What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

Tweek

Juniors
have u used mighty ape before? is it reliable?

I just learned Mighty Ape is based in NZ, i order my copy from there after seeing .com.au website, prices in aussie $, 1800 toll free number in contact us so i ordered it express expecting to get it tomorrow. but since found out its coming from NZ .ive been told to expect 3-6 working days for delivery. so could end up slower than waiting for Aussie release.

effnic

Bench
Everyone in here that is saying they wont be buying it, will have a copy as soon as it comes out.

Jono078

Referee
I'll be buying it. Wonder just how good it'll be though and how much I'll get out of it if customization is really that crappy.

natheel

Coach
Everyone in here that is saying they wont be buying it, will have a copy as soon as it comes out.

im gunna get my online gameplay sorted first i think. i rekon ill get way bored of it if i dont have it set up tbh but still excited for it

Paullyboy

Coach

To be perfectly honest, I still had every intention of buying it even without franchise despite being shocked that they could take a sport game back to 1993 standards. But then after reading about the customisation options (which was how I would have got around the no-franchise option) and realising that created players are a choice between 4 skins, with no control over basic things such as height or weight I realised that this game would have the longevity of a game of stick cricket - fun for 10 minutes, but that's it.

Now before you throw the whole "they have a small budget" excuse at me, I'm aware of this and understand it - but they lose me when they try to charge the same as a game made with a big budget.

You wouldn't pay the same money for a Datsun that you would for a Ferrari would you? You certainly wouldn't by using the excuse that the Datsun is showing potential and may one day be as good as a Ferrari, but for now it's not because it's made by a bloke who is working out of a shed, would you?

Last edited:
It is a pretty decent game if get to grips with how it plays. I have tossed and turned over picky things but Bigant have made a pretty good first crack at it and I will support them in the future.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
The way I see it, is that I and many others fork out $150 for a jersey worth about $20 to support your team and the NRL why is this any different.

nöyd

Staff member
The way I see it, is that I and many others fork out $150 for a jersey worth about $20 to support your team and the NRL why is this any different.

the difference is getting a return on your investment, value for money, which is something that someone who pays $150 for a jersey worth $20 should not lecture others about.

where did you get the idea that an NRL jersey is only worth 20 bucks?

meltiger

First Grade
Having read Paully's post, not too keen on a brand new purchase for a game without Franchise mode.

Will get it but most likely second hand in a few months.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
the difference is getting a return on your investment, value for money, which is something that someone who pays $150 for a jersey worth $20 should not lecture others about.
So you don't buy any merchandise to support your team etc?? It is all over priced

Latest posts