What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

callmack1

Staff member
I just got the game and had a solid hit out today. It's pretty awesome but bloody hard. Gonna take some getting used to but that's all part of the fun!

axl rose

Bench
Wish they wouldn't waste development time on Be Pro Mode. Just not into it and looks clunky from what ive seen, but if thats what people want then okay.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'd love nothing more than taking a dump on big ant and their ego...but after a few hours of gaming i think its a good game lol.

Some stuff are annoying like the side step seems super op. Fatigue is currently useless. Some rules don't exist haha.

But it's challenging and not in the b.s. department. I just need to stop charging out of the defensive line. Overall I'm enjoying it just hopeful that some of the op moves get toned down

Big Pete

Referee
I'd love nothing more than taking a dump on big ant and their ego...but after a few hours of gaming i think its a good game lol.

How long will it take the other shoe to drop this time? :p

I've been following your reviews for 12 years, I can't wait until your second impression.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Okay so I'm starting to get a hang of the controls, and I think I can comfortably say this is the best RLL game yet, but obviously that's a pretty low bar in the first place. Stepping is OP for the opposition, and the AI is seriously abusing the heavy tackle leading to a knock on. The defence does seem to rush up on the kicker a bit too fast as well making 40/20's near impossible.

Also I think offloads are broken, because I haven't been able to do a single one. I press L1 or R1 after being tackled and just nothing happens. I go straight to ground with the ball. If all of this is fixed up, they may have finally found themselves a pretty solid groundwork for better games in the future. Lets just hope they don't f**king abandon it after 1 patch again like last time.

edabomb

First Grade
Wish they wouldn't waste development time on Be Pro Mode. Just not into it and looks clunky from what ive seen, but if thats what people want then okay.

I haven't played the game but to me that mode just doesn't really suit Rugby League. In cricket, basketball, baseball and other sports that have a major focus on statistics it makes a lot more sense - as you can work towards career goals in those fields.

MKCS

Juniors
My game arrived today, paid 100 AUD (Including express shipping from NZ)

Gameplay has improved a little bit but in exchange career mode is broken beyond belief. Robert Lui is the highest paid half in the world and for the price of one Robert Lui you can get 2-3 Origin players.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've found a game breaking bug I hope they fix. If you attempt a short kick off and the ball doesn't go 10 metres, the penalty goes to you, not the opposition. That gave me a bit of a chuckle.

AJB1102

First Grade
I've found a game breaking bug I hope they fix. If you attempt a short kick off and the ball doesn't go 10 metres, the penalty goes to you, not the opposition. That gave me a bit of a chuckle.

The Kahu glitch.

I remember last RLL game kicking the ball into an offside player got me a penalty, and being the 1st knock-on of a double knock-on got me the scrum feed.

All reviews seem pretty good so far, but so did previous versions to begin with. Then all the flaws start to add up and it becomes a steaming mess. Still waiting for a bit after the first patch to consider jumping in on this franchise again.

axl rose

Bench
I haven't played the game but to me that mode just doesn't really suit Rugby League. In cricket, basketball, baseball and other sports that have a major focus on statistics it makes a lot more sense - as you can work towards career goals in those fields.

Fair point. Perfect for MLB or NBA but for League..nah.

Anyway now that BigAnt have made a solid game in the series watch the publisher TruBlu rip the development away from them and give it to Wicked Witch studios like they did with AFL.

natheel

Coach
Fair point. Perfect for MLB or NBA but for League..nah.

Anyway now that BigAnt have made a solid game in the series watch the publisher TruBlu rip the development away from them and give it to Wicked Witch studios like they did with AFL.
I really hope not as much as Big Ant have struggled at times with their titles they have at least preserved on this series and didn't throw in the towel when it could've been so easy to just give up. They have continued to improve on things in this series and I'd like to see hem given the chance to keep it going. I'd prefer them dump Tru Blu and get a better distributor. Their advertising and things like that are terrible

Latest posts