What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The more I see the trailer the less impressed I am. The skating is ridiculous. Just look at how players change direction, they run forward but skate either left or right.

The graphics are good, I'll admit that.

beave

Coach
I want to see the proper in game footage and not the cut scenes/highlight packages.

The first incarnation of this game was f**king atrocious but I am not going to bag out this one til I get to see it first hand. I took the first one back after a day, that's how f**king ropeable with it I was, I am normally pretty forgiving, especially when it comes to footy games, but that was a steaming pile of horse shit.

Someone

Bench
I want to see the proper in game footage and not the cut scenes/highlight packages.

The first incarnation of this game was f**king atrocious but I am not going to bag out this one til I get to see it first hand. I took the first one back after a day, that's how f**king ropeable with it I was, I am normally pretty forgiving, especially when it comes to footy games, but that was a steaming pile of horse shit.

you arent far off the mark.

Ausguy

Coach
you need to disregard any of the motion that is slowed down... it gives the feeling of skating... watch the normal speed bits they are ok, wait till more info comes before bagging it

i too took the first one back.... dont think il be taking this back

Its only one of those mini balls you get in the vending machines...meh...gimme a free t shirt or something. Sick of getting stupid mini balls all the time lol.

Micistm

Bench
Was watching a game review show a couple of days ago that was reviewing it, compared it the PS1 Jonah Lomu. That game hasn't been bettered IMO for a Rugby game, so high praise.
I want this new League game to be good, but I'm not getting the hopes up. I certainly won't pay a new release price (unless it is absolutely outstanding). Might be a hire to have a look though.

Rugby challenge is pretty much Rugby League 2 with a Rugby Skin and millions of offloads as far as the gameplay is concerned.

I have no doubt Rugby League Live 2 will be far better.

Rugby challenge was alright if you turned the offloads to 0 but that process was a pain in the arse and even with a crap team you can smash the all blacks on the hardest difficulty so it was no challenge and very boring.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't play a lot of sports games but I always found that the ones I did play I could master quite easily and be practically unstoppable within a few hours.

Is that the same with all sports games? Or have developers found a way to keep the games challenging?

Geohood

Bench
I don't play a lot of sports games but I always found that the ones I did play I could master quite easily and be practically unstoppable within a few hours.

Is that the same with all sports games? Or have developers found a way to keep the games challenging?

Pretty lame but you asked for it..

24774051.jpg

BLKOUT!

Juniors
You are not playing the right sports games. There's no way you go from new to unstoppable in a few hours playing FIFA, NBA 2K and the like.