What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

franklin2323

Immortal
Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than RL2. In my opinion it is the best Rugby League game ever made, no joke. I'm really impressed by it now after playing it more and learning how to play it better.:cool:

Agreed very much! Game play almost perfect. the video ref has more right calls then in real life. Yes Forwards prob abit fast but they get tired heaps realistically. wait til you put a mad kick in the corner and the player can actually dive on it. or a crossfield kick and you can jump for it. The fullback comes in to the line for attacking raids. You need 2 hookers cause they can get fatigued so gameplay is so much better. I think the player attributes are perfect.

Off the field it's a bit basic like no francise mode but you couldn't change the skill level after a season anyway so it's better. Maybe add that next time and it's the perfect game LEague fans it's the game I have been waiting for

franklin2323

Immortal
What's the single season mode like mate?

Great you still get injuries and stuff unlike rl2 u can change the time of games and skill level of the game after each game. You just can't trade players but the rosters are so big for yourself it's got a few NYC players, Nasso, Amosa etc also so you have heaps of cover

Panfas

Juniors
IMO it is the best RL game made. The single player game is good without being great, and the lack of franchise mode is a real down side. For people saying it looks like RL2 you have rocks in your head. It far exceeds RL2 in both graphics and gameplay. The close up of the players are detailed and polished (no FIFA by any means). The sound on the other hand is horrendous!

The defence in RLL is very tough and it is quite hard to break the line compared to all the other versions.

The online mode is very good with NO LAG!. It has the top 100 ranked players and where you are ranked also which is a handy addition.

My overall scores:
Gameplay: 7/10
Graphics: 6/10
Sound: 4/10
Longevity: 7/10 (with online) / 4/10 (without online)
Controls: 6/10
Overall: 7/10 (not an average)

brooksy19

Bench
i ordered from Angry Ape on Thursday night, they said it left NZ on Fri. Hopefully that means ill see it today when I get home right?

natheel

Coach
I'd say it's just people trying to boycott the game man Boone has reported it on here at all

Geohood

Bench
Ive been playing for an hour and it is pretty tough, theres a bit of a learning curve and Im struggling a bit with it compared to past games. Im finding it closer to an arm wrestle than in past games, you need to make decisions early and ground isn't too easy to make. Have discovered you can grubber for the corner and keep your finger on square to make your winger/player closest run after it and triangle to dive which is a massive bonus for me :)

Can't wait to keep playing, I feel once Ive got the hang of it itll get better. It's not perfect by any means but it is and improvement on past games so far, and I'd say alot closer to rugby league with past games closer to touch footy.

Geohood

Bench
Couple of quotes from the CEO:

In reply to:
"I've clocked up nearly 25 hours already and I'd say I was getting pummeled for five of those. I'm still having tight contests on medium and dropping games. Hang in there!
The thing is, when you win or score an amazing try in rll you actually enjoy every second because its been hard earned."

>>>>

"This was our aim when developing the title, we wanted people to really earn every score and be on the edge of their seats.

Like the saying "if you feast every day you never feast" - we could have made scoring so much easier but then it would not have been as satisfying when you do."

_____

"it will review harshly (I think) and kids will have a difficult time - but our aim was for longevity, hopefully people will get many hours both locally and especially online for some time to come.

It's the choice between arcade (NBA JAM Style) and somewhat an arm-wrestle edge of the seat battle, you really can't do both at the same time. "

Last edited:

RossSymons

Juniors
Look at this no head glitch...

youtube.com/watch?v=GppabThl5-Q

How do they miss this crap?

We try to cover everything but every now and again something will slip through - happens to the best of games, even ones with huge budgets.

Madden had a US$46.5million budget - see this one without a head:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0uhvIzmD0&feature=related

(the system wont let me post links... you will need to cut & paste it - or if someone else could post it?)

Patorick

Staff member
We try to cover everything but every now and again something will slip through - happens to the best of games, even ones with huge budgets.

Madden had a US$46.5million budget - see this one without a head:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0uhvIzmD0&feature=related

(the system wont let me post links... you will need to cut & paste it - or if someone else could post it?)
Why can't you edit/update team rosters?

Will their be a patch to fix this?

Tweek

Juniors
Im enjoying the game Ross, Sure there are a couple things that could probably do with fixing but nothing game breaking.

on the whole its a bunch of fun.

thanks for finally getting a rugby league game out on xbox 360.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why can't you edit/update team rosters?

Will their be a patch to fix this?

U can go to quick game and change them with autosave on it uses them in the comp. You just can't trade players which is a problem but the game play is perfect just off field that needs work

Latest posts