What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
cussy said:
Sparrow is Kimmorley and Orford another under Mimis??If so can we see a pattern happening here.People like Mimis is whats wrong with the game today.Fair enough the players need to get the best deal BUT to prolong negotiating a contract this long is crazy, he is trying to bleed clubs dry.He did the same with Gasnier tempting him to break his contract with the Dragons to get the money with Wigan,before that he strung the Dragons along before he originally put pen to paper.IMO that the managers are the ones at fault here.

Hear hear, player managers are becoming a scourge on the game. We need some clubs who are confident in their playing depth to team up and call the bluffs on some of this ridiculous stuff. But clubs working together for the good of the game - will probably never happen :?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
cussy said:
Sparrow is Kimmorley and Orford another under Mimis??If so can we see a pattern happening here.People like Mimis is whats wrong with the game today.Fair enough the players need to get the best deal BUT to prolong negotiating a contract this long is crazy, he is trying to bleed clubs dry.He did the same with Gasnier tempting him to break his contract with the Dragons to get the money with Wigan,before that he strung the Dragons along before he originally put pen to paper.IMO that the managers are the ones at fault here.

Yep and Ross is under Mimis as well.

Often you can look to long negotitations and over payments and find Mimis in the background.

Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Not anymore :lol:

Orford => Storm seems to be the go.

Funny how he hasn't been branded a mercenary like Kimmorley was. This is every bit as money hungry :lol:
Actually he has. At least by Storm supporters who are sick of his seemingly endless, needless, and pointless continuous dragging of contract talks two years running.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ben Cross :arrow: Cowboys

but could easily go elsewhere... apparently he is in reasonable demand.
Im a big crossy fan but in demand... jeez prop stocks must be at an all time low

smeghead

Bench
He is a good toiler and in all honesty would be a very good bench prop for the Cowboys with the loss of the great Rahoohoo next year

Raider_69

Post Whore
looks to be a done deal also, the article:

THE North Queensland Cowboys may have found the man to help bolster their front-row stocks for next season with hard-hitting Canberra prop Ben Cross emerging as a strong chance to join the club.

Football manager Peter Parr last night confirmed a formal offer had been made to Cross, 26, after the towering prop was spotted at the Cowboys' base at Dairy Farmers Stadium yesterday.

Parr said Cross, a 191cm, 112kg front-rower, had inspected the club's facilities and had met with coaching staff before flying back to Canberra last night.

Parr said he was hopeful the club had done enough to lure the Batemans Bay junior, on what is expected to be either a two or three-year deal, and added the Cowboys were anticipating a decision from his manager Steve Stone within the next 48 hours.

"We're pretty hopeful of a decision sooner rather than later," he said.

"He's in demand with a few clubs but I'm hopeful we've done enough to get him."

Despite being in his mid-20s, Cross was only picked up by the Raiders out of the local Canberra competition three years ago and has played 18 National Rugby League games since making his debut in 2003.

"He certainly has some size and a presence and if we can coerce him to come here we think he would be the right fit for us," Parr said.

"He's got a presence about him and he plays his football very aggressively."

http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,15987824%5E14793,00.html

hmmm the more i think about it the more gutted i am, he was a great bloke and when on song a top front rower
Cross is my favourite player, i got a banner for him and all
I hope the cowboys can get the best of out of him and he plays alot of FG
:cry:

Raider_69

Post Whore
that would be awesome, at least then id get to see him more but to me it looks like the cowboys is all but a done deal. He'll fancy his chances too getting a gig there, not much in ways of prop roatition with Tronc being mehish these days and Rauhihi leaving

Corbin

Juniors
Load of CRAP! Fielden WILL NOT be coming too the roosters because we are still under the cap but if we got Fielden... oh sh*t we would be dead...

melon....

Coach
George Rose Roosters => Manly
Danny Williams Roosters => Souths...this kid had potential....now he's career is finished.

Souths....the spare parts shed for The Roosters.

melon.... said:
George Rose Roosters => Manly
Danny Williams Roosters => Souths...this kid had potential....now he's career is finished.

Souths....the spare parts shed for The Roosters.

signing stuart fielden are you? c**k a doodle

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well I got Orford wrong 1000 times over :lol:

Here's todays - all rumoured Shark moves.

Cameron Ciraldo => Bulldogs
Ryan McGoldrick => Still tlking Knights but UTC in the frame now
Thomas Gemmel => Souths
Russell Aitken => Dragons

Franko

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Well I got Orford wrong 1000 times over :lol:

Here's todays - all rumoured Shark moves.

Cameron Ciraldo => Bulldogs
Ryan McGoldrick => Still tlking Knights but UTC in the frame now
Thomas Gemmel => Souths
Russell Aitken => Dragons

Who is Thomas Gemmel?

Franko

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
already knew that.

We let Ross and Galuvao go to sign this kid and he f**ks off.

Well done Penrith Management.

I have a question. I don't know if the Roosters are rorting the salary cap or not. They have obvioulsy built a very strong and proffesional club over the last decade or so. It just concerns me a little that the Roosters have off loaded some good players, however have attracted just as good or better to the club. The other thing i can't workout is why Penrith have had to let so many good players go without being able to afford anyone of class because of the cap. I know Penrith had 3 or 4 class kids come up like Lewis and Rooney etc. But they have had to let go about 5 class players.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts