What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

RoosTah

Juniors
The way people carry on about this... 10 years ago we were complaining that there was no RL game.

It's not accurate or perfect but ffs we've got it, just enjoy it for what it is, or if you don't like it, put it back on the damn shelf. Not hard.

This has been my beef here... I reckon the game has plenty of room for improvement and have my own issues with it, but f**k me if some people carry on like spoiled brats here. I guess that's a given with a video game, but seriously some of the vitriol spewed here has been kinda ridiculous.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well tbf, its one of the only places where we can vent with other league passionate gamers about it.
We post anything negative over there and it gets removed unless its worded so all passion is out of the post.

Go back and read my posts about the game, I don't think I've been unfair to the game at all.

This has been my beef here... I reckon the game has plenty of room for improvement and have my own issues with it, but f**k me if some people carry on like spoiled brats here. I guess that's a given with a video game, but seriously some of the vitriol spewed here has been kinda ridiculous.

Like Ross's rant over that review?

I guess the vitriol spewed here is to counteract the fluffing going on over at BA forum. Its like 99.9% of the posters over there post messages on their knees....mmmmppfffttt...I love you Ross....gggobble....this game is perfect...ahhh its in my eye!!!

RoosTah

Juniors
Like Ross's rant over that review?

I guess the vitriol spewed here is to counteract the fluffing going on over at BA forum. Its like 99.9% of the posters over there post messages on their knees....mmmmppfffttt...I love you Ross....gggobble....this game is perfect...ahhh its in my eye!!!

Ross seriously needs to take a step back and have a good look at himself with the way he carries on, but I still reckon the anger on this thread over this game has been nothing short of ridiculous...

The games industry can't manage to produce a decent Union game any more despite it being a much bigger market than League (Rugby 15 and RWC were both massive backward steps for the games), and we've got people here carrying on like Rugby League should have a title that should be approaching the levels of EA and 2k's flagship sports titles that have stupidly high levels of resources, dedicated teams that just work on that game year on year and markets in the hundreds of millions to even billions.

As Timmah said, it wasn't that long ago that people were bitching about the fact no one would make a League game.

Front-Rower

First Grade
7 rugby league games in 12 years on major consoles and we still have a release where the basics are over looked such 6 again calls, AI players who pass when close to an open try line, backs who steam roll forwards, forwards who outrun backs and so and so on.

We aren't asking for the world, we are asking for a game where the basics are correct and everything else is a bonus. Who gives a toss how many polygons each player model contains or if the grass looks like real life grass. Give me a game where Aaron Woods can make 7-10 metres a hit up and not get smashed by Benji Marshall on the first hit up of the game.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Come on man. Just be thankful that some company is providing us a charity. We wouldn't have a league game otherwise...hahah

Man you guys that defend BA are so bloody blind. Who gives a toss if it's the only league game available. That doesn't mean it is fun. Also as far as I am concerned I'd rather have no league games than what is currently available. What's the difference? None are playable

BA are not releasing games for free. There's a market for league otherwise the publisher wouldn't fund the damn games.

The game is horrible and I'm bemused at some of you defending this game. It's shit. The BA forum would be overrun by similar comments if agro ross didn't delete and remove anything remotely negative.

I wish we didn't have any other league games. It's not worth the initial excitement and long term frustration.

strong_latte

Juniors
The game is horrible and I'm bemused at some of you defending this game. It's shit. The BA forum would be overrun by similar comments if agro ross didn't delete and remove anything remotely negative.

I wish we didn't have any other league games. It's not worth the initial excitement and long term frustration.

So because you can't manage your emotions and expectations you'd rather have nothing so that you won't be upset? Yeah, that sounds reasonable lol.

