What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Because the disloyal grub wanted too much money?

It is quoted in today's herald that this years salary cap is $5.8 million. I haven't heard that confirmed as yet but the quoted figure was in reference to why the Roosters have managed to sign the big 4 - SBW, Maloney, O'Donnell and Jennings.
Are you seriously suggesting that for this years cap, where we wanted Folau valued at 250 k's to fit under it, that we were already paying our playing roster somewhere in the vicinity $5.55 million?
In regards to Folau, I think we were royally screwed by Schubert and his f**king loyalist gophers.

Suity

PS. I also believe that it was Folau's manager that was the grub.

Gronk

Staff member
It is quoted in today's herald that this years salary cap is $5.8 million. I haven't heard that confirmed as yet but the quoted figure was in reference to why the Roosters have managed to sign the big 4 - SBW, Maloney, O'Donnell and Jennings.
Are you seriously suggesting that for this years cap, where we wanted Folau valued at 250 k's to fit under it, that we were already paying our playing roster somewhere in the vicinity $5.55 million?
In regards to Folau, I think we were royally screwed by Schubert and his f**king loyalist gophers.

Suity

I think it's pretty clear that the delay caused by Schubert to agree on the nominal value AND the confusion about the actual 2013 cap amount allowed Izzy to become frustrated and look elsewhere. I don't think there is any doubt that he would have signed with us in week one if the above were sorted by the NRL.

bartman

Immortal

I don't think this year's cap was known/confirmed during our Folau negotiations, and we were being held to an agreed $5mil estimate at the time? That's why the Roosters only very recently snared O'Donnell and Jennings, once the actual cap for this season was declared.

Basically imo, if Folau had really wanted to play for us (or for our code), he would have waited it out like those guys and eventually got the money he wanted.

Suity

No doubt the player manager was a grub, I don't think I've come across an exception to that theory! But I also think Folau was just after a certain $ figure, and when he couldn't get it from us before Christmas after breaking his AFL contract, happily had his manager find yet another code for his desired $. No loyalty, no specific desire, no great loss imo.

Noise

Coach
I remember during the back half of last year people on here saying dong worry there are still heaps of uncontracted players still unsigned for 2013. Well we ended up with sweet f**k all of them. I hope our recruitment starts earlier this year

Noise

Coach
We were also told it would b poor cap management if we had heaps of room left in our cap in December/January . Do you think the roosters fans are pissed at their poor cap management that allowed them Jennings sonny bill and odonnell?

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't think this year's cap was known/confirmed during our Folau negotiations, and we were being held to an agreed $5mil estimate at the time?

Who was it agreed by? You? No one knew what the amount would be. Everyone knew it was going to increase regardless. If anyone knew it was going to be 5.8 million, it SHOULD have been Schubert at that stage, considering he was dealing with a unique circumstance regarding a player that would have put bums on seats and increased revenue throughout the game. The whole situation was a f**king shambles, and those responsible should have been held accountable, including Schubert himself.

Basically imo, if Folau had really wanted to play for us (or for our code), he would have waited it out like those guys and eventually got the money he wanted.

Good to know that you know what goes on inside Folau's head. Keep us up to date please.

No doubt the player manager was a grub, I don't think I've come across an exception to that theory! But I also think Folau was just after a certain $ figure, and when he couldn't get it from us before Christmas after breaking his AFL contract, happily had his manager find yet another code for his desired $. No loyalty, no specific desire, no great loss imo.

Read the SMH lately? The Waratahs are laughing, after he has been the standout in their first three trials. I'd forgotten how good he could be. At the time, I thought the same as you. I now reckon we've lost a money spinner. And yes, I blame the salary cap auditors and the NRL in general.
Imagine the positive coverage and the anticipation leading into this season if he was on our roster, as he should be? Monumental f**k up.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember during the back half of last year people on here saying dong worry there are still heaps of uncontracted players still unsigned for 2013. Well we ended up with sweet f**k all of them. I hope our recruitment starts earlier this year

What are you on about? We have 33 players contracted for next year, and that's after releasing half a dozen that were still under contract. We have enough players for 2013. Why do merkins keep going on about it? Our recruiting for this year was over months ago. These blokes were all signed into our first grade squad:

Kenny Edwards
Matthew Eisenhuth
Daniel Harrison
Darcy Lussick
Lorenzo Ma’afu
Api Pewhairangi
Semi Radradra
Vai Toutai
Brayden Willieme

Five of them were signed from the NYC. Any of this bunch could explode and show us how good Peter Nolan really is.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were also told it would b poor cap management if we had heaps of room left in our cap in December/January . Do you think the roosters fans are pissed at their poor cap management that allowed them Jennings sonny bill and odonnell?

I reckon Roosters management knew Jennings and SBW were on their way a long time ago. That's why they had room.

As for O'Donnell, he only came into the frame when the revised salary cap was made known. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Chooks knew about that before most other clubs either.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Folau should be here. The salary cap increase wa handled very poorly by the NRL. I should have been decided 12 months ago.

Suitman

Post Whore
What are you on about?

Kenny Edwards
Matthew Eisenhuth
Daniel Harrison
Darcy Lussick
Lorenzo Ma’afu
Api Pewhairangi
Semi Radradra
Vai Toutai
Brayden Willieme

Five of them were signed from the NYC. Any of this bunch could explode and show us how good Peter Nolan really is.

LOL.

I'm on about the fact that Folau should be in OUR game, and not someone else's. By golly by gosh, I think I could live with the fact that we decided to rid ourselves of Vai Toutai, if we signed Isreal instead. Are YOU seriously telling me that we are pushing the 5.8 million cap this season?
The Roosters just let a few players go. Why couldn't we have at the time?

Suity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts