What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

natheel

Coach
I can't quite talk yet about what is and isn't in our various modes right now. But as goes the comments of Ross, I think people will be happy with what we've got.

We've taken what we had in RLL2 and DBC14 and have looked to expand on it as much as possible. We've also kept a keen eye on what others games have been doing with regards to their career modes as well.

I think we'll have something that rivals the best out there.

awesome stuff. Looking forward to an announcement to see what you guys have in store.

Yourself and Ross have been great being up front with the fans. Keep up the good work

Parra Pride

Coach
That's a pretty big claim there, the in depth careers in things like NBA and Madden haven't just happened over night, they've built on then year after year, yet you are claiming to have something that rivals that?

HBK619

Juniors
That's a pretty big claim there, the in depth careers in things like NBA and Madden haven't just happened over night, they've built on then year after year, yet you are claiming to have something that rivals that?
Neither has our Career. Remember that this isn't our first rodeo.

You could say the same thing about creation suite's as well, yet you'd be hard pressed to find something as robust and as good as what we've put out with the DBC Academy and the new RLL3 FanHub.

As always there's a lot to still go under the bridge before we get to show things off. But I'm very excited with what we're going to be doing, not just for that aspect, but everything.

natheel

Coach
Man, career mode on a RL game would be soooo good.

yeh i'm not expecting something like NBA2k with cut scenes but even something stripped down like Don Bradman or Fifa would be awesome. Sign a contract play it out (or mid year transfer etc) and then get offers elsewhere when its up. Would be awesome

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just fix the passing system, intercepts and interchanges (make them live, not only during pauses in play). The rate at which the A.I successfully kick goals and give penalties to A.I teams would also be really good.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Wonder who's in charge of researching the squads and player names..

Dallin WZ spelt Dallan. Jonathan Wright spelt incorrectly. Fusitua spelt Fisitua. Seems like a pretty trivial thing to get wrong.

franklin2323

Immortal
Feedback on any major issuesitely appreciated, also how hard/easy it is to make players is definitely appreciated as well. We've done our best at what we can when attempting to replicate players on our end with the tools provided (in terms of 'this nose doesn't go far enough' or 'this chin doesn't stick out enough', etc.), but knowing what those in the public eye are seeing adds that extra bit of input that can re-enforce something we've seen or can show us something we never saw before as well.

I'm going to hang around these parts and take all add onto my intro. Ratings are NOT final right now, we've simply put them in at varying numbers for now just so from our end while doing testing there's a variation in players. We'll finalise them properly much closer to release.

Same goes for the current default visuals. Not all are final and a lot are a long way off. But what we want is for those that are playing this to jump in and see what they can do with what is there, try creating Cooper Cronk or Greg Inglis and see how you improve on what is there. Basically, have fun!

My biggest issue is player selection. A back always on the bench. Average players getting a start over test players. In my current career mode Burr is starting at Bulldogs over Eastwood & Pritchard

natheel

Coach
My biggest issue is player selection. A back always on the bench. Average players getting a start over test players. In my current career mode Burr is starting at Bulldogs over Eastwood & Pritchard

yeh the back always on the bench shits me. Other selections doesn't bother me makes it interesting although Burr over Eastwood and Pritchard is weird unless they have been recently injured?

natheel

Coach
Wonder who's in charge of researching the squads and player names..

Dallin WZ spelt Dallan. Jonathan Wright spelt incorrectly. Fusitua spelt Fisitua. Seems like a pretty trivial thing to get wrong.

Fusitu'a - just saying

Wright was in the Sharks still too wasn't he?

Either way i'm sure those types of things will be double checked before full release

strong_latte

Juniors
Great news - RLL2 was probably the best League or Union game to date and BigAnt have shown a real commitment to fans and their feedback.

kdalymc

Bench
Why has no one mentioned FRANCHISE mode like we seen in rugby league 2...????
This was best thing ever..
/thread

Paullyboy

Coach
Why has no one mentioned FRANCHISE mode like we seen in rugby league 2...????
This was best thing ever..
/thread

There was a franchise mode in RL Live 2, I'm sure they aren't going to remove an existing (and obviously crucial) feature.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I'd like to see set plays added in, have players in the correct positions and running better lines. RLL2 was the first game where carting it up with the forwards was fun and helped you win games, so even more improvement in that area would be awesome for RLL3.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
installed fan hub demo

Slowly re-doing the Eels as a lot are just default faces

So far only done Sandow and Radradra

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I really hope the player ratings are still being finalised. I don't think Josh McCrone is the Raiders second best player lol.

HBK619

Juniors
I really hope the player ratings are still being finalised. I don't think Josh McCrone is the Raiders second best player lol.
They're nowhere near final. We actually had them at 99's only a few days prior to the FanHub going out. The ratings were only put in at a variation from our perspective for gameplay testing purposes.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They're nowhere near final. We actually had them at 99's only a few days prior to the FanHub going out. The ratings were only put in at a variation from our perspective for gameplay testing purposes.

You're one of the devs?

Have you guys implemented a proper lobby system in for online play? I play Career over PSN with my mate and I literally have to call him while I'm looking at the team lineup to discuss our side because there's no lobby system in game.