What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If he is fit, maybe Roache starts the season as Bully works his way back from the shoulder surgery. I'd assume that he is going to be missing pre-season training due to the shoulder?

Yeah true. I read March today might be when he returns to the field, if his pre-season is stunted you'd think that'd need to be through ISP given his fitness history.

I guess with Tevaga's DallyM wing he is going to be locked into the 14 jersey and SK is going to say I told you so. However I still think we are an aggressive prop short on our roster. The finals series proved for me that the big men are far from dead in our game. To be competitive you need 4 big, fit, preferably aggressive, props.

I don't think Ah Mau, Paasi, Gavet and Afoa is that bad. Ah Mau is a proven performer. Paasi was wonderful this year, a true leader. Gavet was great last year and if he can rediscover that (he showed glimpses in the Penrith final) he's a great 3rd banana, and Afoa also started the year with a hiss and a roar (he had injuries from there, did he not?) Yeah we'd like another one with big star quality but let's start there and try and bring some more guys through - guys like SST, T Sipley etc that we should've nurtured in our own system.

And if Tevaga is a 40+ tackle bot, and cuts down his error rate, I'm all for him being our 14.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Who's taking Mannerings spot? Thought that could be Tevaga

11. Harris
12. Blair
13. ??

or is it

11. Harris
12. ??
13. Blair

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd want to see Harris, Papalii and Blair (11, 12, 13). I don't see Tevaga as a starter, more of an injection of energy around that 20-minute mark and plays big minutes if he's effective. Blair doesn't bring an incredible amount to the table but should be able to clean up around the ruck, as Mannering always did, and I don't know the vagaries of lock but if he can drift onto an edge with his offload every now and then, so be it.

8. Ah Mau 9. Luke 10. Paasi 11. Harris 12. Papalii 13. Blair 14. Tevaga 15. Gavet 16. Afoa 17. Pulu

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Yep, it's gunna be tricky next year.
Luke's important for us, but unless we're looking at bringing a big name hooker over, next year well need a spot on the bench for Roache to develop moving forward.
We also have Tevaga, who was recognised with that big award and resigned so the likelihood that he's not in the team are very very slim.
Also, Kearny has shown he is more than happy with playing with only two big men on the bench. While we've all disagreed with him, I really can't see him moving away from that.

Im positive that were gunna see a bench of Roache (or Luke when both are fit), Tevaga, Bunty and Gavet/Satae as our main interchange, barring injuries

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
With Ivan doing the Judas act on the tigers, any chance someone is touching base with Matulino about a return home??

Surely he only went over to be with Uncle Ivan.. Plus we could do with a good prop

With Ivan doing the Judas act on the tigers, any chance someone is touching base with Matulino about a return home??

Surely he only went over to be with Uncle Ivan.. Plus we could do with a good prop

On a cheap deal. He has been a shadow of his former self in recent years. I actually don't like how he carries himself and think we should only approach people that fit our new culture. If we do cheap with clauses to cover us if he plays up or uses us for a retirement payout.

BLN2

Juniors
He's a solid prop, that's it these days. Still goes missing. Seems to have the lazy/un committed attitude to his football, which is what the club is trying so hard to change.

I'd take him on a cheap deal as a bench player in a few years possibly.. If the culture has well and truly changed.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How much would Klemmer realisticly be demanding?

Is there any chance Luke's money pays for him from 2019 onwards?

Rumours have Newcastle offering 4.6mil for 4 seasons, no other team will even go near half of that !!

In other Warriors news, I see that have gone back to the future and will be running around in the DB Bitter jersey colours for home games next season

Warriors have apparently signed 2 new depth players.

Keighran from Panthers (ex-Aussie school boys half) and a reserve grader from the Dragons - apparently a back. 2nd one may or may not be a kiwi.

BLN2

Juniors
Patrick Herbert is the other, pretty sure he captained the JKs a couple years ago. Been rumoured for a while, probably Gellings replacement.

BLN2

Juniors
Now the DT has apparently said we've signed Taane Milne for 2 seasons. very interesting signing if true. We know he's a top talent, but serving drug bans is a massive put off. On a cheap contract, getting him out of Sydney may help. If true, Kata will need a good season for a new contract? Although he's been un droppable apparently so who knows.