What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Considering happiness is as much a function of expectations as it is of outcomes, I'd say neither team's fans would be happy. But at least we get to watch our team on free to air TV.

Over the last 4 years I am quite confident that Canberra's performances have exceeded the expectations of their fans more often than Parra have exceeded the expectations of their fans.

Cue a comment about how Parra fans are shit...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
More than that successful team of the last 5 years called Manly... What is your point? Lots of members doesnt guarantee you success.

Lots of members is success by at least one metric, in response to old mate's assertion that Canberra are better than Parra by any measure.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lots of members is success by at least one metric, in response to old mate's assertion that Canberra are better than Parra by any measure.

True - Bazza did actually say 'any metric'. I would say on balance Canberra have done better but you are correct to suggest that the eels have done better on at least one (membership levels).

Chipmunk

Coach
They produce some pretty good juniors which of course I an jealous off - but not once in the last decade have even came close to winning the comp, they have not made the top 4 or been in a gf qualifier - yet as shit as we have been we have made 3 gf qualifiers and made one gf in the last decade - I bet raider supporters would prefer this.

The Raiders are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Some years they seem on paper to have a side that should easily make the Top 8, but struggle to even make it out of the bottom 4. Other years they have a young side of no names that are one of the favourites for the spoon but easily make the Top 8.

They have made the Top 8 only twice in 17 years in an "odd" year (once was during Super League) and have not missed the Top 8 at all in over twenty years in an "even" year. 2013 is obviously an "odd" year and they are due not to make the Top 8 this year. Time will tell over the next four weeks whether that will be the case.

Chipmunk

Coach

How about you go and ask Manly fans what is a better measure of success - 2 Premierships, 3 Grand Finals and 9 Top 8 finishes in a row over the last decade or having 17000 members.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Raiders are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Some years they seem on paper to have a side that should easily make the Top 8, but struggle to even make it out of the bottom 4. Other years they have a young side of no names that are one of the favourites for the spoon but easily make the Top 8.

They have made the Top 8 only twice in 17 years in an "odd" year (once was during Super League) and have not missed the Top 8 at all in over twenty years in an "even" year. 2013 is obviously an "odd" year and they are due not to make the Top 8 this year. Time will tell over the next four weeks whether that will be the case.

Yep, I reckon they have a crap coach

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How about you go and ask Manly fans what is a better measure of success - 2 Premierships, 3 Grand Finals and 9 Top 8 finishes in a row over the last decade or having 17000 members.

Why would he do that if he is not arguing that membership levels are a better measure of success?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
More than that, why would I care what Manly fans think?

What opinions are we likely to get from the kinds of people that choose to support teams that win all the time?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In what sense are the players 'poached'?
Furner and Parra Pete are waiting outside schools in the logan area with Tranquilliser darts and Chloroform????

Poached was probably not the best choice of words recruited would be better. As i said they do a fantastic job of finding these kids and getting them into their system. Nek Minnit they meet Dave Furner Nek Minnit they are drinking cruisers on a roof top.

Tooooks

Bench
Furner and Parra Pete are waiting outside schools in the logan area with Tranquilliser darts and Chloroform????

Poached was probably not the best choice of words recruited would be better. As i said they do a fantastic job of finding these kids and getting them into their system. Nek Minnit they meet Dave Furner Nek Minnit they are drinking cruisers on a roof top.

One half of the cruiser drinking duo is Canberra born and bred. Unfortunately, he is an imbecile with imbecile parents - neither of which can be blamed on Dave Furner. The other half of that duo is a very unpleasant person and I can imagine he'd be hard to manage as a coach.

They've been great at finding and recruiting young talent for many years, but unfortunately for them, it hasn't translated into success on the field (not in first grade, anyway).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
One half of the cruiser drinking duo is Canberra born and bred. Unfortunately, he is an imbecile with imbecile parents - neither of which can be blamed on Dave Furner. The other half of that duo is a very unpleasant person and I can imagine he'd be hard to manage as a coach.

They've been great at finding and recruiting young talent for many years, but unfortunately for them, it hasn't translated into success on the field (not in first grade, anyway).
Stop ruining my fun Tooks, i was hoping Pete would get on and read my dribble and his head would explode :lol: Jks Parra Pete your all right by me, for a Raiders fan ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts