What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

Knightmare

Coach
In the movie 'Puberty Blues' this guy named Bruce has one of those old sparkly Cronulla-Sutherland stickers on the back window of his panel van.

In 'Muriel's Wedding' she has a Gold Coast (Seagulls) scarf hanging from her door.

In 2002 I was in Europe and on the tour bus in Paris one night I saw a bloke in the street wearing a XXXX Cowboys jersey. Saw a Broncos cap in London, then when I was at the Tower I had my Knights jersey on and heard a voice call out "Hey- get a real one!" I looked over and this bloke lifts his jumper to reveal a Dragons jersey.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Slightly off topic

If you watch the movie Pretty Women towards end where Julie Roberts moves back to that tarts house after it looked he was flying to New York or somewhere....theres a picture of Ratt on the wall in the background, my favourite Ratt pic too!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Slightly off topic

If you watch the movie Pretty Women towards end where Julie Roberts moves back to that tarts house after it looked he was flying to New York or somewhere....theres a picture of Ratt on the wall in the background, my favourite Ratt pic too!

Gay.

Raider_69

Post Whore
you will all struggle to believe this one but a few weeks ago i was flicking channel's and on channel 9, i noticed the raiders were playing. On fta! Amazing stuff really.

flamin

Juniors
I was reading an article from Los Angeles on the net about swine flu and they mentioned the Brisbane Broncos - it even said rugby league not just plain old "rugby".

Lambretta

First Grade
When I was traveling through Europe a few years ago, I spotted a guy wearing a Newtown Jets jersey in Prague, Czech Replublic of all places.

One of my best mates married a Slovakian girl and emigrated from Bondi TO Bratislava in Slovakia. He has been known to potter around town in Roosters gear.

I have worn a Roosters t-shirt in Milton Keynes. Not a place you'd normally find Rugby League merchandise.

m0j0

Bench
There was an episode of the Footy Show, I think it might have been late last year. Probably about half an hour into the episode they mentioned something about rugby league (I think).

Angry_eel

First Grade
I was walking around Cannaught Place in Delhi, India and some dude was wearing a bulldogs jersey.

Funny thing was, i had my Rugby League World cup 08 scarf on and he saw that and we both nodded to each other. :lol:

Again in India but not Rugby League. Saw some guy wearing the 'Sydney University' hoodie at Agra.

Last edited:

mightybears

Bench
When I was traveling through Europe a few years ago, I spotted a guy wearing a Newtown Jets jersey in Prague, Czech Republic of all places.

And the flip side to that story, i was in Prague November last year wearing my Paramount Shirts Jets hoodie, when someone with an English accent who was walking past, nodded and said yeah i use to love going out to Henson back then.

Last edited:

northwest9

Juniors
bump...

was just channel hopping past discovery or nat geo, a doco on a ferry in hawaii was on, apparently they had engine trouble and need to manually turn over the water jet to see if they could spot the problem. one of the blokes winding winding it over was wearing a QLD fvcktards jumper.

northwest9

Juniors
oh, and also, there is a pub in munich, and its owner is a mad dragons fan, dragons memorabilia all over the walls and roof of the place, possibly from memory, called the bondi bar??

maccattack

Juniors
driving in Melbourne today. think it was around campbellfield. A purple car drove past with the storm logo plastered all over it. rego plate was RUGB 98 Not sure if its owned by Storm or just a fan...

MsStorm

Bench
Think it was last year as I was driving to a Storm game, saw a bikee whizz past me on a Harly D. with a Storm scarf flying in the wind, probably doing 200ks a minute:)

Dragon_psa

First Grade
In 1996 I was in Thailand and was wearing my red v, when I got a couple of "Go you Dragons!" from passers by. Also spotted one local wearing a Kiwis jersey.