What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So if Wales beat the Wallabies by 40 - 6. The incoming British Lions might put 100 on them - lol

This may not be the money spinner they think it will be 🤣🤣🤣

bazza

Immortal
Typical union flogs re juniors

How’s ponga a union junior
he seems to have followed the standard path for a junior union player who was poached by rugby league

- play rugby league as a kid (with a few games of union here and there)
- get signed by an NRL club
- get scholarship at private school where you are forced to play union for a few years (keep playing rugby league when you are allowed)
- get "poached" by NRL club when you finish high school and don't have to play union anymore

bazza

Immortal
So if Wales beat the Wallabies by 40 - 6. The incoming British Lions might put 100 on them - lol

This may not be the money spinner they think it will be 🤣🤣🤣
I am sure that the tests will get sell outs (or close) and there will be a fair few international visitors following them around. The mid-week games might struggle and their isn't likely to be the "buzz" of more competitive years

Wb1234

Immortal
I am sure that the tests will get sell outs (or close) and there will be a fair few international visitors following them around. The mid-week games might struggle and their isn't likely to be the "buzz" of more competitive years
Lots of ads for it showing up on twitter mustn’t be selling well atm

I’m sure it will be full of Brit’s anyway

bazza

Immortal

between the tourists and the regulars they will draw a crowd
if the Wallabies are uncompetitive it will knock a few potential tourists off as well as the casuals

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
A few more 80+ blow outs over night.

They've experimented with rules in Oz and Nz to open up the game and make it running rugby, the problem is it then basically becomes rugby league with unlimited tackles and you get scores of 70 - 50.

The Southern Hemisphere teams love the set pieces, a scum is the stuff of dreams.
Aus, NZ and the Pacific are rapidly embraced the running Rugby they desire by watching RL in greater and greater numbers

If the ads are popping up on your twitter, that means one of two things:

1. you love RU and engage often in social media singing the sport’s praises; or
2. RA have not set an effective marketing campaign to target the right audience.

Fortunately I have seen enough on this forum to be further satisfied #2 is the most likely reason 😂

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Isnt Italy supposed to be a decent Union team? Geez 96 points, what if the All Blacks played someone like Uruguay or Namibia.

taste2taste

Juniors
Isnt Italy supposed to be a decent Union team? Geez 96 points, what if the All Blacks played someone like Uruguay or Namibia.
World Rugby has pumped millions into Italy to try and get them up to scratch, the problem is out side of a few universities nobody cares, as evident when the national team play in small stadiums that are half empty.

taste2taste

Juniors
RLWC ave group stage margin 42 points
RUWC ave group stage margin 33 points so far

I mean, it is slightly tighter but not to the extent that justifies the criticism of our WC and absolves them of exactly the same criticism.
As mentioned a few pages back, if the ball was only in play for 30 minutes ( as it is for the RUWC ) in the RLWC all games would be close, tier 2 countries can hang on and be competitive for 30 minutes against tier 1.

Union fans ruthlessly troll the league WC, I can only assume they are threatened ? They realise that if in the next couple of decades International League can get its sh#t together people will start to realise it's a far superior spectator sport ?...I mean why else would they spend all thier free time trolling league :D

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
As mentioned a few pages back, if the ball was only in play for 30 minutes ( as it is for the RUWC ) in the RLWC all games would be close, tier 2 countries can hang on and be competitive for 30 minutes against tier 1.

Union fans ruthlessly troll the league WC, I can only assume they are threatened ? They realise that if in the next couple of decades International League can get its sh#t together people will start to realise it's a far superior spectator sport ?...I mean why else would they spend all thier free time trolling league :D
I usually point that out to them in comment sections. If our world cup is so shit and so irrelevant than what are they doing even commenting. They know that if we stop holding ourselves back we can make a semi decent international scene pretty quickly

Wb1234

Immortal
World Rugby has pumped millions into Italy to try and get them up to scratch, the problem is out side of a few universities nobody cares, as evident when the national team play in small stadiums that are half empty.
Those clubs were originally rugby league clubs

rugby league left them to rot so they jumped over to the vichies

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is why we should stick with a 16 team world cup with 2 decent teams in each pool, accept the blow outs as part of growing the sport and ignore union trolls that want to shit on our world cup because of those blow outs
I’d suggest the reduction in our WC is to save money, not to save face.

Latest posts