What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

born an eel

Bench
Cherry shouldn't expect a release. Nobody forced him to sign the contract.

You don't hear players complaining when they sign big contracts and perform like duds.
do we really want a player who abandons the club when things don't go his way especially at Parra where we attrack controversy.

That is the problem when you are on a long term rebuilding process, you attrack players with money but just when it starts to come together they leave for more money elsewhere. Teams who are desperate will always throw big money at the players they need.

Bigfella

Coach
He certainly shouldn't expect a release, but he is definitely entitled to ask for an upgrade and Manly need to be very careful about how they handle it.

So much of this stuff gets distorted in the media of course and it's hard to tell whether the manager was trying to throw his weight around, or the club have leaked that to make the manager look bad.

Anyway, will be very happy if it f**ks them up because manly, and cherry Evans in particular have been very very impressive so far.

Pazza

First Grade
Personally i think benny is doing a good job, and one thing whilst at the game on monday night, sterlo on MMM mentioned, that in the lead up to the blair try hayne came into the line barking orders. Benny basically told him to get out of there and Hayne listened and did what was asked. The very next play he combined with Sandow down the short side to throw the final pass for a try.

Also that Sio try was all Roberts, from the grubber and regather in general play, then the short pass to Maitua for the half break resulting in a quick play the ball and finally running to the line and the cut out pass to Sio.

Hopefully he doesn't get too kick happy though, close to the line i think he has been a bit poor, but in general i think he has been a really good addition.

He found the grass more often than Mortimer thats for sure.

Of course he is entitled to ask for an upgade, but Manly is more entitled to knock him back. If Manly had offered him a contact with a clause "reducing" his salary in his second if he under-performed he would have told them to get stuffed.

It works both ways. Parra signs a big contract for J Poore, Poore goes down injured and plays bugger all games. Is the club entitled to ask for his salary back? No. DCE should just suck it up and stop acting like a spoilt little brat. (then again, with a name like that, what do you expect).

Ike E Bear

Juniors
He certainly shouldn't expect a release, but he is definitely entitled to ask for an upgrade and Manly need to be very careful about how they handle it.

So much of this stuff gets distorted in the media of course and it's hard to tell whether the manager was trying to throw his weight around, or the club have leaked that to make the manager look bad.

Anyway, will be very happy if it f**ks them up because manly, and cherry Evans in particular have been very very impressive so far.

Agreed.

And I think it's fair enough that a young guy who has won a grand final, been selected for his country and plays arguably the most important role in his team shouldn't be the lowest paid player in his team (and in the running for the competition as a whole).

In hindsight, it seems like he signed a dud contract, but to get an opportunity in the first place, that contract probably wasn't too bad when pen hit paper.

I think Manly would be wise to meet him in the middle. They should continue to enjoy having him as a bargain player since they gave him his start, but if they essentially take advantage of him for this year and next there will be zero good will for them when he's off-contract. Instead, they could get even more good will by saying 'we recognise your value and we're going to try to give you as much as we can'.

Good halfbacks are worth their weight in gold. I'd love to see Manly strangle the golden goose, but for Daly's sake I hope he gets looked after.

DCE should sack his manager on the spot, how could you tell a player to sign a contract of that length without having upgrades in it they play so many NRL games etc?

born an eel

Bench
DCE should sack his manager on the spot, how could you tell a player to sign a contract of that length without having upgrades in it they play so many NRL games etc?
it's not that easy from the clubs point of view. With the salary cap you have to be very carefull with automatic triggers in contracts. You can't be selecting teams on the basis that if picked we will break the cap.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cherry shouldn't expect a release. Nobody forced him to sign the contract.

You don't hear players complaining when they sign big contracts and perform like duds.

wait till Judas gets in the ear, he'll be gone in a flash

Gronk

Staff member
Let the salary cap work it's wonders on Manly and we can pick a player or two that will need to be let go so they can re-sign CE and Foran.

Trex or D'arcy will do fine, thanks. I'd even take Wolfman as a centre just quietly.

Let the salary cap work it's wonders on Manly and we can pick a player or two that will need to be let go so they can re-sign CE and Foran.

Trex or D'arcy will do fine, thanks. I'd even take Wolfman as a centre just quietly.

Spoke with Wolfman he'll never be back at Parra.

Gronk

Staff member
WILLIE Mason might be training hard in exile as he strives for an NRL comeback this season, but it's a different story on the domestic front. With his luxurious Clovelly pad occupied by tenants, Mason is splitting eastern beaches digs between the house of his fiancee's parents and the pad of former Bulldogs teammate Reni Maitua.
While Mason and Maitua have been living under the same roof, it's improbable they will pack down together at Parramatta. We're still confident Mason's NRL return is likely to happen at another Sydney club.
Meanwhile, the big fella was again spotted yesterday doing solo sprints in Centennial Park.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...or-an-nrl-return/story-e6frfgbo-1226300926237

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Willie, Willie and Reni have been spending a bit of time together in the eastern suburbs.

DCE is money hungry. He's on $85K. What does the greedy bastard want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts