What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
Hahaa at least this time ferguson isn't peddling the crap that he wants to be part of a team that has a chance to win the comp. that back fired on him last time.

While canberra can be boring I'd say he wants to leave because so many people hate his guts here and he will miss his <redacted> pal, Joel Thompson.

Chipmunk

Coach
I really cannot see the Raiders releasing him, given the issues they are currently having with Milford.

I notice the article says he wont play for the Dragons due to the Dugan issue, but I cannot really see a difference between him playing for the Sharks or the Dragons, Im pretty sure Dugan is living in the Shire.

Something isnt quite right at the Raiders...alot of players seem to want out.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm sure Souths can find space for him after we helped them out with Peat and probably Hunt.

I don't understand the angle you're taking on this one?

We helped ourselves out with Peats and Hunt. If the Rabbitohs paid any "freight" then we win even more. If we took them both on at "full salary" (not much since they were both going to leave and go after raises eventually) then that's no biggie either.

If we're paying Peats $300k, that does not mean the Rabbitohs were paying him $300k, and it also doesn't mean they free up $300k under the cap!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really cannot see the Raiders releasing him, given the issues they are currently having with Milford.

I notice the article says he wont play for the Dragons due to the Dugan issue, but I cannot really see a difference between him playing for the Sharks or the Dragons, Im pretty sure Dugan is living in the Shire.

Something isnt quite right at the Raiders...alot of players seem to want out.
Terrible culture down there and being coached by a clueless Numpty.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't understand the angle you're taking on this one?

We helped ourselves out with Peats and Hunt. If the Rabbitohs paid any "freight" then we win even more. If we took them both on at "full salary" (not much since they were both going to leave and go after raises eventually) then that's no biggie either.

If we're paying Peats $300k, that does not mean the Rabbitohs were paying him $300k, and it also doesn't mean they free up $300k under the cap!

Some posters only look for the negatives in what our club does.

Terrible culture down there and being coached by a clueless Numpty.

Despite all of that, they have developed a system that continually provides pretty high quality replacements for senior players that leave, and have outperformed us by any metric over the past 4 seasons. Not sure we're in any position to laugh at the Raiders.....I mean, what a fantastic culture the Eels have developed. The Raiders are at least in with a shot this year, and their fans get to approach the vast majority of games thinking that they're a decent chance of winning.

Furner has won 47 from 109 (43%) since being appointed in 2009

During this period we've won 41 games (15 of these in 2009) from 113 (36%), and our coach has won 16 from 68 NRL games during this period (23%).

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Despite all of that, they have developed a system that continually provides pretty high quality replacements for senior players that leave, and have outperformed us by any metric over the past 4 seasons. Not sure we're in any position to laugh at the Raiders.....I mean, what a fantastic culture the Eels have developed. The Raiders are at least in with a shot this year, and their fans get to approach the vast majority of games thinking that they're a decent chance of winning.

He's just shit stirring Barry. Hiney was a great fan of Tim Smith, so his views on who is a numpty are hardly relevant.....;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Barry O'Speedwagon said:
and have outperformed us by any metric over the past 4 seasons.

They finished behind us on the ladder in 2011.

I agree the Raiders have a great 'academy', but they're a yo-yo team just like we were before we started our long rebuild. That means they have poor culture, and lack leadership.

Chipmunk

Coach

Something is still a miss when 3 State of Origin level players (Shillington, Dugan, Ferguson) and a potential superstar (Milford) all want out of the place within a 6 months period.

Bigfella

Coach
Part of their leadership issues stem from the horrific injuries to campo. He is a genuine leader.

I think they are crazy not spending top dollars on a nine.

Imagine if you threw robbie Farrah in there.

The fox show was speculating on mon that robbie may not be sewn up. His contract hasn't been registered with the nrl.

I'd be satisfied with our recruiting if we nabbed him and ferguson.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most of those juniors have come through from Souths Logan, look what happens once Furner gets his hand on them ;-)

Chipmunk

Coach

I agree the Raiders have a great 'academy', but they're a yo-yo team just like we were before we started our long rebuild. That means they have poor culture, and lack leadership.

What have you done to your profile Poupou? It looks like your Avatar has been out in the sun or something...

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Part of their leadership issues stem from the horrific injuries to campo. He is a genuine leader.

I think they are crazy not spending top dollars on a nine.

Imagine if you threw robbie Farrah in there.

The fox show was speculating on mon that robbie may not be sewn up. His contract hasn't been registered with the nrl.

I'd be satisfied with our recruiting if we nabbed him and ferguson.

I would be more than satisfied if we nabbed Farah and Ferguson!

My post clearly said 'over the past 4 season', not 'at any point within the past 4 seasons'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts