What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

Parra Pride

Coach
Me either. I found the option of electing your two playmakers ensured you always had one of them ready for kicks on the last.

I can't remember examples of forwards hiding on the wings either. Maybe on a very rare occasion, but it happens on very rare occasions in real life too.

I swear some people just made up stuff about RLL2 based on their preconceived ideas. Although they'll obviously never admit that.

Just because you don't experience it doesn't mean it never happens. Players who aren't selected as play makers generally drop back to take kicks after your playmaker overruns the previous play, and then dawdles back into the line for the next tackle.

Someone

Bench
To scratch the surface, I would like to see...

there has to be more options on your D-pad for backline movements. i.e, left once is a decoy with a second man option forward run, 2 clicks a sweeping backline movement with key players in depth etc. players need to be programmed to be in the right position.

gameplay in general has to be an improvement. better running, better tackling animations, better AI and user defensive structures. it looks like the u12s are playing with all the holes that are there/created. I think this is fixed by compressing the defense and making passing slower and making the defense move sideways more than forward and backward.

the players in comparison to the field in RLL2 looked small. make the players in scale with the field.

have a ref on the field with appropriate animations.

intercepts has to be toned down if not removed although if it makes it easier. This will be helped by the D pad selection of backline movement as players will be running from proper depth and making sure theres a good balance between the defence moving across and forward.

fending needs to be toned down, stepping toned up a bit.

AI has to be smarter, more skilled, better at running roles and playing field position.

Goal kicking has to be completely re created and re thought. it was WAY too easy in RLL2. and not every kicker hooks the ball like that...

stamina needs to be fixed. in RLL2 forwards and backs lose stamina at the same time/pace. why have a stamina stat if it isn't going to make a difference.

actual player progress in career.

a more realistic transfer market experience. with the ability to sign players to long term deals etc.

more lively crowds and animations of crowds. if you make a line break crowd gets louder, not just after scoring tries.

Tone the kicking down, the ball shouldn't bounce 25-30 metres after travelling 40 in the air..

create an actual ruck. nearby defenders come in and assist with the tackle and it takes awhile to get up. but this has to be contrasted with quicker play the balls. in RLL2, there was no ruck yet it took forever sometimes to play the ball. wtf?

more penalties. the whistle was non existent in RLL2. by creating a ruck you create opportunities for more penalties. Offside was easy to avoid and high tackles rarely happened in RLL2. by copping bullshit penalties in the ruck it would actually make the game more realistic. going a full game without a penalty is just geniused. you have to feel like your against it every now and again.

All these things would lead to a better game.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've gone through the BETA and pulled out the features within the FanHub release for those who haven't downloaded it. The player creator tools are massive... it seems they have focused on the ability to edit pretty much everything. This points to career mode transfer system being fixed and being more flexible.

44 Stadiums listed within the demo, 10 more than Rugby League Live 2

http://wp.me/p2XWQ7-bL

Maybe this will be on PS4 and you can use the touch pad in the centre of the controller to draw paths that players will run in set plays. That would be pretty awesome actually

nöyd

Staff member
has anyone played don bradman cricket? is it any good?

best cricket game going around imo

career mode is great apart from the fact that i am in my 3rd or 4th year and the squads have not changed at all

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
So happy there's a PC version. Should be relatively easy for mods and texture packs. Great stuff.

Not sure how Tim Mannah is a 58 OVR but whatever, just happy it's on PC

HBK619

Juniors
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I respond to a couple of posts.

I work at BigAnt Studios and have been working on this FanHub that has just arrived to the public for a number of months now. We're very happy with what we have so far and have many more improvements and features to come in time.

Feedback on any major issues is definitely appreciated, also how hard/easy it is to make players is definitely appreciated as well. We've done our best at what we can when attempting to replicate players on our end with the tools provided (in terms of 'this nose doesn't go far enough' or 'this chin doesn't stick out enough', etc.), but knowing what those in the public eye are seeing adds that extra bit of input that can re-enforce something we've seen or can show us something we never saw before as well.

I'm going to hang around these parts and take all the feedback as well. So have at it.
Here's a checklist of what i want:

PC.
You got your wish.
So happy there's a PC version. Should be relatively easy for mods and texture packs. Great stuff.

Not sure how Tim Mannah is a 58 OVR but whatever, just happy it's on PC
So that's another thing to add onto my intro. Ratings are NOT final right now, we've simply put them in at varying numbers for now just so from our end while doing testing there's a variation in players. We'll finalise them properly much closer to release.

Same goes for the current default visuals. Not all are final and a lot are a long way off. But what we want is for those that are playing this to jump in and see what they can do with what is there, try creating Cooper Cronk or Greg Inglis and see how you improve on what is there. Basically, have fun!

Someone

Bench
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I respond to a couple of posts.

I work at BigAnt Studios and have been working on this FanHub that has just arrived to the public for a number of months now. We're very happy with what we have so far and have many more improvements and features to come in time.

Feedback on any major issues is definitely appreciated, also how hard/easy it is to make players is definitely appreciated as well. We've done our best at what we can when attempting to replicate players on our end with the tools provided (in terms of 'this nose doesn't go far enough' or 'this chin doesn't stick out enough', etc.), but knowing what those in the public eye are seeing adds that extra bit of input that can re-enforce something we've seen or can show us something we never saw before as well.

I'm going to hang around these parts and take all the feedback as well. So have at it.You got your wish.So that's another thing to add onto my intro. Ratings are NOT final right now, we've simply put them in at varying numbers for now just so from our end while doing testing there's a variation in players. We'll finalise them properly much closer to release.

Same goes for the current default visuals. Not all are final and a lot are a long way off. But what we want is for those that are playing this to jump in and see what they can do with what is there, try creating Cooper Cronk or Greg Inglis and see how you improve on what is there. Basically, have fun!

Providing you are who you say you are..

Just a thanks in advance for actually going to the effort to get on here and chase feedback. Makes me excited for the game and shows that you guys actually care about what the fans want.

and please consider my post from the previous page...ha.

Cheers.

He's on their forums and he's legit.

I'm glad the ratings aren't finalised, Mortimer at 80 and JWH at 64 had me puzzled, but I can always fix it myself anyway.

Glad to see it's 2015 rosters, hopefully Ferguson is registered before the squads in the game are finalised.

nöyd

Staff member
Anyone who has played Don Bradman cricket and has been to planetcricket.net knows that HBK619 is legit.

Welcome mate, any inside info you can divulge sure is welcome here.

Thank you for a PC league game - its been too long :D

HBK619

Juniors
Providing you are who you say you are..

Just a thanks in advance for actually going to the effort to get on here and chase feedback. Makes me excited for the game and shows that you guys actually care about what the fans want.

and please consider my post from the previous page...ha.

Cheers.
Everything is being noted. I must say though, it's always good when we see something that we've either already got in or are implementing as we see it all. It shows we're on the right path. I think it's safe to say that this game is going to please the fans. ;-)

That name makes me hesitant to believe its legit. :lol:
Hmm, so you say!

It's one I've had now for 8 years. I've been a poster on BigFooty since 2006 and while I realise it's basically RL's mortal enemy, I am an AFL boy at heart. Although I've been a member of the Storm (another of RL's mortal enemies it'd appear!!) for a number of years now and have been to numerous matches dating back to the days of Olympic Park. At the end of the day I'm a lover of sport and sports games was something I was ecstatic to get into.

I am definitely looking to do you guys proud with as much of a part as I can play by taking the communities input and getting it into the game. I love seeing what the community has to offer and will keep track of everything put down here, both good and bad.

He's on their forums and he's legit.

I'm glad the ratings aren't finalised, Mortimer at 80 and JWH at 64 had me puzzled, but I can always fix it myself anyway.

Glad to see it's 2015 rosters, hopefully Ferguson is registered before the squads in the game are finalised.
We're under strict conditions to keep things as up to date as possible. But remember, if they aren't there upon release, you have the FanHub there to create them at your own will.

So PS3, PS4, PC and Xbox 360 only or is there an Xbox One version?
More info on platforms will be released very soon.

Anyone who has played Don Bradman cricket and has been to planetcricket.net knows that HBK619 is legit.

Welcome mate, any inside info you can divulge sure is welcome here.

Thank you for a PC league game - its been too long :D
I knew Ric Flair would be my buddy!

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
HBK619

Seeing as Don Bradmans main mode was the my career mode and obviously it was a huge success is there a chance it may feature in the new RLL# game? obviously your main focus would be tweaking and improving the career mode you have already but adding the option to play as a player instead of coach would be awesome even if it is essentially the same as don bradman.

would be cool to say start off as a 17 year old (like DB) then choose where you want to start (Australia Under 20's or England - Championship league) obviously choose which position (2 positions to choose maybe?) and work your way up and through the ranks making your way over to NRL or Super League

natheel

Coach
I wonder if adding the Auckland nines tournament would be a good idea?

Someone asked that on a group that Ross is in. Ross promptly replied saying all modes will be released soon but p.s you will be happy ;)

Hopefully nines is confirmed. That would be fun

HBK619

Juniors
HBK619

Seeing as Don Bradmans main mode was the my career mode and obviously it was a huge success is there a chance it may feature in the new RLL# game? obviously your main focus would be tweaking and improving the career mode you have already but adding the option to play as a player instead of coach would be awesome even if it is essentially the same as don bradman.

would be cool to say start off as a 17 year old (like DB) then choose where you want to start (Australia Under 20's or England - Championship league) obviously choose which position (2 positions to choose maybe?) and work your way up and through the ranks making your way over to NRL or Super League
I can't quite talk yet about what is and isn't in our various modes right now. But as goes the comments of Ross, I think people will be happy with what we've got.

We've taken what we had in RLL2 and DBC14 and have looked to expand on it as much as possible. We've also kept a keen eye on what others games have been doing with regards to their career modes as well.

I think we'll have something that rivals the best out there.