What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra Pride

Referee
I have been informed Kearney and "someone in a shirt and tie" were meeting with Lussick in Parramatta this afternoon on Church street.

I've never heard of this bloke so I did a quick google image search and found this:
Daniel%20Radcliffe%20in%20identical%20shirt%20and%20tie.jpg

Perhaps Lussick is a Harry Potter fan and meeting him is part of the deal?

#INeverLikedHarryPotter

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd play him at a 6 and Kapow at 7 but I think realistically he'd wanna go blow Dessie at the doggies

Eels Dude

Coach
He asked for a release, didn't say they'd give him one, and why would they?

Can't blame him really, he's a rep player now who is probably being paid minimum wage and still has 2 years to go on his current contract.

He asked for a release, didn't say they'd give him one, and why would they?

Can't blame him really, he's a rep player now who is probably being paid minimum wage and still has 2 years to go on his current contract.

He should not have signed it. Saying that Manly are crazy of they don't give him an increase.

Eels Dude

Coach
He should not have signed it. Saying that Manly are crazy of they don't give him an increase.

That's right it is his fault. But now that's become a star and realized what he's worth he probably tried to negotiate an upgrade, Manly said too bad, and he's not happy. They wouldn't have the salary cap space to pay him more this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Should we go after him and put Sandow at 6 ?

And what are we going to do with Ben Roberts' contract? He's never played hooker in first grade, so he's not an answer coming off the bench.

Playing guys on first grade sized contracts in reserve grade is poor use of the salary cap. I'd say we're married to Ben Roberts until at least 2014 when he comes off contract. If he's doing well by then we may even keep him.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
play him at centre .... if you could snare a gun player i don't think you worry about shuffling others around for a year .... having said that, i wouldn't expect parra to make any moves

Maroubra Eel

Coach
And what are we going to do with Ben Roberts' contract? He's never played hooker in first grade, so he's not an answer coming off the bench.

Playing guys on first grade sized contracts in reserve grade is poor use of the salary cap. I'd say we're married to Ben Roberts until at least 2014 when he comes off contract. If he's doing well by then we may even keep him.

I agree. Ben Roberts is doing just fine. We don't need another half. We're good in that dept.

87eelman

Juniors
I agree. Ben Roberts is doing just fine. We don't need another half. We're good in that dept.

Funny to hear an eels supporter say that, but at the same time a relief. Now we can move on to obtain a good rake and fringe back rower.

Personally i think benny is doing a good job, and one thing whilst at the game on monday night, sterlo on MMM mentioned, that in the lead up to the blair try hayne came into the line barking orders. Benny basically told him to get out of there and Hayne listened and did what was asked. The very next play he combined with Sandow down the short side to throw the final pass for a try.

Hopefully he doesn't get too kick happy though, close to the line i think he has been a bit poor, but in general i think he has been a really good addition.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Cherry shouldn't expect a release. Nobody forced him to sign the contract.

You don't hear players complaining when they sign big contracts and perform like duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.