What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

innsaneink

Referee
scottyeel said:
Too bad he hasn't been given permission to negotiate yet.;-)
Souths want Widders alongside Vagana

Stuart Honeysett June 20, 2006

SOUTH SYDNEY continued its aggressive recruitment drive for next season by meeting Parramatta utility forward Dean Widders yesterday.

The Rabbitohs met the skilful Country representative after announcing New Zealand and Cronulla centre Nigel Vagana had signed with the club for the next two seasons.
Widders, 26, was given permission to talk to other clubs after being told by the Eels they could not squeeze him in under their salary cap for next season. He could be announced as the Rabbitohs' next big signing before the end of the week.
"We've got permission to talk with Dean now and we've had a meeting with him so we'd like to think there's an opportunity there," Souths' chief executive Shane Richardson said last night.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19524029-5003340,00.html

Big Mick

Referee
I reckon Henry is taking Hannay, Lillyman and Cooper down with him.

I believe you about Lillyman...I just get the feeling the other two will head down as well.

legend

Coach
With Mogg leaving Hanny can walk right into one of the centre roles. Not sure if we need two more forwards though. Backs are our main priority this year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Earl said:
Greg Bird :arrow: Melbourne

Do you know what they've offered or is this just taken from the snippet in the Sunday paper? I ask because I know what Cronulla have offered which is already "overs" IMO

Frenzy.

Immortal
Forget the above. Bird has inked a contract with Cronulla. I wasn't in the Sharks after game presentations last week but those who were confirm that it was announced then.

Vicious

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Forget the above. Bird has inked a contract with Cronulla. I wasn't in the Sharks after game presentations last week but those who were confirm that it was announced then.

If he signed for the $500,000 over 3 seasons that`s been mentioned, then the Sharks got an absolute bargain.

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters are still HEAVILY linked to:

Justin Poore
Ashton Sims
Nate Myles
Roy Asotasi

And to a lesser extent:

Daryl Millard
Stuart Fielden

super_coach

First Grade
This must be the best few weeks a year if your chooks supporter.You get to see the names of the 10 new players,who are about to fill their pockets with gold and climb onto the football scrap heap.Every year its the same

Its like the kid in the lolly shop who wants the lot.Just maybe if they had a recruitment plan and targeted players who wanted to play footy and postions they needed they might do a little better.

Maybe they should try and buy some team spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts