What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10972

Mate the Roosters are struggling for forward depth. I'd rather the old brigade of Cayless, Yak, Moz & Crocker over the blokes we got right now.

D

Deleted member 10972

Stan's Number 1 Fan!!! said:
How you do lot rate Vatuvei?

PS - Kimmorely ------> SL (cough cough Bradford)

Vatuvei = when one on one with a winger & he has safely tucked the ball under his hand, or when he is running onto at attacking kick into the opponents in-goal, he is simply devastating. Breaks tackles, can make even solid defensive wingers (i.e. Anthony Quinn, near the end of 2005) look like an absolute fool. Very fast too. However, his defensive positioning is poor, & he has THE FUMBLES. Grubber a ball behind him & he will not bend his knees, but try & reach down & scoop it up with his hands, but panics & drops it alot. He is also fallible againt defusing bombs. Similar to Tame Tupou of Brisbane, although Tame is a bit more solid, not as completely devastating at full potential, but less errors.

Both have awesome kick returns though. Imagine NZ with two 110 kg freight train wingers returning the ball at that pace (i hear both do the 100m in around 12 seconds?)

As for Kimmorley, i hope he goes to Bradford so Chris Anderson doesn't try & pick him up.

D

Deleted member 10972

Bazal said:
Michael Lett ---> Parramatta....is he the Roosters winger?

Yes, young talented speedster with loads of potential. As usual, Roosters let go a player in a position we are relatively weak in, wing. Stupid stupid loss IMO, talented player who never got a fair oppurtunity under Ricky.

Parra have also signed McConkie Tauasa. Ex-Roosters PL winger, strong & nuggety, fast, but has defensive issues along with high ball issues, much like Utai. Was linked to Wests Tigers at the end of 2005, but went to Central Comets. A good signing, might force Lett into the centres.

Bazal

Post Whore
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Yes, young talented speedster with loads of potential. As usual, Roosters let go a player in a position we are relatively weak in, wing. Stupid stupid loss IMO, talented player who never got a fair oppurtunity under Ricky.

Parra have also signed McConkie Tauasa. Ex-Roosters PL winger, strong & nuggety, fast, but has defensive issues along with high ball issues, much like Utai. Was linked to Wests Tigers at the end of 2005, but went to Central Comets. A good signing, might force Lett into the centres.

Yeah I heard about young McConkie. Is Lett confirmed, or just a rumour at this stage? Because if he is the guy I'm thinking of this will be a great signing...

spider

Coach
Stan's Number 1 Fan!!! said:
How you do lot rate Vatuvei?

PS - Kimmorely ------> SL (cough cough Bradford)

The guy gets ESL offers EVERY year.

His misus is due very soon. Plus his new home he is building.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Inferno said:
Bird is going nowhere, he just signed this year for 3 years.

Not only that, he gets the heebie jeebies if he has to move more than 5 kilometres from Northies.

This Year?

Immortal
I read in the Sunday Telecrap that Shaun Timmins may be going to the Titans............I know the Telecrap doesn't have much credibility but there could be something in it.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Alot of their squad arent really first graders, just fringe players looking for an opportunity. (And a couple that just want to live on the coast)

Sanchez

Coach
they still have 1st grade experience. and what about debuting some local talent. they need no more players

Bench
Farah to stay at the Wests Tigers until 2010.
Farah to stay a Tiger for love not money
Glenn Jackson
October 4, 2006

Latest related coverage

• IN DEMAND hooker Robbie Farah says he is prepared to knock back more money to stay at the Wests Tigers and is expected to re-sign with the club until the end of 2010.

Talks between the Tigers and Farah's management continued yesterday, with both parties expecting he would this week agree to a three-year extension of his current deal, which ends at the end of next season.
"There's a few more little issues there but it's looking positive," Farah said. "My first choice is to re-sign - I love the club. I've never wanted to leave all along. As long as both parties sort things out, I'll be staying."
Asked if he would be knocking back more money to stay with the Tigers, the 22-year-old said: "You could say that. But the terms that we're talking about, I'm happy with. I'm not about money anyway.
"As long as I'm happy with the club, there's no need to move. Dollars aren't everything. I've had great times at the club. I won a comp last year, and that brought us all a bit closer. I've been under [coach] Tim Sheens all my first-grade career, and I see myself developing under his guidance. It'd be very hard to leave the club."
Farah, who played in the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea last Saturday, is planning to leave for a holiday in Hawaii with some of his Tigers teammates next Tuesday and wants to have his future decided well before then.
The Tigers, who yesterday re-signed centre Dean Collis until the end of 2009, hope an announcement may be made as early as today.
Farah had been linked to a $1.2 million switch to the Bulldogs, with his manager, Sam Ayoub, saying two NRL clubs had shown significant interest.
Gold Coast managing director Michael Searle, meanwhile, said there were still "lots of factors" to be addressed before former Dragons lock Shaun Timmins could be signed by the club.
Searle met Timmins yesterday in Wollongong; however, any decision from either party is still at least three weeks away.
Searle also hinted he would not consider a move by Melbourne to offer the Titans financial compensation in exchange for allowing winger Steve Turner to remain with the Storm.
Australia's injury-hit Tri-Nations campaign met another snag yesterday, with Melbourne's medical staff informing ARL officials that hooker Cameron Smith was unlikely to be fit for the crucial first game, leaving Shaun Berrigan to fill the role.
Smith suffered bruising to the ribs and a badly corked thigh in the Storm's grand final loss to Brisbane on Sunday that are expected to rule him out of the October 14 clash with New Zealand.
Smith, who last night won Melbourne's player-of-the-year award, will be assessed again by Storm officials today before he travels to Sydney for the Kangaroos' medical tomorrow.
The Kangaroos have been hit by a host of injury withdrawals in recent weeks, including Luke Bailey Jason Ryles, Matt Cooper Steve Simpson and Eric Grothe.
Danny Buderus pulled out of the squad because of the impending birth of his baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.