What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Do u know who else he looks after at the eels.

Is hayne one of his players????

Moses has screwed our club for a number of years... In fact the only guy I know who could handle him is tony zappia and he won't be at the club despite what others have been saying.

Noise

Coach
Moses has screwed our club for a number of years... In fact the only guy I know who could handle him is tony zappia and he won't be at the club despite what others have been saying.

How can a player manager screw our club? Does Moses even have anyone of note at Parra? Players, coaches and the board can screw a club, not sure how a manager can...If our club is dumb enough to get sucked into bidding wars due to the player managers then that is our own fault

If your referring to him being cameron smiths manager who plays for the storm who cheated in the g/f then you are drawing a pretty long bow. Id say melbourne screwed us/everyone

yy_cheng

Coach
How can a player manager screw our club? Does Moses even have anyone of note at Parra? Players, coaches and the board can screw a club, not sure how a manager can...If our club is dumb enough to get sucked into bidding wars due to the player managers then that is our own fault

If your referring to him being cameron smiths manager who plays for the storm who cheated in the g/f then you are drawing a pretty long bow. Id say melbourne screwed us/everyone
He could get in the ear of a player like T-rex and turn them away from Parra, forget to mention that Parra made a better offer, he could pry players away from Parra.

This all affects Parra does it not?

Noise

Coach
He could get in the ear of a player like T-rex and turn them away from Parra, forget to mention that Parra made a better offer, he could pry players away from Parra.

Yes, he may have screwed us with T-Rex but i want to know how he has been "screwing parra for years"

And i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of player managers are getting in the ears of their clients advising them against parra, with the constant board room problems, rumour of player unrest, coaching problem, underperforming players and not to mention we are stone motherless last

Delboy

First Grade
Add to that, if for some reason they read this blog, then they will realise we have the most vindictive supporters in the league, that would smash their own club on a consistent basis

Lets be honest, we make the rabid Souffs fans seem like the most positive in the league, the 100/200 regular posters are really a miserable bunch at times. Yes, I can be included in that, but i am trying to be positive and hope that the path we are taking to change things has a happy ending

Ratchy

Juniors

Have heard of player managers doing that from mates who played in the NRL due to the fact of a personal disagreement with an official at a club.

Unfortunately they actually have a large control of the game.

Gronk

Staff member
Add to that, if for some reason they read this blog, then they will realise we have the most vindictive supporters in the league, that would smash their own club on a consistent basis

Lets be honest, we make the rabid Souffs fans seem like the most positive in the league, the 100/200 regular posters are really a miserable bunch at times. Yes, I can be included in that, but i am trying to be positive and hope that the path we are taking to change things has a happy ending

I'm positive about many things with this club at the moment. I think we actually have a good support base and fans who care enough to wear their hearts on their sleeves.

We will turn it around eventually. The salary cap does that and every club has it's chance when they get to the top of the bell curve. Soon it will be our 2001 or 2009 again and we might snag another trophy.

I said to my (then) 9yo son at the 2009 GF that he should savour this day and it could well be the last GF he attends until he is a man. He thought I was joking. :lol:

Hopefully our turn is just around the corner, but I fear that we have a few more lean years ahead of us in the meantime.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Gronk, we can agree on some things.

I am never sure we have all the things in place we need, but there has been a need to turn things on their head for a while. We compain when players leave , then maon when we try and sign them back.

No one is certain that a coach with a poor media personality can turn it around, but I do know how hard they are working, and how they feel about the need to make change. At the end of the day, critical to the club is a football manager, and if Lowe or someone like that can step ina dn bring some profile to the position, so be it as it will be a positive move. Personally would love Zappia to have that role, but the shockjock would be all over that one, unfortunately.

The tough part when you are at the bottom is getting your message across, and SK just doesnt have the personality to do it, look at what Cartwright did last year, he made the whole place look on the up just by the way he spoke. Sk needs a media man more than most

Avenger

Immortal

I am never sure we have all the things in place we need, but there has been a need to turn things on their head for a while. We compain when players leave , then maon when we try and sign them back.

No one is certain that a coach with a poor media personality can turn it around, but I do know how hard they are working, and how they feel about the need to make change. At the end of the day, critical to the club is a football manager, and if Lowe or someone like that can step ina dn bring some profile to the position, so be it as it will be a positive move. Personally would love Zappia to have that role, but the shockjock would be all over that one, unfortunately.

The tough part when you are at the bottom is getting your message across, and SK just doesnt have the personality to do it, look at what Cartwright did last year, he made the whole place look on the up just by the way he spoke. Sk needs a media man more than most

Why does he need a media man? To put spin on his inept performances ? I want to be successful too but Kearney is way above his head and should move aside or be sacked altogether. His shit results speak for themselves and with every loss the inevitable will occur.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The tough part when you are at the bottom is getting your message across, and SK just doesn't have the personality to do it, look at what Cartwright did last year, he made the whole place look on the up just by the way he spoke. Sk needs a media man more than most

SK also seems to have difficulty in getting his message across to the players. Leadership is not just about coming up with the right game plans. It is about having the ability to motivate. From what I have seen so far he has none.

I appreciate what the philosophy is. Therefore in order to not upset the foundations too much and to save some money I would give the reigns to Brad Arthur and see if he is able to improve our results for 2013. If he does, reward him and sign him for 2013 as the head coach. If not get rid of them all and start with someone like Brian Smith or as I said in another thread I would even take Ricky Stuart, at least he has a profile, experience and some coaching pedigree. Stuart could attract a player or 2 and wouldn't suffer fools. As everyone knows we have plenty of them amongst the players and the front office.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
And then he would start the same process over and we would be two years further behind.

Who ? Brian Smith ? When he took over in 1997 we were in a similar situation. He immediately made an impact and we made the semis in his first year and he continued to do it 80% of the time he was here.

Ricky Stuart won a GF in his first year and then made a further 2 grand finals. We all know he was sacked from the Roosters due to the feud that he had with Gould at the time. He then went to the Sharks and got them into the semis in his first year.

This taking 5 years to win a comp is horse shit. Do you know what the aim should be every year you compete in the comp ? To win the f**king thing not come 8th.

Who ? Brian Smith ? When he took over in 1997 we were in a similar situation. He immediately made an impact and we made the semis in his first year and he continued to do it 80% of the time he was here.

Ricky Stuart won a GF in his first year and then made a further 2 grand finals. We all know he was sacked from the Roosters due to the feud that he had with Gould at the time. He then went to the Sharks and got them into the semis in his first year.

This taking 5 years to win a comp is horse shit. Do you know what the aim should be every year you compete in the comp ? To win the f**king thing not come 8th.
Brian Smith had the Canterbury 4 all rep players at his disposal.
Dymock, Pay, Smith and Phil McCracken.

Avenger

Immortal
Brian Smith had the Canterbury 4 all rep players at his disposal.
Dymock, Pay, Smith and Phil McCracken.

and we have Hayne, Tonga, Sandow, Hindmarsh, Poore, Maitua, Roberts, Moimoi and Mannah. All current, former or emerging rep players that have played for their state or country.

Our squad isn't that bad. Our coach is the problem. I have never wanted someone sacked more since Hagan and Hagan looks like Jack Gibson compared to this dribbler.

born an eel

Bench
And then he would start the same process over and we would be two years further behind.
it's only 2 years behind if we are going places,
if you believe we are getting closer to the desired result there is no need to sack him.

If you believe we are going nowhere at the moment, every game we don't do something is a game further from a improved result.

