What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Double the player smith is - defensively they are similar but that is where it ends. Prior can actually make metres ( normally around 100m per game ) and plays anywhere in the pack.

Being able to defend at both centre and in the middle third is no mean feat.

Forty20

First Grade
Matt Groat and Jason Clarke might be another two players we are looking at if their respective fan forums are to be believed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Being able to defend at both centre and in the middle third is no mean feat.

Which smith and prior can both do - prior has played centre and all positions in the pack (out wide and in the middle) while smith has defended out wide as an edge forward/centre and this year he was playing in the middle.

grouch

First Grade
Is that a hunch? Or do you have some inside info?
A bit of both. I spoke to someone in the Souths camp last night. They had expressed an interest in Prior but can't fit him in at his asking price. His hunch was that he'll head to Parra.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think I've heard a Saints supporter that has a high opinion of him. Given our signings for next year, plus Loko and Tanganoa, I don't know whether we need another average back rower.

The more forwards the better, even if it is for depth positions. We really do lack size, and I don't think Hock and Mossop alone are going to solve that. Let's remember just how far behind our pack is compared to every other pack in the NRL.

Utey

Coach
Good signing, I like him at hooker and will provide a little bit of extra spark.

boxhead

First Grade
Peats is an awesome signing, we will finally have a quality hooker - no offence to Keating. From what I've seen of Souths he comes quite close at times to pushing Luke out of the starting line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.