What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

strong_latte

Juniors
Think maybe you boys should take this to the fight club... That said, despite what the FFA are trying to do with their cultural imperialism of language doesn't change the fact that most Aussies actually call the sport soccer. Our national team is still called "the socceroos" too after all. Also Shaun, I don't know what it's like in NZ, but in Australia a lot of people really hate soccer... Just read our mainstream papers and you'll see there's a depth of loathing for the game (justified I feel) that is unmatched for other sports.

Last edited:

RoosTah

Juniors
Crikey, I've clearly touched a nerve with our kiwi friend :lol:.

I mean this started as an off-handed comment bagging the shit sport of soccer after someone bagged Rugby, but Shaun has really taken this personally quite clearly.

I'll try not derail the thread much further, as a blow by blow response to Shaun's post is both unnecessary and pointless in the video game section given he's written an article defending soccer now for some reason, but I will respond to this:

I am assuming you think 'Football' means 'Rugby'
Which, in my opinion is stupid because Football/Soccer you literally just use your feet (unless your a goalkeeper of course), where is an Rugby you hold the ball! So how Rugby is more a 'football' sport than Football/Soccer...I dunno how that makes any sense whatsoever.

This to me tells me everything I need to know about you. Have you ever stopped to wonder why there are over 7 sports with the word "Football" in their name, most of which use their hands?

Maybe do a bit of research and apply a few brain cells to the notion before buying FIFA's garbage or parroting the superficial and moronic claims of your average soccer douche about the word. If you want to discuss it further, then as latte suggested we're better off in TFC's 'soccer taking over' thread. Repost your comment there and I'll respond in full if that's what you're after.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Given that people here hate this game so much, is there a developer you'd actually like to see make the next game that has a realistic chance of making it?

strong_latte

Juniors
Depending on how Rugby Challenge 3 goes under Wicked Witch, maybe them. If they knock it out of the park with a union game, then it would be good to see how they do with League because from a programming standpoint League would have to be a lot simpler to do.

Only issue is I don't know if anyone even knows if there's gonna be an RC3 now, because it was supposed to come out last year and since then we've heard nothing.

Apart from them, I'm not really sure as it's hard to think of a small developer in our region or the UK which has a good track record with making sports games on small budgets.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
As much hate as BA are getting on this.
I do actually feel they are the right people for it.
They just need to be more precise, and quality test the game for longer/extensively before release.

If these bugs gets fixed then RLL3 would be a good addition. With RLL4 confirmed, surely BA continue to build on the game (assuming bug free) and give us a product that we'll be happy with.

I don't see BA doing like EA does with FIFA where its a roster change and little tweaks here and there between releases, I have a feeling they will improve things like a GM mode or something like that.

Just speculating here.

I guess what I'm getting at is BA was actually very close to hitting the nail on the head with RLL3 while being so far.

As for RoosTah, I can't be arsed with this conversation. You clearly are a Rugby man and that's fine by me. I prefer Football/Soccer, and thats my own preference. Bag something I don't like and I'll speak up, its just who I am. I don't see a benefit in continuing the conversation, as we clearly have our own likes and dislikes.

RoosTah

Juniors
As much hate as BA are getting on this.
I do actually feel they are the right people for it.
They just need to be more precise, and quality test the game for longer/extensively before release.

If these bugs gets fixed then RLL3 would be a good addition. With RLL4 confirmed, surely BA continue to build on the game (assuming bug free) and give us a product that we'll be happy with.

I don't see BA doing like EA does with FIFA where its a roster change and little tweaks here and there between releases, I have a feeling they will improve things like a GM mode or something like that.

Just speculating here.

I guess what I'm getting at is BA was actually very close to hitting the nail on the head with RLL3 while being so far.

Hey what do you know, we actually are of the same mind on a topic!

The game has a lot of fundamental ideas right and is on the right track generally speaking, but as you say, it probably needed more time in development. I still enjoy it for all that, but there's a bunch of stuff that could make it a genuinely great game that they could do for a sequel (not just bugs, but expanded tactics and set plays from scrums would be good).

As for RoosTah, I can't be arsed with this conversation. You clearly are a Rugby man and that's fine by me. I prefer Football/Soccer, and thats my own preference. Bag something I don't like and I'll speak up, its just who I am. I don't see a benefit in continuing the conversation, as we clearly have our own likes and dislikes.

Agreed.

Pommy

Coach
Think maybe you boys should take this to the fight club... That said, despite what the FFA are trying to do with their cultural imperialism of language doesn't change the fact that most Aussies actually call the sport soccer. Our national team is still called "the socceroos" too after all. Also Shaun, I don't know what it's like in NZ, but in Australia a lot of people really hate soccer... Just read our mainstream papers and you'll see there's a depth of loathing for the game (justified I feel) that is unmatched for other sports.

Being in Australia and what Australians call it doesn't change the fact the sport is called association football after all. I have no idea why Aussies get so hung up on that one word when nationaly it doesn't have one distinct meaning. Do you rant about Victorians calling gay ball football? I never see it if you do, so what's the difference?

strong_latte

Juniors
Being in Australia and what Australians call it doesn't change the fact the sport is called association football after all. I have no idea why Aussies get so hung up on that one word when nationaly it doesn't have one distinct meaning. Do you rant about Victorians calling gay ball football? I never see it if you do, so what's the difference?

soccer fans in Australia are unique in their arrogance in their demands of how we use our language. but again, this is a discussion for the fight club.

nöyd

Staff member

time to get over it or jog on

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Conversation is dead.

We've all moved on, you should too Pommy.

Back to RLL3

I think, this has got to be, the longest time I've seen a patch thats complete but not released and no explanation as to the hold up.
Bit of a punch to the dick....

nöyd

Staff member
Conversation is dead.

We've all moved on, you should too Pommy.

Back to RLL3

I think, this has got to be, the longest time I've seen a patch thats complete but not released and no explanation as to the hold up.
Bit of a punch to the dick....

the hold up on the patch delay is sony's doing yeah? so i heard anyway

i still play it here and there on pc but have only played it post-patch, so i have no real gauge for comparison on how it played pre-patch.

biggest gripe for me is stupid defence and forwards making breaks and streaking away from fullbacks and wingers

make stupid errors like spreading it wide inside your own 20 metre zone and you will be made to pay - as you should

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
As far as I was aware, the patch had been submitted to Tru-Blu and that's all we've heard, if i remember correctly.

Going back to the playing it within the 20m zone, I've made that mistake far too often.
I actually tend to find (when i play) that if I'm down by say 12 points, I panic and try spread the ball and often the score blows out. If i'm patient, no doubt there'll be a way back in.

Also annoys how people like Dave Taylor can make a streaky run 80m or so and not get caught by a Tuivasa-Sheck or a Shaun Johnson

It's probably Ross trying to push the blame onto someone else, he has a thing for doing so.

Not that TruBlu are competent by any means.

strong_latte

Juniors
It's probably Ross trying to push the blame onto someone else, he has a thing for doing so.

Not that TruBlu are competent by any means.

TruBlu have possibly the most inept approach to PR I've ever seen. Their webpage looks like it was designed in the '90s FFS, and they do almost nothing to promote any games they're publishing. It's long been a great mystery to me how they've stayed in business.

nöyd

Staff member
well screw it, i'll post a feelgood moment I had with this game last night

I (Parra) just scraped in to the eight on superior points differential (knocking out the Broncos lol)

week one of the finals against Storm, they lead 6-0 early, then I score through Corey Norman close to the posts for 6-6 at halftime.

They come out and go bang bang - up 18-6, with time running out for yours truly, only for the Storm defence to slack off late and let Jenko through for 2 quick fire tries to tie it up at 18-18 with 3 or so minutes on the clock remaining.

Storm restart deep, taken by Mannah, offloads just as he gets to the defensive line, goes through the hands to a flying Semi who goes the length and plants it under the black dot.

To keep it real interesting, Michael Gordon misses the conversion from right in front, and Melbourne manage to get the ball back from the kick off. Luckily I held on for a great win.

Sure this game can be shit but what game isn't? Have a look through the Bradman game thread, plenty of good times posted about but some shit ones too.

Last nights come-from-behind win over the Storm made (some of) the frustration worth it, having said that, tonight I will attempt to beat the Tits in week 2 of the finals, and may very well end up throwing my controller through the f**king tv. Stay tuned.

natheel

Coach
i'm playing a fun Career mode in Super League. Started off as Warrington and won the comp then in the second year all my forwards (starters) were getting bad injuries and 2 of them retired so i struggled and ended up coming 3rd

left Warrington and now coaching Hull KR got some young NRL players in there like Parcell, Vete, Anderson (Broncos) and playing ok so far. My halves are pretty shit though

Zoidberg

First Grade
Damn your stories! Makes me wanna buy it now.

I do check JB sometimes to see the price of it and it's still $89-99 so if it gets to $50 or under I may give in.

nöyd

Staff member
finally managed to get some otherwise non-allowable sponsorship into the game:

nsw_zpsd9aejyrq.jpg

Latest posts