What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

Parra Pride

Referee
Shit like this is broken:

UkWvRRT.png

That's an intercept being taken by just literally running through the intended receiver.

D92CeVn.gif

Everything about this play the ball is broken.

IGSMxLP.gif

Everything about this defender's AI.

RoosTah

Juniors
Shit like this is broken:

That's an intercept being taken by just literally running through the intended receiver.

Everything about this play the ball is broken.

Everything about this defender's AI.

Yep, there's more than a few bugs they need to iron out that's for sure. Again though, if the bug doesn't literally crash or stop the game then it's not breaking it. Sorry, but it just isn't.

There's stupid bugs people bitch about and post images like this for in a tonne of games, even big ones. Doesn't make them all "broken games".

Anyway though, as I said, in an ideal world we'd have the NRL just paying EA $20million just to make a high quality game and writing it into their advertising budget. But as it stands that's not happening.

Parra Pride

Referee
Defensive AI that literally stand and watch you run past is broken, unless you mean to tell me that's how they are meant to react. The fact that players can literally run straight through an attacker to take an intercept is once again broken, again unless they intended that to be the case.

It doesn't have to stop the game to be broken, if it's not working the way it was intended, it's broken.

RoosTah

Juniors
Defensive AI that literally stand and watch you run past is broken, unless you mean to tell me that's how they are meant to react. The fact that players can literally run straight through an attacker to take an intercept is once again broken, again unless they intended that to be the case.

It doesn't have to stop the game to be broken, if it's not working the way it was intended, it's broken.

Well in my experience the AI defence still works most of the time, but can suffer lapses from time to time where players clock off, which is effectively an exaggeration of what happens in real life. I mean, I'm not sure if you watched any of the world club challenge series over the weekend, but there was a tonne of guys just flat out missing everything that was happening around them and letting tries get run in on them.

Point is the mechanic may well be working as it was intended; the thing works most of the time, but has lapses when it doesn't like a real defensive system, so I don't really see how that justifies hyperbole about the whole thing being busted.

mozza91

Coach
I play RLL2 on 360 as opposed to RLL3 on PS4 every time I wanna play a League game. Almost every aspect of the gameplay is completely unrealistic. To be fair I might not call it broken just incredibly shit.

Take it easy on RoosTah though, he's obviously a Union fan. So pretending a shit game is great is just in his nature.

RoosTah

Juniors
I play RLL2 on 360 as opposed to RLL3 on PS4 every time I wanna play a League game. Almost every aspect of the gameplay is completely unrealistic. To be fair I might not call it broken just incredibly shit.

Take it easy on RoosTah though, he's obviously a Union fan. So pretending a shit game is great is just in his nature.

I'm a fan of and have played both - played fullback in Union and centre in league. I reckon Union is a brilliant sport, but League is harder and more fun to play. I generally like most sports though, just not soccer, which is a game for little bitches who wish were born in Europe and don't like our national identity.

As for the games - RLL2 was a great improvement over the very poor effort they handed out in RLL1, but the players moved like they were on train tracks... changing direction was awful and the pass responsiveness and targeting was less accurate and even slower than in RLL3.

Paullyboy

Coach
All you people that hate RLL3 - anyone want to spare yourself the pain of owning it and sell me your copy for Xbox one?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
generally like most sports though, just not soccer, which is a game for little bitches who wish were born in Europe and don't like our national identity.

If i had any ounce of respect for you before, consider it gone.

'soccer' (ermm FOOTBALL) is a game for little bitches? You realize its the biggest global sport right?
You realize it's not just the Europeans who play it right?

Your view on the definition 'broken' is wrong. And your opinion on 'soccer' is wrong.

Bog off you twat.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
All you people that hate RLL3 - anyone want to spare yourself the pain of owning it and sell me your copy for Xbox one?

If you had a PS3, I'd sell you mine. But alas you don't :(
Try the stores that sell pre-owned games. They will probably have masses 2nd hand and be fairly cheap by now

redvscotty

First Grade
I returned mine within a week for a full credit towards another. If I hasn't I would have give it to you for nothing.

Rosstah glosses over the fact that you can get draws in finals games in Be a Pro but still won't concede the game is broken hahahahahah.

RoosTah

Juniors
If i had any ounce of respect for you before, consider it gone.

'soccer' (ermm FOOTBALL) is a game for little bitches? You realize its the biggest global sport right?
You realize it's not just the Europeans who play it right?

Your view on the definition 'broken' is wrong. And your opinion on 'soccer' is wrong.

Bog off you twat.

Why would I want or need the respect of some wanker who thinks we should all call it "football" when in the majority of the English speaking world it's called soccer?

Only Eurosnob wannabes call it "football" in most English speaking countries outside of the UK.

As for the "world game," that's a load of overblown crap. There's 1.7 billion people in the subcontinent who would all rather watch Cricket and close to 400 million in North America that would all rather watch the NFL, so I call BS on that.

In reality its only a game that Europeans and South Americans truly go nuts over.

And yes, soccer is a game for little bitches. If you're from a country where that shit lowest common denominator crap is all they had, then fine. But when I was growing up, if you played soccer it was because you were weak as piss and couldn't take the tough stuff.

Anyway, what do you care? You're a kiwi aren't you? Most kiwis I know and have played footy with all think soccer is a stupid girls game and its got even less of a presence there than it does here.

As for my view on "broken" - it's not wrong it's just what the word means. Kinda like how soccer is a word that refers to that shit sport you love so much "twat"face ; ) .

Last edited:

strong_latte

Juniors
Heard they're already cleared for RLL4 - apparently the sales for it were well above expectations, so I'm guessing people here represent a minority of fans.

Personally I think the game is great fun. Not exactly awesome, but it's a fun game to play with your mates before a game kicks off over a few beers. For most blokes that's really all that matters is I'd say

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Why would I want or need the respect of some wanker who thinks we should all call it "football" when in the majority of the English speaking world it's called soccer?

Only Eurosnob wannabes call it "football" in most English speaking countries outside of the UK.

As for the "world game," that's a load of overblown crap. There's 1.7 billion people in the subcontinent who would all rather watch Cricket and close to 400 million in North America that would all rather watch the NFL, so I call BS on that.

In reality its only a game that Europeans and South Americans truly go nuts over.

And yes, soccer is a game for little bitches. If you're from a country where that shit lowest common denominator crap is all they had, then fine. But when I was growing up, if you played soccer it was because you were weak as piss and couldn't take the tough stuff.

Anyway, what do you care? You're a kiwi aren't you? Most kiwis I know and have played footy with all think soccer is a stupid girls game and its got even less of a presence there than it does here.

As for my view on "broken" - it's not wrong it's just what the word means. Kinda like how soccer is a word that refers to that shit sport you love so much "twat"face ; ) .

What a sad, sad little man

strong_latte

Juniors
Everyone has their crazy points. For people here it's not liking a local low budget video game that makes them crazy, for Rooster it's soccer people

RoosTah

Juniors
What a sad, sad little man

Don't take it personally champ, I wasn't calling you specifically a little bitch ;) .

Back on the game - glad to hear RLL4 has already been cleared for development. I'm sure you blokes will be beside yourselves with rag though.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
:lol: :lol:

This really doesn't deserve an answer. But what the hey, I have some free time.

I am assuming you think 'Football' means 'Rugby'
Which, in my opinion is stupid because Football/Soccer you literally just use your feet (unless your a goalkeeper of course), where is an Rugby you hold the ball! So how Rugby is more a 'football' sport than Football/Soccer...I dunno how that makes any sense whatsoever.

I don't know to be honest. I wouldn't consider myself a wanker, but you felt the need to reply so that's a question only you should answer.

Really? Well lets see.
AFF - Australian FOOTBALL Federation
NZF - New Zealand FOOTBALL.
Look at your local clubs, how many of them are FCs (FOOTBALL CLUBS)

If you are referring to RUGBY (note, not football), why are they ARU, NZRU etc.

Officially the name is Football.

It is the global game you idiot, not North American game, not the Subcontinent game. Learn to read. Comprehend. Simple, google what you think the most popular sport is. Top hit? Association Football/Soccer (probably the yanks put that last bit in)

If you believe there are more fans of any other sport in the world, then you really need to get your head checked.

Globally, Football is the most popular sport hands down. It may not be the most popular sport everywhere in the world, but as a whole - Football is the most popular sport.

Now your just rambling BS. This (well most of your post actually) doesn't justify an answer.

I am kiwi and according to sports NZ, Football had over 50 thousand more male players than Rugby. 10.5% of kiwi males played Football, where was Rugby - 6.8%. That was in 2015.

In 2012, 17,000 school children were surveyed - More were playing football then Rugby. Even the future is going to football as opposed to Rugby.

I won't go into playing/viewership stats of NZ vs Australia in Footballl, but to try and insinuate that Football is losing it's presence here is just, well, mind boggling

That supposed shit sport which is the most popular in the world? A sport that in 2000, over 240 MILLION people played regularly? In 2007, that number rose to 265 MILLION. Most recently in 2013, the 207 associated member countries were surveyed and the result was 4% of the worlds population participate actively in Football.

You've made yourself out to be a sad sad little man as quoted by another poster.
Here we were discussing a sub-standard game and you feel the need to shit on the most popular sport in the world.
Is this your way of admitting RLL3 isn't upto standard?

Are you that defensive of RLL3 that you need to distract from how bad it really is?
Football isn't even relevant to RLL3, so why you even thought it bring it up is beyond me. We all have sports we don't like -I for one can't stand playing Basketball, but it isn't necessary to shit on a sport simply because I don't like it.

Latest posts