What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotti

Bench
The Colonel said:
Can you provide some links..... thanks
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news_article.asp?id=%2010327597%202005-07-11T10:41:00%202006-07-11T10:41:00%20%20B%20true%20false%20Calleb%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Macleod%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20<br>%2011-Jul-2005%2010:41:45%20calleb@nextgen.net%202005-07-11T10:41:45%20calleb@nextgen.net%202005-07-11T10:41:45, http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=114776&page=1, http://forum.mightyeagles.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42203&whichpage=1, http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050215/2/3cnx.html need more?

bartman

Immortal
Rumours from UK league newspapers this week:

Aaron Moule - being chased by Souths and Salford, if Widnes are relegated
Francis Meli - St Helens and Warrington are interested
Jerome Guisset - French player set to return home from Wigan to Les Catalans for next year

Franko

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
Aaron Moule --> Souths?????

havn't they got enough hack backs already?

It's always been our weekeness though. Our depth has always been bad. There is no harm in adding to our backline depth.

Big Mick

Referee
yeah but you've got Troy Boston coming up, you'll have Todd Polglase outside the 17, Paul Mellor wont be in the 17. Shane Elford might not be when everyone is fit. You've got handy depth already there me thinks.

Franko

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
Great try scorer he is. Shame about the winger next to him.

Who Luke MacDougall? Scores nearly a try a match. And Nathan Merritt will do the same next year. Mellor has also been known to score a try.

With Sutton feeding them they will get plenty more tries next year.

Big Mick

Referee
Franko said:
Who Luke MacDougall? Scores nearly a try a match. And Nathan Merritt will do the same next year. Mellor has also been known to score a try.

With Sutton feeding them they will get plenty more tries next year.

He was refering to Aaron Moule

Franko

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
He was refering to Aaron Moule

I think he was referring to the winger next to Moule who i think he meant would be he meant Hegarty?! I jus brought up MacDougall as a comeback!

Franko said:
I think he was referring to the winger next to Moule who i think he meant would be he meant Hegarty?! I jus brought up MacDougall as a comeback!

I'd have Hegarty before Merritt.
Elford is a good buy all they need is a 7 and if Sean Long comes to Souths and combines well with Sutton there backline will get there chance.

A. McDougall
L. McDougall
Elford
Gordon
Hegarty
Sutton
Long

Would be very solid Mr Franko.

Franko

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
I'd have Hegarty before Merritt.
Elford is a good buy all they need is a 7 and if Sean Long comes to Souths and combines well with Sutton there backline will get there chance.

A. McDougall
L. McDougall
Elford
Gordon
Hegarty
Sutton
Long

Would be very solid Mr Franko.

Why thank you Mr Rooster.

Not a bad backline indeed. I would still like to have Polglase at Fullback, he has got better with every game.

I would probably go more with

1. Polglase
2. L MacDougall
3. A MacDogall if fit / Mellor or Gordon
4. Elford
5. Hegarty

6. Sutton
7. ??

Big Mick

Referee
If you do not have Buddy Gordon in your starting team...you have rocks in your head..Sorry, but you guys have a 100% record when he STARTS in the centres.

Franko

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
If you do not have Buddy Gordon in your starting team...you have rocks in your head..Sorry, but you guys have a 100% record when he STARTS in the centres.

They have 100% strike rate with me not attending games this year as well. People are paying me to stay away.

Franko

Juniors
Panthers_God said:
Souths are just signing randoms. I really dont get what they are trying to do there.

Well i will have a go at that one for you.

Stu Webb - Good young hooker which sticks to our youth policy.

Jamain Lowe - Good young prop who will get a better chance at Souths , again sticks to the youth policy.

Galuvao - Very good forward at his best. Adds great experience and an impact forward which we have been missing.

Ben Rogers - Very exciting buy. A few clubs were after him and he was touted as a super star. ( He is my best of the buys ) Can see him slotting in to Harrisons spot.

Paul Mellor - Adds experience and depth to our backline which we have lacked. Also because Richarsdon is big on local junior talent at the club.

Nathan Merritt - Very exciting young player again bringing him home. adding depth to backline.

Shane Elford - Experienced player adding depth to the backline.

Balin Cuples - Can't really explain this one. I guess a cheap buy and Richardson sees something that he will add in the backs.

Ok there are no Orfords or Anastas but a good mix of youth and experienced players. Bringing back some local juniors and adding good depth to the backline.

Really looking at it the only major loss was Ashley Harrison, which don't get me wrong is like losing a member of the family. Fletch has give his best but he is winding down and we need youth.

We have re-signed Stuart, Minnichello, Geddes, L MacDougall and 7 of our best local talent.

The few rumours that are still floating around are M Monaghan, Sean Long and Aaron Moule .
Monaghan is a very good player. Moule is a class act and Long an International half back.

In the grand scheme of things i don't think it has been a bad silly season for Souths.

Next years side will possibly look like this and it's not to bad.

1. Polglase
2. L MacDougall
3. A MacDougall
4. Elford / Mellor / Gordon
5. Hegarty

6. Sutton ( future rep player )
7. ? could be our problem although Moran was improving before being injured.

13. Minnichello
12. Stuart
11. Galuvao
10. Cusack
9. Webb
8. Geddes

With

Merritt
MacPherson
Champion
Manakafoua
Rogers
Boston
Lowe
Faalago
Young
Paulson
Greenfield

I honestly believe we are heading in the right direction, mainly because of the local talent we have kept this time.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Beau Champion, 2. Luke MacDougall, 3. Adam MacDougall,4. Buddy Gordon, 5. Shannon Hegarty, 6. John Sutton, 7. Sean Long (if you get him), 8. Peter Cusack, 9. Stuart Webb, 10. Scott Geedes, 11. Joe Galuvao, 12. Luke Stuart, 13. Ben Rogers
RES: 14. Jaimain Lowe, 15. Mark Minichello, 16. Manese Manukafua, 17. David Fa'alogo

You put that team on the park and you will be 10 times better.

Beau Champion does not want to be a utility, he does not want to be a five-eight, he does not want to be a centre or halfback. he loves fullback. He loves running with the ball in hand, and he is one of best talents i've seen in a while, plus I don't think Todd Polglase will be at Souths unfortunately.

I think Mark Minichello would be ineffective at lock and must be coming off the bench. Ben Rogers is an 80 minute player and was used in the wrong way at Penrith. he's a ball playing lock and should be used in that fashion at Souths. I personally don't see him as anything special and see Shannon McPherson overtaking him sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.