What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

maccattack

Juniors
I remember a thread on the Total Rugby League forums a few years ago called Rugby League In Strange Places.

People used to write how they saw something League related in unexpected places during there travels etc.

So to kick it off:

I am reading an industry publication this morning called Manufacturers Monthly and there is an article on some award. There is a big picture of some companies 'family day' at some beach side location. I was suprised to see one of the towels on the ground is a Storm towel. Cool!

Nuke

Staff member
There was some movie a few years ago (I have no idea which movie it was as I haven't seen it, but from memory it has Jennifer Aniston in it) which -according to several people here in these forums at the time- had a guy wearing an Australian jersey in the background. I think the scene had the guy going down an escalator. Although being in the background, he was apparently easily seen and noticeable.

I suppose for me, my strangest spotting was a few years ago. I was travelling to NSW to be best man at a mate's wedding. My flight included a stopover in Melbourne for an hour or so. I had looked around the various shops in the airport, then made my way to the terminal I was to depart from. On my way there, I looked out the window and there was a Jetstar Gold Coast Titans aeroplane just sitting there! Yes, I know Melbourne has an NRL team, and I know planes are found at an airport, but I was just surprised to see an NRL painted plane in Melbourne! I suppose it was only about 7am too, so my tiredness could also have contributed to the surprise ...

mrbishi

Juniors
in 2008 going to a yankees game in new york, had my manly jeresy on, caught the train there and as im getting on a guy is getting off, made eye contact and he said "lets hope they go one better next year"... Funny thing was he had a really really strong new york accent!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I drove past Toyota Park on Saturday night, and saw what looked to be a Sharks fan, going into the ground.

eaglerock

Juniors
I drove past Toyota Park on Saturday night, and saw what looked to be a Sharks fan, going into the ground.
lol...Yeah same sort of thing, wierd but true, at my local TAB i was speaking to a guy who had put money on the sharks TO WIN..very strange

maccattack

Juniors
There was some movie a few years ago (I have no idea which movie it was as I haven't seen it, but from memory it has Jennifer Aniston in it) which -according to several people here in these forums at the time- had a guy wearing an Australian jersey in the background. I think the scene had the guy going down an escalator. Although being in the background, he was apparently easily seen and noticeable.

I suppose for me, my strangest spotting was a few years ago. I was travelling to NSW to be best man at a mate's wedding. My flight included a stopover in Melbourne for an hour or so. I had looked around the various shops in the airport, then made my way to the terminal I was to depart from. On my way there, I looked out the window and there was a Jetstar Gold Coast Titans aeroplane just sitting there! Yes, I know Melbourne has an NRL team, and I know planes are found at an airport, but I was just surprised to see an NRL painted plane in Melbourne! I suppose it was only about 7am too, so my tiredness could also have contributed to the surprise ...

Yeah I remember that movie. I got a kick out of seeing that. Nearly choked on whatever I was drinking at the time.

The movie Lantana has one of the main characters wearing a Balmain jumper too.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
When I was traveling through Europe a few years ago, I spotted a guy wearing a Newtown Jets jersey in Prague, Czech Replublic of all places.

Satsok

Juniors
souths jacket on the season of top gear just finished..

quite shocked to see that tbh..

topgearsouths.jpg

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
I was studying in Denmark and was in a bar in Copenhagen. There was a guy in an old Broncos jersey who was Danish. He had spent a couple of months in Brisbane and became a Broncos fan. Was cool talking to him about his impressions of the sport.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Back in 2000 i was with my family in Anehiem at a hotel just across the road to Disneyland and small, kinda key ring sized, eels football in the garden infront of our room.

Spud Carroll on the Jay Leno show wearing a rabbits jersey looked pretty out of place aswell

CarlU

Juniors
On mission impossible I think 2. I think a lady turns on the tv and I think the panthers were playing.

***MH***

Bench
i was watching a replay of wrestlemania 21 on leagueunlimited.com, and you could see a spectator with a rabbitohs jersey when the camera is on the centre ring angle.

maccattack

Juniors
At Docklands in Melbourne there is a mural made from broken tiles with a heap of Aussie celebs. Russell Crowe is there wearing his Souths jumper.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I saw a heap of North Sydney Bears jerseys at North Sydney Oval several weeks ago.
David Gallop was in the grandstand with a sniper's rifle trying to shoot them.

Latest posts