What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Iamback

Coach
Luai goes off in the grand final and they win the geme

lmao

Freddy was coach of a winning game 3 side minus panthers

So all the possession in that heat, did nothing to tire out the Broncs?

Except the last 2 Origin series wins have had a stack of Panthers

Gobsmacked

Bench
who cares? They’d be cap exempt and would genuinely be funny to see how many wallabies we could get playing nsw cup
Rugby league has been getting raided by Union as long as I can remember and we did nothing but this time they openly taunted us..
It's time to send a message.

Most of the chat is about the Wallabies but this will give us the opportunity to put the boot into Super Rugby now too. When the Best players from the Highlanders, Chiefs , Crusaders ect start signing with the Roosters, Broncos ect... it transfers the quality of competitions further..
More people watching NRL
Less watching Super Rugby
Bigger deal for the NRL with Sky- more money- Bigger cap- better players...

This is how it's done.

Canard

Immortal
Paying top dollar for some mid talent Rugby players would be the shittest idea in RL history, and create a real division with existing League players.

So I fully expect V'landys and Abdo to do it

Gobsmacked

Bench
Paying top dollar for some mid talent Rugby players would be the shittest idea in RL history, and create a real division with existing League players.

So I fully expect V'landys and Abdo to do it
There's zero NRL players that feel threatened by Union players.

You seem triggered Union boy.

nick87

Coach
I’m down for any and all petty bullshit from the nrl on this
The sooner union is put out of its f**king misery the better
Like the NRL should schedule an all star invitational with like 250k prize money for each player on the winning team for the same night as the RUWC and then just crush them in attention and ratings in Australia for the final

Australia will be long gone and I’m sure most aussies would rather watch a high stakes all star game of NRL than the all blacks and SA RUWC final

Canard

Immortal
There's zero NRL players that feel threatened by Union players.

You seem triggered Union boy.
Gobby, learn to read you illiterate dickhead.

Why would a far more talented League player be happy with some gummy from Union, that looks like Sideshow Bob, getting 30% more then he was.

We shouldn't be filling some private school toffs bank accounts at the expense of actual talented players.

Surely you agree with that you spankbank.

Canard

Immortal
I’m down for any and all petty bullshit from the nrl on this
The sooner union is put out of its f**king misery the better
Like the NRL should schedule an all star invitational with like 250k prize money for each player on the winning team for the same night as the RUWC and then just crush them in attention and ratings in Australia for the final

Australia will be long gone and I’m sure most aussies would rather watch a high stakes all star game of NRL than the all blacks and SA RUWC final
How many Union players does league truly want though? The talent pool is shallower then @Gobsmacked dick length. It's been rock bottom for about 2 decades anyway.

And it wouldn't work anyway, as long as there is Union in the world there will be Union in Australia.

How about this for a suggestion? They are killing themselves anyway, just leave them to it for free.

Wb1234

Immortal
Rugby league has been getting raided by Union as long as I can remember and we did nothing but this time they openly taunted us..
It's time to send a message.

Most of the chat is about the Wallabies but this will give us the opportunity to put the boot into Super Rugby now too. When the Best players from the Highlanders, Chiefs , Crusaders ect start signing with the Roosters, Broncos ect... it transfers the quality of competitions further..
More people watching NRL
Less watching Super Rugby
Bigger deal for the NRL with Sky- more money- Bigger cap- better players...

This is how it's done.
To be fair rugby union was basically a feeder comp for rugby league for almost 100 years

professionalism in rugby union temporarily reversed the natural order of the universe

but with a rising nrl salary cap coupled with a decline in wages in many union nations them being a feeder comp will resume, with or without cap exemptions

Gobsmacked

Bench
Gobby, learn to read you illiterate dickhead.

Why would a far more talented League player be happy with some gummy from Union, that looks like Sideshow Bob, getting 30% more then he was.

We shouldn't be filling some private school toffs bank accounts at the expense of actual talented players.

Surely you agree with that you spankbank.
Wow triggered indeed lol