What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
With that sort of a record how could you possibly still be disappointed? Surely by now you ought to know that you ain't ever getting anything close to a Rugby League version of Madden...

You're obviously in the minority in terms of returns, because they've gone to a Steam PC release faster than expected due to strong sales and if people were returning it en-mass and not playing it then BigAnt would would never have made 3 titles.

I mean I get you're genuinely angry about this and feel the need to vent, but if you know you're gonna hate any League game why do you keeping buying them? I hate Michael Bay films, but I've never once been tempted to see another Transformers film, nor comment on a forum about how he's ripping us all off by charging for his garbage.

Madden...please. The quality in american football games is in NFL2K5. I've been dissapointed ever since EA had 2K Sports barred from making the 2K series.

Maybe they put RLL3 out on STEAM due to the continued negative feedback from customers on Console. Probably figured that they had no time to waste, before it further went down the toilet.

I am not angry about the game. Am I let down, sure. But angry? What for?? lol. I can see what you are trying to imply and in fairness sure you have some merit, but as a League fan I am part of the demographic for a Rugby League game.

1) - Avid league fan.
2) - Gamer
3) - Owns both console and PC

So your argument is quite flawed. In this instance, I am part of the 'niche' market that is willing to fork out money.

You are calling the BA games a success. Financially, possibly..but without actually knowing the profit made from these games, it would just be an assumption. We didnt have any League games for years so the fact that we have one coming out every few years is most likely a sign that the games have returned a decent profit.

We do not know the cost of the game. We do not know the budget.

A sucess based on the development quality from BA - hahaha, hell no. The games have been garbage.

You should be able to figure the rest out.

How does a game that is shit house get a regular release every few years, despite the poor quality?

If you didnt figure it out, than it is quite simple. The game has been selling due to the niche market keeping the series alive by throwing cash at BA and TB. I personally think it is time that they stopped treating consumes like donkeys.

We all know not to expect a Madden like Rugby League game, but that doesnt mean we have to accept the shitness that is being provided either.

redvscotty

First Grade
Sure, it's to be expected that League fans will debate the game here, but if you've bought 6 titles and hated all of them, then it doesn't really "stand to reason" that you should still be disappointed and bitching about having to return the game without apparently playing it.

Everything you've spouted here is incorrect.

Where did I say I bought 6 of them, and where did I say I hadn't played them?

I'm disappointed because they have hyped and hyped the games for years now, yet had no reviews prior to release, had little to no marketing of the games (except on select company websites) and leave the gameplay footage up to a couple of f**ken burnouts to film on a Thursday night down at Cabramatta EB Games through their poxy Sony Ericsson 'smart'phones.

You like the game. Cool. I dislike the game. Cool.

Why do you feel the need to 'correct' me and others on our own and very valid opinions?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Maybe they put RLL3 out on STEAM due to the continued negative feedback from customers on Console. Probably figured that they had no time to waste, before it further went down the toilet.

That's not how it works, you can't just "put" something on another platform at short notice. The fan hub has been up on Steam for ages, there had always been a PC version planned.

Anyway PC version looks pretty good and runs quite well. Gameplay is about what I expected coming from the previous games. Can understand why people don't like it though (especially if they paid $100 for it).

Need to try the career mode next.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I mean it was always going to be out on Steam, but it did not really have a release date. Then just out of the blue, date confirm almost on the same day the game was coming out.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Got it, that makes more sense.

From my understanding they (Tru Blu, the publisher) were delaying the PC version so it wouldn't cannibalise the console versions. You can go either way from there, sales were good so they brought the PC version forward, or the sales were horrible so they brought it forward.

Will be interesting to see if they do a boxed PC release

strong_latte

Juniors
Got it, that makes more sense.

From my understanding they (Tru Blu, the publisher) were delaying the PC version so it wouldn't cannibalise the console versions. You can go either way from there, sales were good so they brought the PC version forward, or the sales were horrible so they brought it forward.

Will be interesting to see if they do a boxed PC release

Well going by the fact it hit top seller in NZ and Aus and hit the top 10 in the UK, I think it's safe to say it was a release precipitated by good sales.