The game is plenty of fun - played it all weekend with mates with the finals on and we had some epic games. I honestly don't get what people are so upset about... It's a f**king vide game. If you want the real thing, go join a club.

ek999

First Grade
Lol

Just played a game when having lunch. Was up 10 nil after about 35 minutes when I got subbed off. Got to half time and the score what 18-10 and they had scored 4 tries. Kept playing the scond half and I scored a try to get the score back to 24-18 with the time at 79:35 and got subbed off. Final score ended up being 36-18

:lol:

redvscotty

First Grade
I paid 90 bucks for the game.

It's the equivalent of a poorly made 'Early Access' game on Steam, that are usually charged at 20 or 30 bucks and then fizzle out and never get beyond a semi playable state before the developers give up or run out of early access money.

I'll wait until it's $20 in the bargain bin at EB Games (I took it back after 4 days) and then I still won't pick it up because I'll remember how garbage it was/probably still is.

If people want to sit there and vehemently defend the game to the death as if it's their baby, then I reserve the right to rubbish it equally as much.

The power of consumerism.

RoosTah

Juniors
I paid 90 bucks for the game.

It's the equivalent of a poorly made 'Early Access' game on Steam, that are usually charged at 20 or 30 bucks and then fizzle out and never get beyond a semi playable state before the developers give up or run out of early access money.

I'll wait until it's $20 in the bargain bin at EB Games (I took it back after 4 days) and then I still won't pick it up because I'll remember how garbage it was/probably still is.

If people want to sit there and vehemently defend the game to the death as if it's their baby, then I reserve the right to rubbish it equally as much.

The power of consumerism.

Well the power of consumerism is the only reason we have these games. People buy them and on the whole keep them for quite a while. It appears the only reason the game has come onto Steam so quickly is because BigAnt hit its sales targets earlier than expected.

As for "vehemently defending the game to the death," I'm not sure who you're referring to but I gave it a 6.5 out of 10... I simply have tried to inject a little bit of perspective and logic amidst all the invective.

I also paid $89 for the game, but then that's what Madden costs so I didn't really care.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I'm going to grab it as well. I'm not going to claim it's brilliant or rubbish, I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is. Happy to have a League game on PC finally

Looks like the Steam version already has an update too

TUNING
Tuned online leaderboard result balance (wins awarded against quitters).
Tuned online kick off trajectory.

ADDITIONS
Added in option to coach representative sides in coach career mode.
Added ability to select controlling side in coach career mode.
Added ability to select jerseys before match in career mode.
Added Challenge Cup format to Career mode.
Added 3, 7 and 15 minute half options.
Added visuals updating in career when altering them from FanHub.
Added player name HUD for opposition offence.
Added off-screen pass icon player identifier.
Added ability to view skills and attributes in team management screen in career mode.
Added ability to view skills and attributes in recruiting screen in career mode.
Added ability to copy official player attributes to custom player.

FIXES
Fixed issue with be a pro not calculating extra time in simulation.
Corrected Super 8s format.
Corrected passing icons to show up quicker when holding pass button.
Corrected Video Ref logo in Super League.
Corrected London Broncos commentary name.
Corrected Halifax and Workington Town Home and Away Jerseys.
Randomise Auckland Nines pools fixtures after 2015 in career mode.
Reserve lineup selection in Competition mode allowed.
Corrected cheerleaders position at Remondis Stadium.
Corrected a penalty kick rule error.
Corrected a try line ruling issue.
Corrected shift left and right tactics error

No gameplay tweaks yet according to Ross. Consoles will get a patch later

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
So because you can't manage your emotions and expectations you'd rather have nothing so that you won't be upset? Yeah, that sounds reasonable lol.

The game is plenty of fun - played it all weekend with mates with the finals on and we had some epic games. I honestly don't get what people are so upset about... It's a f**king vide game. If you want the real thing, go join a club.

No.

Why have a game on the market that is ultimately being returned not played. In my instance I've returned every league game ever released. So why would I care if an I there game doesn't get released?

I have come to the realisation that it doesn't matter who makes the games, it will always be borderline rubbish/shit.

I am happy that this bug riddled game can maintain your interest.

