What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As I've explained before....if Reece is on a match payments-heavy contract this year, he will be quite expensive to re-sign for 2016. We'll have got a free ride on the match payments this year, but they'll all hit us next year (only if we re-sign him)....which means that other clubs will find Robbo cheaper to sign than we will. Hope will still sign him though.

As I understand it, Barry, it's only if we re-sign him on another match payments contract. Likewise, if another club re-signs him on a match payments contract they will pay for the number of games he played this year.

Basically, match payments contracts are good value under the cap for players who missed a lot of footy in the previous year.

Good candidates for contracts with a match payments component for next year would have been Champion, Pritchard, Folau, Alvaro, Moss, King and O'Brien.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Morgan wont win you a game.......But he wont lose you one either

Exactly. The first thing you need to be competitive is 17 blokes capable of defending at first grade level. If there's any money left over you can then spend that on whatever match winners you can afford.

I understand fans get anxious at our lack of match winners next year and look enviously at clubs with more of them, but lack of match winners hasn't been our problem over the past few years.

Joely01

Bench
The way he defended against Lyon on the weekend, shows he can handle first grade. And is a good back up signing.

natheel

Coach
Well Proscenko has written a great article about Arthur now taking the club to court

Dead set does he write anything positive

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Can we get an ambulance on standby at Bigfellas place !

I'm on suicide watch - happy to resuscitate bigfella in the ambulance.

Plunger.jpg

Ratchy

Juniors
Well Proscenko has written a great article about Arthur now taking the club to court

Dead set does he write anything positive

Instead of blaming the media why not look at those running the club and ask WTF is going on? Its a deadset embarrassment.

The media might put their own spin or angles on articles but they do not sit at a laptop and just make shit up!!!

Bigfella

Coach
Morgan wont win you a game.......But he wont lose you one either

Yes he will.
He will lose ou games by reason of the fact that your side will be missing a player in attack.

His defence is also f**king shit.

People say he tackled well on he weekend.

He conceded one of their tries. He was lucky not to concede more.

People think he is a defensive centre simply because his attack is complete shit and he can't catch the ball.

He's a worse player than Kearney was a coach.

the only way Morgan won't lose us games next year is if he's not in the f**king team.

But of course he f**king will be. He always is.

And we are the only club that would have him

Gronk

Staff member
Gotta love a scapegoat. Luke copped it and now Morgs.

The heat is on Morgs more now cos Watmerkin is injured.

If Morgs gets injured then IDG better look out.

Is that the pecking order ?

Gronk

Staff member
Manu created the oppurtunity for our first try. Morgan did well to take it further and put Semi away.

He is very fkn average, though.

Agreed. It is only a mistake to re-sign him if a rookie could do better.

I'm guessing that Bigfella would say that a rookie is a better option ?

fatmerkin is deeply troubled over a recurring dream he has where he is involved in a steamy interracial affair with morgan freeman on a sugar plantation in the deep south. It manifests itself in daylight hours to an inexplicable hatred of anything Morgan - Fairchild, Motors or the town in South Australia are all taboo topics in his household.

Bigfella

Coach
He set up our first try and contained Jamie Lyon.

He caught and passed in a break started by someone else.

Pity he didn't contain anyone else - like say peta hiku

It's a myth that Morgan contained Lyon. Lyon made a heap more tackles than Morgan.

Mau and semi contained Lyon by hammering him in attack.

But you wouldn't understand that.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Saved me a post Gronkster.

Which rookie?

I mean, generally I'd agree with the sentiment, that paying mid 20s guys who have proven they aren't first grade starters is a mistake. But which young bloke is knocking down the door to be the backup centre?
Toutai?
Folau?

One might reasonably argue that they aren't as good as Morgs...

I'm with you on Morgs. He far too often gets sucked into the middle third defensively, and has a knack for a bad read. In attack the word 'pass it' isn't in his vocabulary. He's not first grade standard - but who else is?

For all we know he signed up at $120k (or below?), and I doubt we could poach a highly rated young bloke from another club for that price. It is difficult to clearly articulate how far back the lack of talent spotting from SK + Ricky have set us back, but next year, and going forward, the junior system ought to have been somewhat reconstructed.
Morgs got 2 years, most likely they are looking at someone else (a rookie?!) as the backup from that time on.

Noise

Coach
Agreed. It is only a mistake to re-sign him if a rookie could do better.

I'm guessing that Bigfella would say that a rookie is a better option ?

Or if we are planning on using him as our first choice centre. I can handle him as a backup (just) but not if we are planning on using him as our starting centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts