What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

slamminsam246

Juniors
Still no update. Ross @ Bigant deletes any posts with the slightest bit of negativity or criticism on their forums. Disgusting. Half a game should enitle people to half their money back. $100 for broken rubbish

Paullyboy

Coach
Damn your stories! Makes me wanna buy it now.

I do check JB sometimes to see the price of it and it's still $89-99 so if it gets to $50 or under I may give in.

That's the one thing I don't get about these games, they never drop in value at games shops. Even Rugby League Live 2, which is very much old news, is still more expensive than Madden 16 at the EB I went to the other day - how ridiculous is that?

Is this something that the developers (or whoever) dictate to shops (ie that they can't sell it for anything less than a certain price)?

Parra Pride

Referee
I'm pretty sure that, as far as second hand games go, the amount of stock a store has dictates pricing on them and I'd be fairly surprised if there were still brand new copies of RLL2 floating around.

Paullyboy

Coach
It may have been pre-owned, which would make it even more ridiculous that it's more expensive than a new version of Madden 16.

nöyd

Staff member
Another great match - grand final qualifier 24-24 at full time, Eels pretty much beaten in every stat apart from the one that counts.

Foran with the droppy in the 89th minute of golden point.

gfq_zpstlhrglrv.jpg

Zoidberg

First Grade
The way the actual footy is going just makes me want to buy this more.

Would much rather watch me play a game of this than watch the Knights go around again.

Got bored and started playing this because I was hyped for the footy tonight.

Not going to lie I had the sickest try scored against me.

Penrith kicked it across field, one of their guys tapped it back straight into their halfback arms who kicked it across field again to the winger who jumped up and scored.

If only the rest of the game was that rad.

Parra Pride

Referee
I had a good moment of quality programming, clip screwed up so I couldn't make the gif I would've liked to. Got held up in goal and dragged over the dead ball line, but without any of my player touching the ground outside the in goal, surprisingly he didn't do the stupid reach out that players seem to always too when they are dragged dead. The players just lay in that position for a bit, almost as if the game didn't know how to react, then it got it's shit together, changed the player held up to an entirely different player, stood him up clearly in the in goal, and then called him dead and handed the ball over for a twenty metre tap. Quality stuff, these guys definitely know the game.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Hey guys. Just had a 3gb update to the xbox one n thought id have a quick game of rll3 after. It said rll3 needed an update and is doing so as i type. Big Ant forums seem to be down so i cant confirm if this is the one weve been waiting for for so long...? Heres hoping!

Someone

Bench
i returned to the game last week after 4 months away from it.

snapped the disc after 3 games.

absolute shite.

nöyd

Staff member
y'all need to pick this up on pc - guy over at the BA forums has released a Winfield Cup patch of sorts - really ups the interest factor. I think I read that he tweaked some gameplay as well, the patched pc version plays much better anyway.

RoosTah

Juniors
y'all need to pick this up on pc - guy over at the BA forums has released a Winfield Cup patch of sorts - really ups the interest factor. I think I read that he tweaked some gameplay as well, the patched pc version plays much better anyway.

Yeah, I've seen that stuff, but all I have PC wise is a Macbook air and that sure as shit isn't running video games at that level any time soon.

I really don't know why they can't make these mods transferable to consoles some how.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Another great match - grand final qualifier 24-24 at full time, Eels pretty much beaten in every stat apart from the one that counts.

Foran with the droppy in the 89th minute of golden point.

gfq_zpstlhrglrv.jpg

Not to nitpick but how do you make 6 errors but still complete 12/15 sets ? Handovers on the last possibly?

nöyd

Staff member
Thought I would post some captures from the "Winfield Cup" mod I mentioned before.

Bear in mind that this does not contain full squads from select years/seasons of NSWRL/ARL/NRL etc. but more like All Time Great teams - for example I am currently playing a career as the Knights, of which the bulk of the squad is from around the 1997 grand final team, with some players like Sargent, Ashley Gordon, Brett Grogan (lol) thrown in as well.

I just played 2 matches - 1 against Balmain where I was pipped by an Andy Currier field goal, and then I just ran roughshod over the baby Broncos, as they were decimated by Origin selection. Check out the pics below...

Robbie O'Davis celebrating a try with Mark Hughes against Balmain:
rll3%202016-03-29%2014-46-53-598_zpscvpdf583.jpg

Matt Gidley palming Chris Johns off:
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-03-16-910_zpsmxsrqrft.jpg
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-03-04-608_zps95x5eb0s.jpg

Darren Albert leaving Wendell in his wake:
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-04-31-807_zpslo0gnsqy.jpg

nöyd

Staff member
This one made me lol hard - Brett Plowman buries the shoulder into Mark Hughes:
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-19-40-871_zpswhb8fbo9.jpg

And the result is:
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-19-55-385_zpsvbdqbdc9.jpg

Kev Walters conversion attempt of Plowman's try:
rll3%202016-03-29%2015-20-37-165_zpsn1x35c0p.jpg

Really having fun with this mod and the game in general. The game overall still has issues on the patched PC version, however it does not appear to have half the crazy shit people on console complain about.

In the Balmain match I just played, Adam MacDougall was flying down the sideline, only to be taken into touch by a classic Garry Jack covering tackle, was a very cool moment even being on the receiving end.

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm probably gonna regret this but I'm in the process of getting the PC version just for this Winfield Cup mod.

f**k I'd kill for a version with the Seagulls in it.

Latest posts