I don't care that it isn't super realistic .
I don't care that graphics are comparable to a free android game.
So what the animations resemble ice hockey more than league.

I care when the game plays as terribly as it has from the first tittle to date.

No gameplay tweaks yet according to Ross. Consoles will get a patch later

I've had players hitting the line at full tilt so far, catching the football right next to the dummy half and hitting the line hard.

There seems to be more two man tackles as well.

There are some gameplay bug fixes that would have the outcomes you mention but these are very hard to get across to the user as they are at the engine level so not listed individually.

RoosTah

Juniors
No.

Why have a game on the market that is ultimately being returned not played. In my instance I've returned every league game ever released. So why would I care if an I there game doesn't get released?

With that sort of a record how could you possibly still be disappointed? Surely by now you ought to know that you ain't ever getting anything close to a Rugby League version of Madden...

You're obviously in the minority in terms of returns, because they've gone to a Steam PC release faster than expected due to strong sales and if people were returning it en-mass and not playing it then BigAnt would would never have made 3 titles.

I mean I get you're genuinely angry about this and feel the need to vent, but if you know you're gonna hate any League game why do you keeping buying them? I hate Michael Bay films, but I've never once been tempted to see another Transformers film, nor comment on a forum about how he's ripping us all off by charging for his garbage.

RoosTah

Juniors
I've had players hitting the line at full tilt so far, catching the football right next to the dummy half and hitting the line hard.

There seems to be more two man tackles as well.

There are some gameplay bug fixes that would have the outcomes you mention but these are very hard to get across to the user as they are at the engine level so not listed individually.

That sounds promising. The game really doesn't do hit ups justice nor respect the role of forwards enough, so that would be a welcome improvement.

redvscotty

First Grade
With that sort of a record how could you possibly still be disappointed? Surely by now you ought to know that you ain't ever getting anything close to a Rugby League version of Madden...

You're obviously in the minority in terms of returns, because they've gone to a Steam PC release faster than expected due to strong sales and if people were returning it en-mass and not playing it then BigAnt would would never have made 3 titles.

I mean I get you're genuinely angry about this and feel the need to vent, but if you know you're gonna hate any League game why do you keeping buying them? I hate Michael Bay films, but I've never once been tempted to see another Transformers film, nor comment on a forum about how he's ripping us all off by charging for his garbage.

No one's stopping you from doing it Ross.

It's a Rugby League forum. It stands to reason this game would be debated on it's merits by die hard league fans who want a game that they can say truly plays like a proper game of league.

I do have to be thankful of RLL3 for one reason though.

I almost was tempted to pick up THPS5 but after reading it had no game previews, next to no gameplay footage before release, and is buggy as f**k with a massive 7.7gb day 1 update... alarm bells were ringing. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

RoosTah

Juniors
No one's stopping you from doing it Ross.

It's a Rugby League forum. It stands to reason this game would be debated on it's merits by die hard league fans who want a game that they can say truly plays like a proper game of league.

I do have to be thankful of RLL3 for one reason though.

I almost was tempted to pick up THPS5 but after reading it had no game previews, next to no gameplay footage before release, and is buggy as f**k with a massive 7.7gb day 1 update... alarm bells were ringing. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

For the record my name on here is "RoosTah" because I'm a massive fan of the Roosters and Waratahs as I grew up playing both League and Union.

But whatever, if thinking I'm Ross because I disagree with you makes you feel more validated then keep your strawmen up.

Sure, it's to be expected that League fans will debate the game here, but if you've bought 6 titles and hated all of them, then it doesn't really "stand to reason" that you should still be disappointed and bitching about having to return the game without apparently playing it.

In any case, for the most part my comments here have just been about bringing people back to earth a bit and laying down some of the fundamental realities of the market and the industry.

My advice would be to just avoid Rugby League, Union and other niche footy video games altogether and just keep supporting w0gball games or Madden.

Latest posts