What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

axl rose

Bench
Just what I'd like to see, i'm quite keen to pick up RLL2 but I might just wait it out till RLL3

Fun game but showing it age now, old roster, graphics that were never great to begin with. Far better than SIDHE awful pre alpha type games you last played though.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I shall impatiently wait

I saw a video on youtube, a guy has downloaded that Fan Hub on PC. Apparentely he searches and can find the NRL 9 players who won't be playing elsewhere such as Nagas, Kingston and King. Could that point to the 9's somehow being included?

I may be reading too much into it. I suspect if the 9s was in it, they'd promote the game at the 9s at bit more.

When are we expecting it to be released? I've read different information, one site says June other sites say November

One minor thing I'd like to see (if it didn't change with RLL2 which I didn't buy - I don't have a console) is not having the hooter sound at the beginning of every half. That may happen in NZ for the NZ Warriors home games but it does not happen anywhere else in the NRL. As such it is always something which is discordant in the game for mine.

I would suggest you have a referees whistle sound to commence each half, as that is actually what occurs in real life. It would not be a hard coding change to make I would think.

Paullyboy

Coach
One minor thing I'd like to see (if it didn't change with RLL2 which I didn't buy - I don't have a console) is not having the hooter sound at the beginning of every half. That may happen in NZ for the NZ Warriors home games but it does not happen anywhere else in the NRL. As such it is always something which is discordant in the game for mine.

I would suggest you have a referees whistle sound to commence each half, as that is actually what occurs in real life. It would not be a hard coding change to make I would think.

I don't mean to single you out for criticism, this is just something that's always annoyed me about people who talk about this game and I figured I'd bring it up.

It's these sorts of requests that become frustrating to read and I imagine result in the developers just tuning out fans. So many people ask for the most inconsequential things that it means the genuinely important requests involving gameplay tend to get drowned out.

The worst ones are the requests by people who are so concerned that the Intrust super cup sponsors are correct or that the referees should have different hairstyles...

I don't mean to single you out for criticism, this is just something that's always annoyed me about people who talk about this game and I figured I'd bring it up.

It's these sorts of requests that become frustrating to read and I imagine result in the developers just tuning out fans. So many people ask for the most inconsequential things that it means the genuinely important requests involving gameplay tend to get drowned out.

The worst ones are the requests by people who are so concerned that the Intrust super cup sponsors are correct or that the referees should have different hairstyles...

I brought it up for a reason. It was part of the game from the very first edition, and it has grated since then to me. When you consider all the other facets the developers strive to get as close to realistic as possible, which they do in most cases, it just seems anomalous to have this happen in games. If there was an option to turn it off, I would but there isn't.

Further it is not something which changes regularly like sponsorships now is it?

If you don't like me bring it up, well tough for you bud. You "don't mean to single me out" but fact is you did by quoting my post. :crazy:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
To be fair, he's posting it here and not on tru blu/big ant forums

Still no sign of a release date or new information, havn't had any in a while, however I'd rather wait for something good than a rushed release.

Paullyboy

Coach
Fair enough.

I just get frustrated when the majority of requests come from people asking for such innocuous things that have zero impact on the enjoyment of the game (for the vast majority of people anyway). I can only assume that developers look at stuff like that and think - bah, we'll never please this lot so don't bother listening.

Choppy182

Juniors
I believe June/July is the rough estimate at this stage. Fine tuning it still according to the FB page in which the designer is answering some questions regarding the release date.

HBK619

Juniors

We have corrected it, the whistle will start each half.

HBK619

Juniors
still no trailer or screens and they are "fine tuning"

hmmmm
That's correct. The best part comes when the game has stopped being "built" and does get onto "fine tuning". It means you can look at the game and pin point every minor issue and flaw and polish them out.

As a dev we don't handle the things like trailers and screens, however you can look at the FanHub on Steam to see some things that we're updating as time goes on.

As long as general play kicking is fluid and not a lottery for success I'll be happy.
What were your issues about the previous kicking systems? Controls? Reactions? We've been doing a lot of work on the kicking, making sure it feels nice. But it'd be good to know what felt wrong in the past to see if we're on the right path.

Tigers1986

Juniors
What were your issues about the previous kicking systems? Controls? Reactions? We've been doing a lot of work on the kicking, making sure it feels nice. But it'd be good to know what felt wrong in the past to see if we're on the right path.

You'd press the button to kick but the player would run forward and be tackled right away, or it would go jagged away from where the arrow went. It was very hit and miss and provided a lot of frustration when you were looking to build pressure, grubber into the in-goal, go for 40/20's, especially when it came to online and multiplayer.

axl rose

Bench
You'd press the button to kick but the player would run forward and be tackled right away, or it would go jagged away from where the arrow went. It was very hit and miss and provided a lot of frustration when you were looking to build pressure, grubber into the in-goal, go for 40/20's, especially when it came to online and multiplayer.

Even with forwards grubbers in-goal were extremely easy.

colesy69

Juniors
Hi I can't access the Fan Hub because I 'don't have a suitable graphics device'. Could anyone tell me the Hull KR player ratings? Thank you.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I hope you guys have fixed the A.I considerably, like where it is almost impossible for the A.I to miss a field goal or a goal kick

Zoidberg

First Grade
What's the latest on this game? It was originally set to come out mid year but I've not seen or heard much to make me think that's going to happen.

Someone

Bench
I hope you guys have fixed the A.I considerably, like where it is almost impossible for the A.I to miss a field goal or a goal kick

yep.

A.I need to make more tackles, hit more holes (instead of just breaking tackles/going on an offload frenzy) and kick less goals.