What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROGUE

Juniors
DCE should sack his manager on the spot, how could you tell a player to sign a contract of that length without having upgrades in it they play so many NRL games etc?

Furthermore i believe this was the same manager who used to look after FFMM's affairs and faked his signature on a contract alluding to him signing with the storm.

Suitman

Post Whore
I've always thought you have a shit face as well.
Oh, you said "shitfaced".
Sorry, my mistake.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
AFTER they fought so hard to secure Daly Cherry-Evans long-term, Manly officials now face a fresh challenge to stop fellow international Tony Williams from defecting to Canterbury next year. The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs have added Williams to their Brookvale shopping list, which Sea Eagles star five-eighth Kieran Foran already headlines.
Although he inked a two-year extension last October, the giant back-rower enjoys an option in his favour for 2013 that allows him to negotiate with rival clubs.
Manly's battle to keep their premiership-winning team against extreme salary cap pressure is well-documented, with the club already unable to match fullback Brett Stewart's asking price during early negotiations.
St George Illawarra have been linked to Stewart for months, but Queensland sources yesterday said talented Broncos utility Gerald Beale could instead be headed to Wollongong as the joint venture's custodian in 2013.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ir-shopping-list/story-e6frexnr-1226302150131

Stagger eel

Staff member
it seems surprising how many manly players under contract have get out clauses written into their contracts.

everyone whinged about our previous CEO but this bloke (Dave Perry) has made a monemental c**k up of epic proportions

* He had a falling out with a club legend and a bloke who's nephew is the part owner of the club.

* he was very slow off the mark with re-signing Hasler and it's now come back and bit him square in the arse.

* several players have clauses in their contracts which has put Toovey and his staff in a pickle trying to sure up a squad for the future.

strider

Post Whore
they won a premiership - i think i'd be happy if we got just one - whatever happens after that i could cope with no matter who f'ed up

TheRam

Coach
If we don't try and bring T-Rex home we are fairdinkum kidding ourselves. He's a Parra junior who never wanted to leave. We need a forward like him

I wrote as much and more in the comment section of the paper, but they never printed it. :x

There should be no greater priority then this by our coaching staff right at the minute.

If Hasler and the Dogs or any other team get him, it would be a telling moment for me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
they won a premiership - i think i'd be happy if we got just one - whatever happens after that i could cope with no matter who f'ed up

If a wizard told me he could guarantee Parra a premiership next year, at the cost of guaranteeing we wouldn't win another one for at least another 25 years I wouldn't take him up on the offer.

Unless I was also alowed to bet on the result.

Seriously, most Manly fans are dejected at the moment, and they are undefeated defending premiers. Most fans will take future success over past success every time. And remember as soon as your current game is over it's in the past. Likewise your current season.

I'm excited about Parra's future; most Manly fans are (rightly) anxious about their own.

I'd prefer to be in our situation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wrote as much and more in the comment section of the paper, but they never printed it. :x

There should be no greater priority then this by our coaching staff right at the minute.

If Hasler and the Dogs or any other team get him, it would be a telling moment for me.

The ship has sailed with Tony Williams. The right time to sign him was when Manly did - now he's overpriced and even Manly know it. I doubt he'll end up at Canterbury either.

strider

Post Whore
If a wizard told me he could guarantee Parra a premiership next year, at the cost of guaranteeing we wouldn't win another one for at least another 25 years I wouldn't take him up on the offer.

Unless I was also alowed to bet on the result.

Seriously, most Manly fans are dejected at the moment, and they are undefeated defending premiers. Most fans will take future success over past success every time. And remember as soon as your current game is over it's in the past. Likewise your current season.

I'm excited about Parra's future; most Manly fans are (rightly) anxious about their own.

I'd prefer to be in our situation.

25 yrs? - i don't think their current ceo will be killing them until then? :lol: :lol:

seriously - I'd be happy to sacrifice 5 future years to win one premiership

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cited family reasons and the $700k contract the Titans will give him when the salary cap goes up.

I wonder how many other players want to change clubs due to 'family reasons' now that the new tv deal will guarantee a rise in the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts