What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

natheel

Coach
The little inside passes look great
The grubber for Hoffman was awesome
Morris' try when tackledover the line and getting up looked awesome.

The quick passing will be good to try and get quick plays.

Looks like passing wide and the winger scoring won't cut it. Got to try inside balls and grubbers.

Game looks great

Dragon

Coach
Ok that trailer is sweet, the animations are beautiful albeit a bit stuttery but i can live with that. One day we will have the perfect league game and this looks like a massive step towards that goal

Ausguy

Coach
Very nice in HD :)

Now the very first play has me intrigued, as when i played it and having watched 90 mins of people playing it i never once saw angled lines that were that long or pronounced, those outside runners running under the ball carrier suggest the ability to edit the lines or change them on the run... there was soemthing pop up on the screen on the demo night that no one really understood, it looked like some kind of tactic option... id love a solid answer on what this is as if its tactics on the run i will be stoked!!

Parra Pride

Referee
Very nice in HD :)

Now the very first play has me intrigued, as when i played it and having watched 90 mins of people playing it i never once saw angled lines that were that long or pronounced, those outside runners running under the ball carrier suggest the ability to edit the lines or change them on the run... there was soemthing pop up on the screen on the demo night that no one really understood, it looked like some kind of tactic option... id love a solid answer on what this is as if its tactics on the run i will be stoked!!

In Rugby League 3 you could change the way your team attacked, though it was fairly simple stand deep/flat/kick chase/field goal and IIRC it was carried over to RLL1 (though I can't remember since I didn't play it much) you could also change the defence. It wouldn't surprise me if the "tactics" that is visible during the Quinn try on the trailer is related to all that.

Ausguy

Coach
hmmm i played rll1 for 20 mins... so im not sure.

i need to know though, im big on strategy lol

RLL 1 did not have anything, RLL2 does have tactics set to he dpad. So you will have plenty of options on attack with set plays and passing options changing things up within each play that forms. Plenty of depth.

Ausguy

Coach
im hopeful that i can set my players to stand a bit deeper, i did ask a question of the tru blu rep the other night and i thik he answered incorrectly.

So i asked if the nominated letters for cut out passes were always in the same order ie we were using xbox i asked if B X Y will always be in that order for a pass to player 2 3 and 4 and he said no, but im not so sure everything i have seen has been in the same order (not sure if it is b x y but its in the same sequence im sure of it)

That would be useful as you can get used to throwing a 2 man cutout followed by a 1 man etc etc

MattYg1

Bench
im hopeful that i can set my players to stand a bit deeper, i did ask a question of the tru blu rep the other night and i thik he answered incorrectly.

So i asked if the nominated letters for cut out passes were always in the same order ie we were using xbox i asked if B X Y will always be in that order for a pass to player 2 3 and 4 and he said no, but im not so sure everything i have seen has been in the same order (not sure if it is b x y but its in the same sequence im sure of it)

That would be useful as you can get used to throwing a 2 man cutout followed by a 1 man etc etc

I think the IGN Q&A mentioned that the options you have for tactical passing have to do with position on the field and tackle count...