What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
There's lots of jerseys up for grabs I reckon. It's looking good for our depth, and Stuart might bring some different structures and ideas about positions than we have had before.

For Round 1 I'm thinking:
1. Hayne
2. ? Blair/Morgan
3. Tonga
4. ? Morgan/Loko (if match fit)
5. ? Sio/Morgan
6. ? Sandow/Roberts/Kelly
7. ? Kelly/Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. ? Lussick
11. ? Maitua/B Smith
12. ? Ryan/Tautai/Maitua
13. ? B Smith/Harrison
14. Paulo
15. Allgood
16. Moimoi
17. ? Harrison/B Smith/Tautai/Ryan
18. ? Roberts/Kelly/Sandow/Mullaney/N Smith

That's 24 players with first grade experience in the initial mix, and I've probably forgotten someone else from our top 25.... oh, Lasalo?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Funny you should mention Lasalo and "different structures and ideas about positions". His profile on the official site now includes front row as one of his listed positions (though it also says he's 110kg) - certainly he has the physical ability for the NRL, but he was probably a bit too stupid for edge forward. If he really has bulked up to 110kg he might be ideal for the front row.

Also, we have a 34 man squad, and 26 of them have NRL experience.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Funny you should mention Lasalo and "different structures and ideas about positions". His profile on the official site now includes front row as one of his listed positions (though it also says he's 110kg) - certainly he has the physical ability for the NRL, but he was probably a bit too stupid for edge forward. If he really has bulked up to 110kg he might be ideal for the front row.

That would make sense, I reckon one of lasalo problem in the back row was he did not get involved enough thus his game metres would look sh?t (but it must considered if you are a edge forward you will only normally get the ball if it comes to your side which is sometimes outside your control, it is not like lasalo could run over the opposite side of the field which he is on to run the ball).

He is pretty good at running the ball when he gets the chance thus the move to front row will put him right in the action with no excuse if he does not get involved more. Plus his speed (which is pretty good for a forward)could really help us get some good metres up the middle if he can work of some quick play the balls.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Lasalo was told months ago that he is now considered a front rower.

Interesting, but probably the right move.
He was horrible in the backrow, woeful defence on the fringes.

His greatest strength was the one out runs anyway, but the issue is that he hardly ever took any... I wonder if he has the 'motor' to be a prop?

I guess we'll see.

DeanPay98

Juniors

I'm pretty sure that Lasalo was always listed as being able to be a prop. I remember reading something like that back in 2010 or 2011. Unfortunately, I think he'll be exactly the same as he was as a backrower - one brilliant play and then very little involvement.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I never played prop. I actually played 'middle winger' - I hung around the centre of the field and no merkin would pass me the ball.

eels81236

Bench
I think there will be tussles for just about every jersey. Sandow at 7, Mannah starting prop and Tonga in the centres are just about the only players/positions that an confident that Ricky will go with. Hayne will obviously be in the side, but I'm sure Ricky is still toying with him being a 5/6 (even though I think he's a better fullback).

Compare that to say the Dogs, and I recon the only spots up for grabs would be a winger spot, a bench forward and maybe the halfback (If Hodko can show some form to get past KK).

Usually you like competition for spots, but not when the majority of the team can't hold down their positions.

Poupou, you are the go to guy when it comes to naming positions, or to be more accurate their roles. What the funk does a 5/6 do? The guy standing outside the winger? Carl Webb? George Rose?

I'm pretty sure that Lasalo was always listed as being able to be a prop. I remember reading something like that back in 2010 or 2011. Unfortunately, I think he'll be exactly the same as he was as a backrower - one brilliant play and then very little involvement.

My recollection is that he was listed as playing 2nd row / centre...but I could be wrong.

Murf

Juniors
Just cutting through the extreme amounts of crap in this thread (it has lived up to its name).

Who is off contract in the near future that you guys would want?

A wishlist if you will?

Farah is a player the Eels should chase hard out and re-signing Hayne goes without saying.

Outside of those two players I think we need a 6, a damaging second rower and one more elite outside back depending on how Hoppa goes and what happens with Tonga.

Obviously the salary cap means that all this cant happen. However what we need and what you want for the team is something that I feel will make good discussion in what is a long long long long off season.

natheel

Coach
Just cutting through the extreme amounts of crap in this thread (it has lived up to its name).

Who is off contract in the near future that you guys would want?

A wishlist if you will?

Farah is a player the Eels should chase hard out and re-signing Hayne goes without saying.

Outside of those two players I think we need a 6, a damaging second rower and one more elite outside back depending on how Hoppa goes and what happens with Tonga.

Obviously the salary cap means that all this cant happen. However what we need and what you want for the team is something that I feel will make good discussion in what is a long long long long off season.

Depending on how Kelly and sandow go this year will determine whether we need a 6. But that 6 will be carney that we will chase and farrah I'd say we will go for him too

Status
Not open for further replies.