
I think it's the absolute worst decision for his career. I get the money aspect but who knows how he comes back from rugby and what the NRL will look like in 2028

taste2taste

Juniors
I think it's the absolute worst decision for his career. I get the money aspect but who knows how he comes back from rugby and what the NRL will look like in 2028
Thats not a bad piont, The NRL cap will be somewhere around 20m in 2030, if Suaallii goes to Rugby and disappears on a loosing team he won't get much interest from NRL or European rugby when he comes off contract in 2027, if he stays and takes less now over the long run he could end up better off. Even so, I think there's Buckley's he'll stay in the nrl.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If that makes you feel better. He is 20 years old and if you can't see his potential then I can't help you.

Yeah centre was a disaster and not for him but wing until his mid 20s and then FB is the obvious progression.
I feel fantastic we have 5 or 6 better in our system alone

Lmao Yeh I rate Sam Walker even more

is fittlers kid a 6? Whose your halves in lower grades to look out for

We've had some good players in SG Ball and Jersey Flegg, but they were signed away by the Warriors (i.e. Ronald Volkman) and the Raiders. Jake Elliott (five eight) and Cassius Tia (half) lead the Jersey Flegg team to a GF loss against the bulldogs last weekend.

Toby Rodwell is the half in the Harold Matthews squad who's regarded highly.

Zach Fittler, Brad's son, was in the Harold Matthews squad this year too. He plays in the forwards, either at lock or the second row. He and Rodwell were joint squad captains.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I see the rah rahs are talking about cutting a club again lol. How sht a professional sport are You if you can’t even sustain 5 clubs?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where did you read that

it should be two anyway
Something on Facebook about not enough talent for 5 clubs if australia wants to compete at club level lol

some interesting comparative stats in this one re jnr funding and salary caps

taste2taste

Juniors
The Roar is reporting the offer to Angus Crichton is closer to 500k per season. If he plays all games for the Wallabies he could earn about an extra 200k

So essentially RA are asking Angus to take a pay cut, move to Perth and get beaten every week in front of 5k fans.

He'd have to truly hate playing league to take that offer.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Roar is reporting the offer to Angus Crichton is closer to 500k per season. If he plays all games for the Wallabies he could earn about an extra 200k

So essentially RA are asking Angus to take a pay cut, move to Perth and get beaten every week in front of 5k fans.

He'd have to truly hate playing league to take that offer.

I’m sure there’s a twiggy top up lol that’s probably just the ARU‘s payment,

bazza

Immortal
Something on Facebook about not enough talent for 5 clubs if australia wants to compete at club level lol

They still seem to fall for the trap that a kid who plays rugby league from 6 years old then plays a few years of rugby union in high school is a "rugby union developed" player

Wb1234

Immortal

Typical union flogs re juniors
They still seem to fall for the trap that a kid who plays rugby league from 6 years old then plays a few years of rugby union in high school is a "rugby union developed" player
How’s ponga a union junior

Latest posts