What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Big Pete

Referee
Until I actually see a proper gameplay footage I'll hold my thoughts.

With that said, it's been a good 2 years since I last bought a League game. It's time for an upgrade.

Those referring to the "skating" effect should have a closer look at the running part involving Ben barba against the roosters. It about the only video in the trailer that is running at normal speed.

Nearly all the triler is in slow mo or super slow mo

Go back and look at the players outside barba hitting the gaps.

Rest easy guys

The biggest problem I have is at about the 13 second mark you will see Mitchell Aubusson (I assume) slide across directly to his right to make a tackle. It also kind of looks like the Barba animation is draw in to the defenders, suddenly as Aubusson (I assume) is sliding Barba slides a little as well. The running of the Roosters & Souths on to the field seems to be real time and looks very fluid.

RLL trailer looked like it was a PSX game, that was instant fail. This is a massive improvement and even if it falls short of the other sports games we'll see if it is at least on par with Rugby Challenge I can handle that at the very least.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'm not going to get excited about this game until i see some gameplay or hear thoughts from people who have played it. have played every league game made and the last few incarnations have been pretty bad given games like arl 96 actually played well for its era

i'm actually on the side of cynicism - i expect it to be garbage and will be pleasantly surprised if it isnt

Utey

Coach
Fair call guys, I didn't consider purchasing any of the previous games since they all looked inferior to ARL 96 and that says something.

MattYg1

Bench
The biggest problem I have is at about the 13 second mark you will see Mitchell Aubusson (I assume) slide across directly to his right to make a tackle. It also kind of looks like the Barba animation is draw in to the defenders, suddenly as Aubusson (I assume) is sliding Barba slides a little as well. The running of the Roosters & Souths on to the field seems to be real time and looks very fluid.

RLL trailer looked like it was a PSX game, that was instant fail. This is a massive improvement and even if it falls short of the other sports games we'll see if it is at least on par with Rugby Challenge I can handle that at the very least.

Yeah I see it... almost like the tackle button was pressed and the coding took over...

Still i think it could have looked worse and at regular playing angles it wont be all that noticable.

Ausguy

Coach
Exactly Matt

I will be playing this from up high behind the attacking team. I'm not sure I'm going to see this kind of stuff when I'm looking for attacking opportunities anyway.

MattYg1

Bench
Exactly!!! and I think it also comes down to being able to accept some clunky and non refined animation and coding as long as the gameplay is capable.

For me it simply needs to address

- passing mechanics being broken

- ball having no physics

- players standing still

- tackle animations that made no logical sense.

- players out of position

And they really have to put an emphasis on the ruck, no more of this waiting for the defensive line to reset before the ball can be played. Thats the whole point of the game is that you dont have to wait for that and you exploit it.

I have said it before I wouldnt mind at all if this game gets a 7/10 because that would mean its at least reached a level that is hovering around the average mark and will be playable enough that future versions can only get better.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade

That's the bit I have the most issues with as well. Looks like the suction blocking in Madden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAOIClvbpyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B93-Z6s78

If it only happens in tackles and the running animations are fine I can live with it.