What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_mike

Juniors
heard a few of a courier at work today. reckon there 95% true. but he is a courier

ryan cross gonskies to the western force
Willie tonga gone to the cowboys
Reni Matua and Roy asotasi gone to the chooks
John Lang gone to souths

who knows

NK Arsenal

Juniors
The thing goin around my skool is 'Dont you find it suss that the other week mundine was talking to russell crowe the other week, he may be goin 2 league if he loses the fite against danny green'.

reptar

Juniors
novacastrian_panther said:
The thing goin around my skool is 'Dont you find it suss that the other week mundine was talking to russell crowe the other week, he may be goin 2 league if he loses the fite against danny green'.

Souths couldn't cope with Chris Walker's ego, how on earth could they cope with Mundine's?

Crusher

Coach
novacastrian_panther said:

he has a 'get out clause in his boxing contract as follows'

In the event of being asswipped the australian boxing association will allow you to join Souths

Pigskin

Juniors
fat_mike said:
heard a few of a courier at work today. reckon there 95% true. but he is a courier

ryan cross gonskies to the western force
Willie tonga gone to the cowboys
Reni Matua and Roy asotasi gone to the chooks
John Lang gone to souths

who knows

these are interesting

I don't think John Lang is what Souths are after, they need to break the piggy bank and simply hire the best coach around ... whoever that may be

Willie Tonga in the Cowboys backline ... :shock:

who cares about Cross :?

Asotasi perhaps ... but what do the chooks need Maitua for ... tards :oops:

Oink !

cainen

Juniors
Pigskin said:
I don't think John Lang is what Souths are after, they need to break the piggy bank and simply hire the best coach around ... whoever that may be

He pretty much would be the best coach around who is available for next year I would have thought.

Pigskin

Juniors
is he going to attract top line players to the club ? i wouldn't have thought so

thats all i meant

he has the respect of all in the RL community ... but is not an incentive ... sorta neutral

spend whatever it takes to get a top notch coach, which obviously doesn't count toward your cap

thats how you get out of the cellar, spend money ... Souths claim they don't have it ... its the chicken and egg

Oink !

colonel_123

Juniors
Pigskin said:
is he going to attract top line players to the club ? i wouldn't have thought so

thats all i meant

he has the respect of all in the RL community ... but is not an incentive ... sorta neutral

spend whatever it takes to get a top notch coach, which obviously doesn't count toward your cap

thats how you get out of the cellar, spend money ... Souths claim they don't have it ... its the chicken and egg

Oink !

But as you said, the best coach around. Who else is there, that's available and a better coach then Lang?

I don't think that Souths, no matter how much money they're willing to throw out there are going to get someone like Ricky Stuart, Craig Bellamy or Tim Sheens to break their contracts with their existing clubs and up and go to Souths...

Of the available coaches I'd prefer Lang to Chris Anderson...

Roy

Juniors
i dont think the cowboys can afford tonga but if they did, it would be the best backline in the comp.

1.bowen
2.williams
3.tonga
4.bowman
5.sing

thats f**king incredible

Nevcost

Juniors
The cowboys might be able to afford Tonga, if they don't reknew Hannay's contract and he heads to the Titans

fat_mike

Juniors
the salary cap going up would one way clubs will be able to afford players. that and the talent being released.

as a chook fan i'd be very stoked to see an asotasi/morley front row. reni would aslo be a good pick up. throw him in the centres with soliola.

boonboon

Juniors
does anyone really believe Ricky Stuart is a better coach then Jonh Lang or Shaun McRae for that matter. What south need is
1. Consistency - in coaches, admin,
2. Improved rescources - off the field, players do better with better rescources of all kind
3. Once they have this under control then improve your playing stock with the right players not just any

Scoddy

Juniors
Hannay won't be at the Titans.Hannay apparently has been dragging the chain during pre - season and rehab and has skin fold issues.I doubt that Billy Johnston will want to deal with that at the Titans.
ESL would be my tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.