What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUMOUR: Willie Mason a Tiger

macnaz

Staff member
I dont know what he has left in the tank but to be fair to Willie he played good at the Cowboys last year.

Last edited:

Matchball

Bench
Put him on $500 a week and pay him performance bonuses.
He could be quite handy off the benchbecause he was only ever good for 30 mins a game in his prime.

If this is true, Humphries is even stupider than I thought. I wouldn't have him at the club if he was paying us.

super_coach

First Grade
Dumb,dumb move, just when you think we have some real smart people calling the shots at tiger town we get linked to one of the most negative role model the game has ever known. He has been in or around most of the mud in the game for the past decade. DON'T DO IT.

macnaz

Staff member
I cant recall him being involved in any dramma's for years now, correct me tho if im wrong.

Skitz68

Juniors
Hey , The bloke has a prescence on the football field and he's there to play footy .
i dont think he's been in trouble for while now , most of it was bull$#!+ media hype anyway . The game need characters . I say give him a go . Definitely make our forward pack
one of the more dominant ones in 2012 .

macnaz

Staff member
Galloway , Mason, Ellis and Blair all on the field should be able the dent even the best opposition :)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i think it's a good thing that you guys got rid of robert lui..

afterall, in addition to the alleged domestic issues he has, he seemed to be consuming about $1.5m per year of your salary cap..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, and the rest.

serious though, how did we afford Chisholm, let alone Mason?

super_coach

First Grade
I cant recall him being involved in any dramma's for years now, correct me tho if im wrong.

Mate the chooks were a rabble on and off the field when he was their and a lot of people were saying he was in the middle of it. Than his a year at the cowboys, they had some major dramas on and off the field and once again people were saying Big Willie was close to the action.

I cant come out and say he was involved in any particular incident as I dont have any proof, but I do know that every club he goes to seems to have discipline problems on and off the field and we dont need that. If it was Todd Carney I might take a punt as he is around the peak of his career, but big Willie he is over the hill and nearly at the bottom. Its a no brainer really the risks are to great for the little reward you may get

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only real reason you take on an ageing player is for experience and to help younger blokes out.

We don't want or need his 'experiences' and our young blokes don't need any of his help.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It's not like the Tigers even need any more second rowers. What the hell would he be good for? Taking the boys up the Cross late at night?

Latest posts