What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDM

First Grade
Iam still hearing the odd whisper around Tiger Town "Farah to Parra" still under contract but cant work with Sheens, so one of them has to leave town and it aint Sheens. Now the Tigers are winning its gone a bit quite but still the odd whisper. Also for the record one of his best mates is Haynes

Shaynes Haynes the ref?

Parra Pride

Referee
Nah, the Dogs paid unders. Players just don't want to come to Parra.

I heard Williams signed a Chris Armit deal, meaning he is worth nothing towards the cap until he leaves the Dogs, when he leaves they get an extra $10,000,000 per year to spend.

#GreenburgIsSmart

Gronk

Staff member
Nah, the Dogs paid unders. Players just don't want to come to Parra.

I think you're entitled to use that type of sarcasm after we sign a marquee player for 2013. Until then you're sounding like a dick.

#3Amigos

Suitman

Post Whore
I think you're entitled to use that type of sarcasm after we sign a marquee player for 2013. Until then you're sounding like a dick.

#3Amigos

Forgetting your silly quarrel with Mickdo, are you expecting a marquee signing from the club?

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Forgetting your silly quarrel with Mickdo, are you expecting a marquee signing from the club?

Suity

On the basis that that we are losing the experience of Hindmarsh, Poore and Fui, then hell yes.

On current stats they have 640 FG games between them. So far we have bought one forward with 19 FG games (Darcy) and a fringe NRL player in Brod Wright.

If they re-sign Poore and/or Fui then the need reduces somewhat.

Eels Dude

Coach
On the basis that that we are losing the experience of Hindmarsh, Poore and Fui, then hell yes.

On current stats they have 640 FG games between them. So far we have bought one forward with 19 FG games (Darcy) and a fringe NRL player in Brod Wright.

I don't know if marquee is the correct word, but I'd also expect us to sign a couple of players with enough first grade experience to replace the players you've mentioned. Players like Lussick and Matt Ryan aren't going to replace the talent you speak of.

Suitman

Post Whore

Fair enough. I'd expect the same.
I just don't think there is anything marquee out there now(maybe SBW). In the case we don't, I'd be happy that we just bolster our weaknesses with solid first graders, of which there seems to be enough available to fill our stocks..

Suity

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't know if marquee is the correct word, but I'd also expect us to sign a couple of players with enough first grade experience to replace the players you've mentioned. Players like Lussick and Matt Ryan aren't going to replace the talent you speak of.

How do you know that? Hindmarsh was a youngster once too.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member

Suity

I think we're all talking about the immediate need to get a better result than 16th next year. To do that we need to buy some experience to replace those forwards who are retiring to the back paddock.

Sorry we are bringing Brod Wright home? When did this happen.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

These guys won't be missed. They are part of a losing culture that needs to weeded out. They're apparently overpaid anyway. Good riddance.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is there a difference in signing for Wenty as the report said he signed for Wentworthville?

Yes.

The Eels can sign 25 tier 1 players. The minimum salary is $55k. Anyone who is associated with our club and in the top 25 is earning $55k or over.
Then we can pay up to 10 more blokes a combined maximum of $400k (but no more than $55k to any individual) - these blokes are "Wentworthville" signings. Contracted to our club, but signed by Wenty.
Then Wenty signs a bunch of blokes to play bundy and round out their firsts team.

Then NYC is a whole other story again. The top 25 players don't count against the NYC cap, but it is also restricted.

All of this is irrelevant if you follow the Storm - they just do whatever they want and spend as much as they want.

Forty20

First Grade
Broderick Wright is hardly worthy of a media release... especially if he's just signed a second tier deal with Wenty.

Eh, I was thinking more along the lines of forum protocol for the Confirmed Signings thread, for which you are usually obligated to provide a link to a press release or media statement. Still, as you say, as a second tier signing a press release isn't exactly expected

Eels Dude

Coach

Suity

As Gronk said Suity, I'm speaking short term. They could turn out to very good players down the track but there's a reason why clubs keep a balance of youth and experience in their squads. It's a lot of expectation to assume these young guys can fill the roles that Hindy and Fui etc have done so well over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts