What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
Beat me to it! Not sure the thinking here, possibly clearing a bit of space from someone? Haven't even signed a forward for next season other than Ah Mau, and seems all our good juniors are backs.

Lino and Gavet would give us a bit of cash in the bank for someone of NRL quality.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Beat me to it! Not sure the thinking here, possibly clearing a bit of space from someone? Haven't even signed a forward for next season other than Ah Mau, and seems all our good juniors are backs.

Lino and Gavet would give us a bit of cash in the bank for someone of NRL quality.

Warriors have some awesome junior forwards coming through but not sure if any ready for NRL.

If they promote one guy it is likely Tom Ale. He will be an NRL player in the near future. But not sure if 2019 is the year.

Juju

Juniors

I would definitely have kept Gavet - seemed liked he had turned his life around and I liked he brought that little bit of mongrel we tended to lack.
I suspect the money on offer at the Knights is too good.

Prop we have a bit of depth to

Ah Mau
Paasi
Bunty
Satae

Sao
Lisone
Tom Ale

BLN2

Juniors
Gavet is named in the Warriors squad just released on NRL.com

Doesn't really matter, NRL players can be released up until June (?) next year, and as of the first of November he's free to talk to who ever. He can ask for a release and we can turn it down. I just hope we sign someone to replace him, that prop list looks a starter short to me.. Still haven't seen enough of Satae to think he's a top 4 prop in the squad.

JJ

Immortal
The instagram post of Gavet's they're showing in the stories doesn't seem ambiguous!

Rich102

Staff member
Hard-running front rower James Gavet is set to make a shock departure from the Warriors to join Newcastle on a two-year deal.

The Herald understands the Warriors have released Gavet from the final year of his contract, with the paperwork expected to be finalised today.

The 29-year-old is believed to be heading to the Knights on a two-year contract.

News of his exit comes after Gavet made a cryptic social media post today suggesting his time at the Warriors was over.

"Thanks for the ride fam OUTTA-HERE !!! DONE & DONE," read Gavet's story on Instagram.

Gavet's release comes after disciplinary issues contributed to him being dropped from the Warriors side for their final round 20-16 win over Canberra on August 25.

It's understood Gavet was late to training and a couple of other club functions in the lead-up to retiring forward Simon Mannering's 300th NRL game and last home appearance at Mt Smart Stadium.

Gavet returned to the starting side for the Warriors' season-ending qualifying final loss to Penrith at ANZ Stadium in week one of the playoffs.

The Samoan international joined the Warriors in 2016 after stints at the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and Broncos.

Gavet played 42 matches throughout his time at the Auckland-based club and made 19 appearances for the Warriors last season.

Izz

Bench
News of his exit comes after Gavet made a cryptic social media post today suggesting his time at the Warriors was over.

"Thanks for the ride fam OUTTA-HERE !!! DONE & DONE," read Gavet's story on Instagram.
Seems to me that Instagram post was the opposite of cryptic...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10, I can see us making a cheeky play for zane musgrove.

Ex nz boy, can't get a look in at the bunnies who need cap space, we need a prop

Iron Lion

Juniors
Apparently we've signed Lachlan Burr from the Dogs

Interesting signing. Was once called the next SBW when at the Bulldogs. Was a player who seemingly had the world at his feet, very good offloader of the ball but then he got found out at the Titans. Had feet for hands and defensively weak. Went to UK then came back to Aus where he was the Bulldogs ISP player of the year this year and they won the comp.

Player on the up with everything to prove being 26 years old. Kind of now or never. Dude is jacked too! couldn't think of a player at the warriors more muscled up than this guy.

Warriors are stacking up the smokeys!!

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
He’s a good pick up. If the word on the street about the size of Gavets contract are true, then it’s been a good swap. Burr wasn’t in Canterbury’s top 30 which given his form was the only reason he wasn’t in first grade. I suspect he’s coming here with a point to prove.

I like it.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Sam Kasiano keen to get back on the New Zealand pies? looking possible

Wow I would be very happy with this.
Quiet season last year but would offer some great impact off the bench, bends the line well and has a good offload.

Paasi, Ah Mau, Bunty and Kasiano...not a bad rotation at all and a huge upgrade to this year's stock.

Iafeta

Referee
No thanks. Best football is passed him. Bellamy is a master of getting players who are sliding back to their best, he couldn’t with Sam. No reason whatsoever to think he would come back to peak performance here. His best days are well and truly past him.