Tigers1986

Juniors
It's great they've done a patch and all (and one coming to consoles) but the question you must ask is - don't they have beta testing? I'm sure as anything they had a thing where people could test the game. Surely they could've identified these issues during testing, fixed them, and released it without bugs?

strong_latte

Juniors
It's great they've done a patch and all (and one coming to consoles) but the question you must ask is - don't they have beta testing? I'm sure as anything they had a thing where people could test the game. Surely they could've identified these issues during testing, fixed them, and released it without bugs?

You would think so, but no matter how much beta testing developers do there are ALWAYS bugs that make it through to the final release. There's a tonne of variable in most games and it makes it pretty hard for beta testing to find all bugs.

Haffa

You would think so, but no matter how much beta testing developers do there are ALWAYS bugs that make it through to the final release. There's a tonne of variable in most games and it makes it pretty hard for beta testing to find all bugs.

These are pretty glaring bugs though. Beyond what most Devs would allow.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
But the bugs that exist are so damn obvious. Almost like someone sat their and thought eff this I'll just play A DECENT GAME and then submitted their findings as 'all good'

I can handle the bugs in this game. It's the game play mechanics which kill it for me. I could handle the random 30 points in 2 minutes or teams slotting over a field goal when down by 20.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Started my be a pro mode. U/20s for the Eels. The sim engine is borked, down 4-0 with 10 mins to go in the half somehow ended up 12-5 :lol:

Looks really good on PC though, will be happy enough to mess around with career mode even if the other bugs aren't sorted out. New rosters in March would probably get me back again

Gina Minehart

Juniors
For the record my name on here is "RoosTah" because I'm a massive fan of the Roosters and Waratahs as I grew up playing both League and Union.

But whatever, if thinking I'm Ross because I disagree with you makes you feel more validated then keep your strawmen up.

Sure, it's to be expected that League fans will debate the game here, but if you've bought 6 titles and hated all of them, then it doesn't really "stand to reason" that you should still be disappointed and bitching about having to return the game without apparently playing it.

In any case, for the most part my comments here have just been about bringing people back to earth a bit and laying down some of the fundamental realities of the market and the industry.

My advice would be to just avoid Rugby League, Union and other niche footy video games altogether and just keep supporting w0gball games or Madden.

Pretty obvs this guy is Ross tbh

soccer? Are you ross from bullpitt? Dickbag

RoosTah

Juniors
Pretty obvs this guy is Ross tbh

soccer? Are you ross from bullpitt? Dickbag

Yeah, I'm Ross, I just joined last year before there was any news of this game, have an IP address that shows I'm in Sydney and not Melbourne and happily say Ross is a dick.

Oh and what's your point about w0gball? Did you have one f#cktard?

Nah he's not Ross, he's not abusive enough. He also would have asked the mods to delete any critiscm on here, which Ross actually tried to do on Sidhe Forums.

Though his Big Ant apologist attitude is rather daft.

Someone

Bench
7 rugby league games in 12 years on major consoles and we still have a release where the basics are over looked such 6 again calls, AI players who pass when close to an open try line, backs who steam roll forwards, forwards who outrun backs and so and so on.

We aren't asking for the world, we are asking for a game where the basics are correct and everything else is a bonus. Who gives a toss how many polygons each player model contains or if the grass looks like real life grass. Give me a game where Aaron Woods can make 7-10 metres a hit up and not get smashed by Benji Marshall on the first hit up of the game.

latest

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Did anyone see tamou running around like a random rll3 player llast night after Thurston missed the kick? Tamou started sprinting towards Thurston then did a random u turn. So funny

HBK & Ross deleting threads & banning on the steam forum as expected.
Still cant admit their faults.
I expected Ross to look scary to match his toughness online, but the fat, pudgy arms scream two facts.
He hasn't seen a gym set or the sun.

Last edited:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the game after just one season in coach mode, and even less in BAP.
Playing on Pro.

It feels like the game has an auto-balance type of mechanic in-built into the game so that when you're up by 16 (or they are for that matter) unexplained defensive derps that even the match up.

I know much has been said about the fanhub etc, but it still gives me the shi!ts that the players don't look like their real life counterparts - Okay, some do granted.

Or something as silly as the stats are still broken. Are you trying to tell me that no one in BA thought to look at how the stats looked during testing? give me a break.