Delboy

First Grade
Avenger, so Bennett and Cleary should go as well, they have more talented rosters than ours and are performing almost as poorly as we are

I dont know what the answer is, possibly not sacking another coach, actually what we need is Hayne to play 11 games in the same way as he did in 2009, that would cover all the cracks

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger, so Bennett and Cleary should go as well, they have more talented rosters than ours and are performing almost as poorly as we are

I dont know what the answer is, possibly not sacking another coach, actually what we need is Hayne to play 11 games in the same way as he did in 2009, that would cover all the cracks

Mate Bennett and Cleary have the runs on the board. They have been there and done it. They have had proven results. What has SK done at NRL level ? Nothing but the worst start to a season in over half a century. His record speaks for itself. He is learning at our club and we are paying him $400K for the privilege. It's a farce. He needs to go and he will if we keep losing.

If he turns it around I will be the first to admit that I was impatient and wrong but in my opinion he just doesn't have it and I would cut my losses whilst we still have time. I'm never one for wasting a season so that a rookie coach can find himself. Our squad is not that bad, we have the side to make the 8 just not the right coach.

Last edited:

Ratchy

Juniors
and we have Hayne, Tonga, Sandow, Hindmarsh, Poore, Maitua, Roberts, Moimoi and Mannah. All current, former or emerging rep players that have played for their state or country.

Our squad isn't that bad. Our coach is the problem. I have never wanted someone sacked more since Hagan and Hagan looks like Jack Gibson compared to this dribbler.

None of those players are in the class of the Canterbury 4 in what they can bring to a club. Your comparing apples to oranges.

And the squad is that bad....the wholes in the squad specially in the forward pack are big enough to drive a semi through.

oldmancraigy

Coach

SK seems to need more than a media man...

I'm a bit confused by your take on this Delboy.

I too would like to be positive about the future - I thought last season we actually played good football from round 11 onwards (bar 1 or 2 games).
I liked what I saw and the 'tough' style we were playing with was working - we had issues "finishing" inside the opposition 20 unless Hayne was making it happen, but apart from that the signs were positive.

Some criticised SK for a poor year, part of his defence of himself was that he had little input over the playing roster since he signed on late in the piece.

The good news was that during the 2011 season we made a number of key signings in the areas that we struggled with. Creative halves were signed, a strike center and a "gun" was stashed away for the future.

One might be forgiven for expecting SK to build on what happened last season. Competitive footy, but unable to "finish" - that should be a thing of the past with our halves!

Except this year they've played competitive footy in 10 minute bursts - maybe combining 2-3 of those bursts within the one 80 minute game.

SK is coming out and whinging about the players - well newsflash buddy: you had those same players last year on the whole, the main difference is that the playing group has been strengthened in absolutely crucial areas.
What is the real reason for the pathetic performances we've seen in rounds 1-10 this year?

The Gold Coast are a "bad team"' the Panthers are a fairly talentless roster - but both of those clubs have not only triple our wins, but seem to at least compete to some sort of plan when they run out on the paddock each week.

What is the real reason for the pathetic performances we've seen in rounds 1-10 this year?

I could cop the whole "we're just no good" thing if we had been shocking all last year - but unfortunately we were quite competitive in almost every game last year.

I can't rationalize any reason we should be so bad except that SK's pre-season preparation is way out of whack.
First 10 rounds last year were a shambles, this year, same story.
If we're "competitive" in all the rest of our games this year, then that won't give me "hope for the future" - it'll simply tell me that we shouldn't be wasting our time whinging about the players, but rather getting a new coach who knows how to do the pre-season thing properly.
Even to win 10 of our last 14 games would be bitterly disappointing. Missing the 8 because the coach couldn't be bothered starting at the beginning of the year?

In the end, if SK is too distracted by the NZ coaching job over the off-season, and in the first 5-6 rounds leading up to the ANZAC test, then that's his problem. I can't see why our footy club should have to suffer it 2 years in a row like we have. LET ALONE A THIRD.

It's hard to be positive when we're going backwards inexplicably.

Status
Not open for further replies.