What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's rumoured that a very rare sighting of the NRL was made in WA last weekend, no sightings of Gallop though!

Nuke

Staff member
You beat me to it Carcharias! I came across this a few months ago (I'm a big Queen fan), and I was looking through a few things the other night and saw this again as I was about to turn the computer off.

It is most definitely an Aussie jersey, but you'll notice that the Queen Australian tour logo is on the chest where the Australian Coat Of Arms sits normally.

This is much better than when 'We Will Rock You' opened in Melbourne in 2003. AFL threw them all different teams jerseys and they all posed with them. The only one who genuinely was happy in that photo was Ben Elton because he lives here in Perth (or Fremantle I think it might actually be) and goes for the team he was wearing the jersey of. At least with that 1985 clip, Brian / Queen all decided what they all wore whenever they wanted to. Brian decided to wear an adjusted Aussie jersey which is awesome!

westie

Bench
Got a go the Maggies from a few punters walking through Camden in London the other day.

More interestingly, if you're in Barcelona this weekend, you'll stumble across 20,000 leaguies.

carcharias

Immortal
there is on old dude in a village called nkata bay in malawi ( Africa )in a sharks jersey.

He carved me a chair so I gave him my footy jumper.

I heard years later he was still wearing it.

Copa

Bench
I saw a rugby league game being played in Central Java by PNG uni students who were there studying for degrees.

Tom Ace

Bench
Was in Hofpgarten in Austria in 2006 and there is a pub around there with a bunch of League stuff (mainly Newcastle stuff) in there...Apparently the owner's a massive fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's some kids running around in an African village fully kitted out in St Helens away kits! The club donated loads of gear to a charity who passed it onto a village.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I spotted a bloke in a cowboys jersey on the train from Marseille to Paris last year. He got a bit of a shock when I piped up about it.

One of my best mates married a Slovakian girl and emigrated from Bondi TO Bratislava in Slovakia. He has been known to potter around town in Roosters gear.

I have worn a Roosters t-shirt in Milton Keynes. Not a place you'd normally find Rugby League merchandise.

I was wondering where all of the Rooster supporters had gone.:sarcasm:

Was flicking through the channels and noticed a person in the crowd of the British Golf open, standing at the front of the crowd on the first tee with a Manly Jersey.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Was watching a movie a couple years ago. It was an American movie from the 90s (i think) and in the story the main character comes to Australia and when he is in the hotel room you can see the tv in the background with a Rugby League game on and one of the teams was the Newcastle Knights. Not just that but you also hear the commentary and of course its Ray Warren. Dont know if anyone else has ever seen this though because it was like one of those late movies that starts at like midnight lol.

The Tank

Bench
Was watching a movie a couple years ago. It was an American movie from the 90s (i think) and in the story the main character comes to Australia and when he is in the hotel room you can see the tv in the background with a Rugby League game on and one of the teams was the Newcastle Knights. Not just that but you also hear the commentary and of course its Ray Warren. Dont know if anyone else has ever seen this though because it was like one of those late movies that starts at like midnight lol.

Yeah, I haven't the faintest idea what the film was about but I remember that clearly. Can't remember the film though.

sting

Bench
woah can someone please remember the film, i have the strongest feeling i've seen it recently!

GB!

Juniors
i was flicking through the foxtel channels one night and seen snoop dog doing his show (fatherhood?) in a souths bunnies jersey.
i'm pretty sure nathan merrit gave it to him when he was out here last.

maccattack

Juniors
Just now, I was watching Worlds Strictest Parents. They showed a street scene in Cork (Ireland). Im not certain but I think I saw a roosters jersey at the side of the frame. Anyone else see it?