What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that frawley wasnt on the off contract players list, does this mean he has either resigned with the broncos or signed with us......one can only wonder

Blunty

Juniors
Langers said:
I don't know anything about the guy, can someone enlighten me?

Came onto the scene with the Cowboys about the same time as Ty Williams, I felt he was the better of the two. Anyway he played in the Junior Kangaroos and Qld U17 and 19's. He is a centre mainly, but can play wing. He left the Cowboys and was apparently quitting League, until the Broncos snapped him up and he has been playing for the Clydesdales as of late.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Blunty said:
Langers said:
I don't know anything about the guy, can someone enlighten me?

Came onto the scene with the Cowboys about the same time as Ty Williams, I felt he was the better of the two. Anyway he played in the Junior Kangaroos and Qld U17 and 19's. He is a centre mainly, but can play wing. He left the Cowboys and was apparently quitting League, until the Broncos snapped him up and he has been playing for the Clydesdales as of late.

His brother Jermaine Alberts is currently playing for Balmain's Flegg side and would be close to being the leading tryscorer for this year - he also now for the last week been training with the Wests Tigers top grade squad.

Earl

Coach
I love how all players become 5 times better than what they were a week ago when a team shows intrest. The classic example is Kirk Reynoldson. All of a sudden the Newcastle papers are talking him up as one of the most under-rated players in the game :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Earl said:
I love how all players become 5 times better than what they were a week ago when a team shows intrest. The classic example is Kirk Reynoldson. All of a sudden the Newcastle papers are talking him up as one of the most under-rated players in the game :lol: :lol:

Maybe because he is an underated player :oops:

ali

Bench
Ashley Alberts was going to be a star. When Greg Bird first joined Cronulla, I remember his profile listed Albert's as his toughest oponnet. Could still be a real good player.

t-ba

Post Whore
Earl said:

So True :lol: .

Mind you, Tahu always remained an overrated and Overpayed winger in my estimations...

Y2Eel

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
Earl said:

So True :lol: .

Mind you, Tahu always remained an overrated and Overpayed winger in my estimations...

yeah you can say that now.....

to bad we cant go tahu :?

Earl

Coach
Oh don't get me wrong Reynoldson is the most under-rated foward in the game :), but 2 weeks ago did the Newcastle media, fans, admin think that???

t-ba

Post Whore
Y2Eel said:

yeah you can say that now.....

to bad we cant go tahu :?

Yep, because I said it from the Start. I still think he's a great winger, but the Roosters certainly got the better player out of the two we missed out on and are paying waaaay less. Certainly not worth anything over 200k.

Spike

First Grade
ali said:
Ashley Alberts was going to be a star. When Greg Bird first joined Cronulla, I remember his profile listed Albert's as his toughest oponnet. Could still be a real good player.

I think Shane Marteene's head may have taken over that position.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
I just noticed that frawley wasnt on the off contract players list, does this mean he has either resigned with the broncos or signed with us......one can only wonder
He's still off contract - hasn't re-signed with us yet.

According to a recent article on FoxSports, it's looking more and more likely that he will join the Raiders. His reasons being that they are offering more money then the Broncos can afford to, and because they want him to play centre (which is his preferred position).

Kiwi

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
Kiwi said:
legend said:
Craig Frawley to the Raiders. :D

The Broncos stand by the guy for 2 years while he sits on the sidelines with season ending injuries, and this might be the thanks they get for it.

I know where you're coming from, but... he wants to play centre. Apparently he used to play as a centre all the time but he was put on the wing at Brisbane out of neccessity because he has Tate, Berrigan and now Hodges next year ahead of him... so I don't think it would be about money or anything like that, it will probably come down to where he wants to play vs. loyalty for the Broncos.

And how is going to the Raiders with Mogg, Graham ect in front of him gonna help? Sounds to me like BS, just like Hodges wanting to play fullback then going to a club that had one of the best ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts