What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
A trailer and gameplay are always two different things so we will have to wait and see I guess.

It looks like Asotasi and Luke are hooking up :lol::lol:

Do we get bonus stages where you can hit the Cross with Carney?

MattYg1

Bench
I think it shows some promise no doubt...

As far as development is concerned I dont believe any developer in their right mind would make such massive leaps and bounds in cosmetic design elements if the gameplay wasnt at least a slight improvement on the previous title.

Why waste resources when you know where the real issue lays.

Having said that if Big Ant have infact simply sexed up the graphics and presentation and made no improvement on the gameplay side of it then they clearly miss the point and might want to put their hand up to work on non interactive forms of media.

I would be happy if this game comes out and is worthy of a 7/10... to me that would be a marked improvement to RLL1 and a sign that they are working within themselves to improve things as they go.

Sports titles if successful work on a yearly structure and you dont really complain about that as a consumer until it reaches the level of FIFA, 2k etc because well eventually the developers reach their peak and yearly releases are now full retail priced titles with minor improvements and new rosters from the previous years title.

I think Big Ant and Tru Blu have a chance here to release a good (not great at this stage) rugby league game and at least shows that they have an idea of where they are headed for future releases.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The thing that annoys me is the running, it still has that skating look to it. It looks fine when the players run straight, but during the video you can see how they skate left and right.

I dont mind if the skating is not fixed, as long as the rest of the game is enjoyable - ie JLR. That game moved like an ice hockey arcade game, yet the gameplay was fun and the game was awesome.

MattYg1

Bench
Wow, I like the look of it! Tough crowd in here...

I'd say that the franchise whether in the hands of Sidhe or Big Ant deserves a tough crowd given its history.

The developers have a lot of to prove and while graphically and presentation wise they seem to be ticking all the boxes its still has the potential to fall on its face.

Im an optimist and will always be excited and hope for the best with any new League title but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and all the puddings served up so far have been fairly disappointing.

Ausguy

Coach
Those referring to the "skating" effect should have a closer look at the running part involving Ben barba against the roosters. It about the only video in the trailer that is running at normal speed.

Nearly all the triler is in slow mo or super slow mo

Go back and look at the players outside barba hitting the gaps.

Rest easy guys