What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I Bleed Green said:
Kiwi said:
legend said:
Craig Frawley to the Raiders. :D

The Broncos stand by the guy for 2 years while he sits on the sidelines with season ending injuries, and this might be the thanks they get for it.

I know where you're coming from, but... he wants to play centre. Apparently he used to play as a centre all the time but he was put on the wing at Brisbane out of neccessity because he has Tate, Berrigan and now Hodges next year ahead of him... so I don't think it would be about money or anything like that, it will probably come down to where he wants to play vs. loyalty for the Broncos.

And how is going to the Raiders with Mogg, Graham ect in front of him gonna help? Sounds to me like BS, just like Hodges wanting to play fullback then going to a club that had one of the best ahead of him.

Who was "one of the best"? Luke Phillips? :?

Kiwi

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Kiwi said:
I Bleed Green said:
Kiwi said:
legend said:

The Broncos stand by the guy for 2 years while he sits on the sidelines with season ending injuries, and this might be the thanks they get for it.

I know where you're coming from, but... he wants to play centre. Apparently he used to play as a centre all the time but he was put on the wing at Brisbane out of neccessity because he has Tate, Berrigan and now Hodges next year ahead of him... so I don't think it would be about money or anything like that, it will probably come down to where he wants to play vs. loyalty for the Broncos.

And how is going to the Raiders with Mogg, Graham ect in front of him gonna help? Sounds to me like BS, just like Hodges wanting to play fullback then going to a club that had one of the best ahead of him.

Who was "one of the best"? Luke Phillips? :?

Luke Phillips was one of the best fullbacks in the game when Hodges agreed to join the Roosters. You may hate the Roosters, and beleive me when I say not as much as I do, but there were very few fullbacks I would have chosen ahead of him at that time.

Kiwi said:
I Bleed Green said:
Kiwi said:
legend said:

Nah mate, he'll play centre with Mogg (who has been on fire lately, but I digress).

Graham is a much better winger than a centre. Graham's not that good defensively so he's sheltered much more out on the wing.

Tahu is definitely overated and will be shown up for what he is...an overpaid glory seeking winger with no defensive skills and injuries galore.

:roll:

AJ

Juniors
Big Mick said:
oh god sea eagles are desperate.

How's Penrith going trying to hold it's players? Roberts to the Roosters, Girdler retiring, Whatuira to the Tigers.

Y2Eel

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Tahu is definitely overated and will be shown up for what he is...an overpaid glory seeking winger with no defensive skills and injuries galore.

still hurting from being beat by the tigers we see :lol:

Ben

Bench
kia ora storm said:

cant agree with you more

Blunty

Juniors
I have heard that unless Moule gets a release from Widnes, Manly won't make anymore more big signings for next year. This will in turn however allow them to buy someone of a big name nature on the market next year in the backs.

Fibroman

First Grade
AJ said:
Big Mick said:
oh god sea eagles are desperate.

How's Penrith going trying to hold it's players? Roberts to the Roosters, Girdler retiring, Whatuira to the Tigers.

We don't really need to hold all our players. Unless you forgot, we've produced a couple of reasonable players over the years from our junior base.

Fittler, Gower, Geyer, Cartwight, Waterhouse, Lewis, Rooney even Dessy Hasler. We will keep rolling them out, so there isn't really a problem. One goes, there will be another two to replace him. Lifes just a beach out in the west. :lol:

Blunty

Juniors
Big Mick said:
hasn't hazem signed with the dogs already.

He was 'definately' going to sign this week until a late offer came in, he is now 95% chance of taking that offer.

skeepe

Immortal
According to the Canberra Times, the Roosters have had informal talks with Cronulla prop Chris Beattie.

Kiwi

First Grade
skeepe said:
According to the Canberra Times, the Roosters have had informal talks with Cronulla prop Chris Beattie.

It was also reported ( I did not read the article myself ) in a paper that the Roosters offered Broncos young gun David Stagg a contract which he turned down. How true this is I don't know.

Blunty

Juniors
Williamson 2 years and Hoppa 1 at Manly.

Donnelly to be released, apparently Melbourne will get him.

Parraren

Bench
Blunty said:
Williamson 2 years and Hoppa 1 at Manly.

Donnelly to be released, apparently Melbourne will get him.

Wise move re Donnelly considering he's on $200k/season, although how much of that will Manly still have to pay if he goes to Melbourne?

He's definitely not a $200k player, perhaps Manly & Melbourne will go 50/50.

Storm are also apparently interested in Jamie Feeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts