What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko

Juniors
chub said:
whats happened to Joey Williams??

On the outer . Apparently shooting his mouth off a bit at the club.
In an ironic twist Manly went after him last year, if they got him we might now have Orford.

Franko

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
1. Beau Champion, 2. Luke MacDougall, 3. Adam MacDougall,4. Buddy Gordon, 5. Shannon Hegarty, 6. John Sutton, 7. Sean Long (if you get him), 8. Peter Cusack, 9. Stuart Webb, 10. Scott Geedes, 11. Joe Galuvao, 12. Luke Stuart, 13. Ben Rogers
RES: 14. Jaimain Lowe, 15. Mark Minichello, 16. Manese Manukafua, 17. David Fa'alogo

You put that team on the park and you will be 10 times better.

Beau Champion does not want to be a utility, he does not want to be a five-eight, he does not want to be a centre or halfback. he loves fullback. He loves running with the ball in hand, and he is one of best talents i've seen in a while, plus I don't think Todd Polglase will be at Souths unfortunately.

I think Mark Minichello would be ineffective at lock and must be coming off the bench. Ben Rogers is an 80 minute player and was used in the wrong way at Penrith. he's a ball playing lock and should be used in that fashion at Souths. I personally don't see him as anything special and see Shannon McPherson overtaking him sooner rather than later.

I must admit i like the look of Champion and MacPherson.

Franko

Juniors
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
After a couple of wins and some mediocre signings they came out of the
wood-work..........

Yes Johnny more educated comments!! Well done you always chime in with thoughts that count.

At least your team is signing some youth, my teams two biggest
Signing are a 31 year old half back, that every time he runs onto the field anyone involved with the club has their fingers crossed (but is the best player in the known universe). And an old broken down front rower, whose best days were 5-8 years ago with Canberra.

Regarding my comment about the winger playing outside of Moule, Moule is famous for hardly ever pasing the ball to his winger at the Storm, so what I mean was, I feel sorry for the winger outside of him. He and Steven Bell are similar that way, also in that they're both very good centers bordering on Origin selections yet never got picked.

sharkadelic

Juniors
The cat is officially out of the bag. Darren Albert has signed with the Sharks. Thank God it wasn't Brett Dallas...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
All that about Albert can be ignored. Smokescreen.

Terms with the Sharks for 2006-07 have been agreed to - just needs a release now which probably won't happen till St Helens secure a replacement.

It's looking good for Sharks fans.

I'm on fire this year!! :lol:

Who's keeping score??

Vagana => Warriors is weak BTW.
Rogers => Sharks is definitely on the agenda now but is going to be hard to swing
Goldy => Knights/UTC is now 50/50 at best. Sharks now looking to retain him.
Long => Souths getting a lot of talk time in the UK

Tim Brasher

Juniors
IVe heard that Sharks half Russ Aitken has been talking to the Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra and the Bunnies. Captain you may be able to help out with this one...

Esoj

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
that's only the coach's opinion though.

and he has no influence over who gets picked. He is not consulted at all even though he coaches the players. He may not have the final say but i think the management would ask him for his opinon on players.

Has atiken been offered a new contract yet? I think there was talk he would not be getting a new contract. no doubt the captain will be able to shed some light on this

sharkadelic

Juniors
Hey Cap, Did I hear you mention the sharks had re-signed Mellars. Do we really want to outlay anything at all on McGoldrick? I would rather see Vagana stay. Or Rogers come back. (If we can afford it) I see Aitken as the natural successful to "On Bikes" so him leaving would be a tragedy.Unless young Tony CAine is about to step up.

Esoj said:
and he has no influence over who gets picked. He is not consulted at all even though he coaches the players. He may not have the final say but i think the management would ask him for his opinon on players.
Just to clear things up, this is about this article right?
[size=+1]Anderson Rebuffs Long Speculation[/size] [size=-1] - [/size][size=-1]Newsteam @ 17:54 GMT[/size]
Coach Daniel Anderson has rebuffed claims from Australia linking scrum-half Sean Long with a move to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

"I find it hard to believe that he will leave", Anderson said. "I can see Sean being at Saints next season and the season after. He is a vital member of the team."

That's his opinion. It doesn't mean Long will stay or leave. He may want to stay, he may want to leave but what the coach believes may not necessarily correspond to what the player wants to do. If he does want to leave and the offer is attractive enough, he may just do that regardless what the coach said. Oh, the coach said he's not leaving, he must be staying then :roll:

I don't particularly care if he leaves or stays but I find it hilarious that someone can be convinced just because the coach doesn't think he will leave it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.